What's new

Recommendations for old-school genetics?

myrth

Looking for recommendations on where to find some quality Skunk #1, NYC Diesel, Girl Scout Cookies and Gorilla Glue seeds.

I've been out of the genetic buying game for so long i'm actually feeling like with legalization came a shotgun hit of diversity...too much sometimes.

T

TakenByTheSky

NYC diesel is different from the sour diesel that most ppl sell. nYC diesel was grapefruit and only diesel by name. JJ and all them sell the sour type diesel as the NYC isn't that popular. Skunk 1 can be bought from any older vendor from the flying Dutchman to Nirvana, sensi etc...

Cultivators choice only sells the ancestral skunk which is old original seeds from the 80s with very questionable germination rates.

The flying Dutchman has old pure skunk #1 sold under the name "the pure"

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
NYC diesel is different from the sour diesel that most ppl sell. nYC diesel was grapefruit and only diesel by name. JJ and all them sell the sour type diesel as the NYC isn't that popular. Skunk 1 can be bought from any older vendor from the flying Dutchman to Nirvana, sensi etc...

Cultivators choice only sells the ancestral skunk which is old original seeds from the 80s with very questionable germination rates.

The flying Dutchman has old pure skunk #1 sold under the name "the pure"

real nyc diesel = chemdog91, soma´s nyc diesel = chemdog bagseed x aghani/hawaiian. to be clear.

from cultivator´s choice skunk1 pack you will get at least 10 females. some seeds will not germ, but there is 100 seeds in one pack for cheap price. it is real deal, not bottle necked.. ehm reproduced.. by anybody. right from breeder who created it.

Jayded

Soma's ruby red grapefruit cut of NYCD was the only plant I've smelled with the name diesel in it that actually reeked of diesel.

T

TakenByTheSky

Has anyone any info on Alladin Skunk?

It's supposedly derived from old skunk 1 seeds from SSSC a modern day breeding put out by khalifa genetics. It looks really good, I don't really need any more seeds but if I was looking for a skunk I'd buy that one

He also was very honest about it being a sweet skunk and not taking advantage of people by giving a hope they will find a super stinker.

Dirt Life

Veteran
Ha! Old school to me would be NL, Skunk, WW, and so on... I know ppl where their old school is Panama Red and Acupulco Gold... now I'm seeing cookies and glue on old school lists... man, I'm getting old...

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
from cultivator´s choice skunk1 pack you will get at least 10 females. some seeds will not germ, but there is 100 seeds in one pack for cheap price. it is real deal, not bottle necked.. ehm reproduced.. by anybody. right from breeder who created it.

Even better, this was an open pollination :groupwave: but 10 females might be a strong promise to keep.

J-Icky

real nyc diesel = chemdog91, soma´s nyc diesel = chemdog bagseed x aghani/hawaiian. to be clear.

Just to clarify everything I’ve read and learned, even growing some, about the ancestral skunk is that they have a roughly 10% sprouting rate. So while you MAY get 10 females there’s no real guarantee you’ll even get one female. You could also end up with a “hot” pack that may germinate at a much higher rate than 10%.
But again, like all regular seeds, there is no guarantee that you will get 10 females. Just like you may not get any from a fresh new 10 pack of other seeds.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
my friend got 6 females from 50 seeds, he just put them in the soil, no special germination. so thats why I thought you have to get 10 females at least. yeah it is positive scenario. like you said it is always tricky with seeds.

T

TakenByTheSky

Just to clarify everything I’ve read and learned, even growing some, about the ancestral skunk is that they have a roughly 10% sprouting rate. So while you MAY get 10 females there’s no real guarantee you’ll even get one female. You could also end up with a “hot” pack that may germinate at a much higher rate than 10%.
But again, like all regular seeds, there is no guarantee that you will get 10 females. Just like you may not get any from a fresh new 10 pack of other seeds.

They're still pretty pricey for what you may or may not get, they should be sold for like $25 a pack since there's no guarantee you'll get even on plant

Cvh

Supermod
Free ☕
Hi guys,

Here is a direct link to the authentic and very limited Ancestral Skunk seeds straight from Sam The Skunkman. These seeds are from 1985.

https://www.seedbay.com/product/ancestral-skunk/

These are 100 packs for £55. Germination should average around 10%.

Buy them if you want them, these are very limited and rare seeds.

Greatdalas

It's supposedly derived from old skunk 1 seeds from SSSC a modern day breeding put out by khalifa genetics. It looks really good, I don't really need any more seeds but if I was looking for a skunk I'd buy that one

He also was very honest about it being a sweet skunk and not taking advantage of people by giving a hope they will find a super stinker.

This is one uk cheese (one phenotypes of skunk 1) selected of seeds by khalifa the last year to make this strain, isn't the sssc skunk #1

T

TakenByTheSky

This is one uk cheese (one phenotypes of skunk 1) selected of seeds by khalifa the last year to make this strain, isn't the sssc skunk #1

Are you sure you're not confused with Persian prince? Persian prince is uk cheese vs Pakistani.

Alladin skunk is just skunk 1

Medfinder

Chemon 91
Hi guys,

Here is a direct link to the authentic and very limited Ancestral Skunk seeds straight from Sam The Skunkman. These seeds are from 1985.

https://www.seedbay.com/product/ancestral-skunk/

These are 100 packs for £55. Germination should average around 10%.

Buy them if you want them, these are very limited and rare seeds.

Kudos!

Well done!.

If I didn't have all the clone options here in socal I'd have bought 2 pks.

These ANCESTRAL SKUNK won't last long...hmmm..

:groupwave:

Greatdalas

Are you sure you're not confused with Persian prince? Persian prince is uk cheese vs Pakistani.

Alladin skunk is just skunk 1

Alladin skunk is uk cheese of regular seed x uk cheese of regular seed
The uk cheese or exodus cheese is one old skunk 1
But is more spiced than skunk the skunk is more fruity
And no is one s1 of the clone, is one s1 of regular seeds maked with this clone

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
also ancestral skunk males are jewel, in case you will not get any female by the chance, very little probability. I think these seeds are not for typical end customer, it is not feminized, so not. it is for somebody who is willing to work it a little, it is great entertainment for some of us.. I personally dont care about skunk1 much, but cant wait to grow ecsd x ancestral skunk. cheers guys.