What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BlueHash vs Hashberry vs WhiteBerry

Hello people,

I am looking for a nice strain for someone who is prone to anxiety, overthinking and heart racing.

So I thought a mild Hashplant x Blueberry might be a good thing.

Dinafem Blue Hash
Mandala Hashberry
Paradise White Berry

all claim to have Hashplant x Blueberry genetics.

Who is the winner ?

Can you help?

cheers

JockBudman

Blue hash is a nice relaxing smoke if you get the right pheno. I had two and one was a nice laid back chill out fruity number.

The other was a wee mutant that STANK of fuel and skunk, yielded crap and gave the fear something awful. Tbf to dinafem, I had stored the seed in a box under the bed for a few years and had to chop early due to a major security breach so maybe not the best representation but I thought I should mention it.

The other pheno was very good for anxiety so worth a shot, just kill any runts or heavy fuel stinkers.

thank you very much for your information.

this is where it gets a little difficult now.
I only have a small growroom and can only handle one plant.

so best seeds for me are female seeds and they better be stable....

and I know that is wishfull thinking.

But am I on the right track with HashplantxBB ?
Do you can recommend stable fem anxiety free strains ?
... and yes, I have tried CBD rich.

Mountainkush

You could check out Thai Chi from Ace seeds. Might be an issue if you don’t have a lot of head room but they are easy to tie down and match exactly what your looking for.

mexweed

Veteran
I would go with hashberry for sure, it doesn't have any blueberry in it, it's an afghani bagseed from haight ashbury late 70's and an indian landrace hashplant

Last edited:

Wild Seed

Mandala Hashberry doesn't contain Blueberry to the best of my knowledge. Their Fruitylicious feminized is Hashberry x Blueberry.

No reports yet, but for your requirements I'd suggest their Flashberry, which is the Paradise White berry x Mandala #1.
Mandala #1 is anti-anxiety, very nice easy smoke and Mandala actively try to breed out any tachycardic traits.

WOW.
Flashberry looks to good to be true.

It's a new Mandala Strain.
Did not know that they work with other's breeders genetics.
Sadly there isnt't much information to be found on the FLASHBERRY.

The Mandala#1 got my attention as well.

Is it just advertising or has Mandala really tried to make an anxiety free strain ?

Wild Seed

I don't think their breeding aims are an advertising gimmick. They don't really advertise themselves a lot at all. In my experience most turned out largely as they describe.

The Mandala #1 I sampled was absolute bliss. Very calming, meditative and dreamy, but not confusing or anxiety-inducing. No worries on this one. Woody apple taste with near non-existent odor level, like a perfume.

Flashberry should carry some of this effect, plus some Whiteberry flavours too. Be sure to make a report if this one's your choice, it sounds great. Hashberry, and possibly the fem Blueberry cross, are also good choices.

JockBudman

I've only ever grown regs from mandala and just their Safari mix at that, but I put them through hell and they were very stable.
I've still got a mum left that I'm flowering one last time this year, to make some crosses, and that thing has taken all manner of abuse. Too cold, too hot, dry, humid, root bound, hacked back to nothing - she'll even auto if left too long in the one pot but so far has never shown hermaphroditism.

I'd imagine that, unless they totally fucked up the feminising, the fems should be pretty stable too.

Out of interest, why just one plant?

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Any high THC variety can cause anxiety for an occasional user. Personally I’d say if you suffer from the symptoms you’ve outlined I would stick with a CBD variety that has a ratio of around 1:1 or 1:2 THC to CBD.

CBD will act as an inhibitor along with the THC. It’s a great way to make sure that you don’t get too high.

Just my opinion..
All of the varieties mentioned so far in this thread so far have the possibility of resulting in plants that are high THC. Some of them will be mild for a seasoned smoker. If you’re an occasional user then I would start with a CBD/THC mix and go from there.

With any variety it’s all about selection. You can find mild expressions in Blueberry, Mandala #1, Blue Hash and others; but you can also find very high THC individuals as well. Not long ago I was reading about someone who’d found a Mandala #1 that was super racy!

I give the same advice to anyone who doesn’t smoke or hasn’t for a very long time. They can get plenty high on THC/CBD varieties...

Hope you find what you’re after :)