What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kerala Landrace info

window

Veteran
Huesos, thanks, sounds like you have made some fantastic crosses there, I wish to do the same someday.
SpaceBros, your plants look very nice and loving the sunshine:biggrin:
Mandala do make some interesting hybrids.
Siever, you could have a point, all though my temps are fine she was a bit close to the reflector as she is a big girl.
Now that my sensi crop that she shares the tent with have started to stretch, I have raised the light some more, this may help.
Every pic I've seen here on I.c about South Indian has the same curling at some point throughout the grow, it can even be seen if you click on Huesos pic above.

I'm starting to get some smells from her, the buds, when gently squeezed give a slightly sickly sweet smell that I've had from other sativas, perhaps like over ripe fruit and the stem when rubbed smells like cinnamon.

vostok

Veteran
I'm growing a Kerala skunk cross,
very perfumery too
just switched to bud
and shes still stretching ..lol

got her as a freebie from the seedbank
a regular too, so hope to breed

window

Veteran
Hi Vostok, got any pics of your Indian skunk? A classic cross.
A few pics at around 11 weeks, half way through?
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Hi Vostok, got any pics of your Indian skunk? A classic cross.
A few pics at around 11 weeks, half way through?
View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image

Looking good! If you can starve her of nitrogen I don't think you'll have to go that long. The fastest I've seen took only 14 weeks. I tend to think going past 16 weeks indoors is kind of impractical but if it makes a difference, why not.

Siever

Veteran
I've known about Kerala for a while but have not paid attention because it sounded like a weak strain. But looking at the plant structure at 5-6 weeks makes me think it must be a real long flowering sativa. Anyone smoked straight Kerala?

I wonder if it's a nice hazy sativa?(my favorites).

On the Ace website it's stated that Kerala is one of the basic ingrediënts of oldtimer's haze.

Siever

Peace to the cannabis crew

window

Veteran
Thule, those are some encouraging words.
The seed plant my clone came from was grown on a windowsill and began to flower roughly around the very end of September to early October under natural photoperiod if I recall correctly.
According to R.s.c's description of there kerelan, they harvest in India around the end of December to early January, so that would roughly be 14 to 16 weeks, give or take a week or two.
14-16 weeks would be better than twenty but will see what happens.

Siever, I can't help but think that this girl I'm growing now, reminds me of a Seedsman original haze I grew.
picture.php

Both of them, wild looking things that wanna reach for the sky.:biggrin:

Roms

Veteran
Vibes Window, bonne suite with your lianas! :)

Mine was minty/pepper/cigar/choco smoke, the same complex dark thing like Thai and Swazi rooi/(Malawi)... Some of the best energic kick, long lasting and complex psychedelic high i have experienced no doubt! (around 20 weeks with 11/13 and 10/14)

window

Veteran
Roms, thanks. Yes, the 20 weeks I got from your thread, I'm hoping for a sooner finish but will see.
Your description of the taste and high sounds fantastic, I can't wait.:biggrin:
I will try to get some more pics up tonight.

Siever

Veteran
Window,

Did your friend had to do a lot of effort to obtain those seeds in Kerala?
The real seeds company also sells Kerala seeds, but I don't know if they are any good.

Siever

window

Veteran
Siever, no, no effort at all, herb was scored from a newsagents, lol.
He just asked around and people kept saying the name of the shop and he found it on his first day there.
I believe that the real seed company have genuine keralan, Thule mentioned that they look pretty much like mine, you should grab 'em.

window

Veteran
A few more pics.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

A little snippet from Rob Clark's mj botany, the only info I can find....'Ganja has been grown in India for hundreds of years, this makes them of considerable interest to domestic cannabis cultivators wishing to reap the benefits of years of selective breeding for fine ganja by Indian farmers'.

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've looked into this one.

Seedsman has the only known seeds based on this region.

I might be wrong, but know one else offers this.

There are a few threads here I believe.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran

Actually Seedsman has been out of seeds for years but you can still find RSC stock. I got mine from Austria.

window

Veteran
Yeah, would be great to see some of Roms pics here, the more the better.:biggrin:
picture.php

Thirteen weeks, trichs are turning cloudy/milky, no amber.
picture.php

The only nutes she is receiving are a few drops of organic pk in a litre or two of water and whatever is left in the lightly ferted soil, if any.
Still lots of white pistils, will wait till they start to brown then just give water to the end, few more weeks by the look of it.

window

Veteran
I've been checking out a couple of Keralan grows on a U.K cannabis forum where the real seed company have there own spot, there Keralan looks identical to mine as Thule pointed out, must have been collected around the same area.
There was one dude who started from seed and harvested at 24 weeks, that's all most half a year man!
He did feed pretty heavy, up to 2.5 ml of liquid organic nutes a Ltr a go, so I imagine the plant just kept on thriving, pushing out more and more flowers.
The plant got huge and he looks to have got a great harvest but the flowers were pretty dark green, too much for my tastes, I'm after Kerala gold buds, lol.
Still a great grow, I take my hat off for him.:tiphat:

vostok

Veteran
I'm 12 x12 with Dinafems Kerala Skunk, went fine until bud time, then ...BOOM
she really stretched for the sky now, just like Windows, plant above, lanky thin leaves,
a real rope maker, great potent smell, and many bugs bites too, but doing well..

..a keeper for me, as I like the height, and may actually make some rope outta her too....lol

Siever

Veteran

The real seed company has them too. Or at least they used to have them. Check their website.

Siever

Latest posts

Latest posts