What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BEST genetics?

WelderDan

Veteran
The "best" is kinda subjective.

Ace, CBG, Tom Hill, Serious, DJ Short, Chimera, MNS (and a whole bunch more) all have gear I want.

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

Agree with ACE and Cannabiogen, but whose got the best can be a surprise sometimes, all down to finding that particular plant that you really get on with.

Mind you there are some breeders I stay away from.

Research before you buy....sometimes some of the cheaper seeds can produce some amazing quality...just do a little research when you find something you like the description of.

TGT

Tom 'Green' Thumb
Veteran
Every breeder will have that magical bean, you just need to find it and be lucky enough. But I do agree, some breeders magic beans or more likely than others. Wow, I just realized this is a pointless post, sorry.

TGT

S

Scrappy-doo

Depends. You got any more details on what you're looking for? There's def some greatness at the bou.

daheadies

poppin' outta control
Connoisseur Genetics!!!!! every pheno of every strain is a top notch winner / keeper. CSG is definitely the best seeds / genetics if you appreciate diesels / chem strains..

Husky Jackal

Very Neat Monster
Veteran
The "best" is kinda subjective.

Ace, CBG, Tom Hill, Serious, DJ Short, Chimera, MNS (and a whole bunch more) all have gear I want.
What he said.^^^ Also Connoisseur Genetics, Dutchgrown and Karma have great gear.
So many strains, so little time...

hempluvr

plant pimp
Veteran
Depends on what YOU like!! For sure Tom Hill,Serious,CSG,mns,chimera,karma..just to name a few. Killer deals on BOG gear right now. Dutchgrown has 2 for the price of 1. Check the SPECIALS section

Gifstah

I have been asking myself the same thing alot lately, trying to figure out my new staple.
As the others have said, there is probably no answer.

From my research, some of the most respected breeders, and the ones I am going to try out are;
BOG, DJ Short, Chimera, Ace, CBG, Tom Hill, CSG and Mosca.

And Samsara because I got so surprised by a great Punky Lion plant (MTF x Chronic).

sutra1

As stated above, best is subjective. I've grown many strains and seed companies all outdoors. Some sucked out loud (they shall remain un identified) some were stellar. The exceptional have been CBG, Mandala, Trichome Jungle. Among these breeders the strains I've grown have been PCK, Peyote Purple, Satori, Speed Queen, Sadhu, Hubble Bubble, PNR, Ganesh, and Shambhala Kush respectively. These strains have proven to be pretty much as described and in some cases quite potent. Gotta give honorable mention to MLI, Aurora Indica, and X18.

the best genetics can only be an opinion because everyone likes different strains.. you can find a keeper with most trying to establish a company, but whats best for you may not be the best for me.

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
As already stated it depends on what you want.
From Boo/Bay.
If I were looking for a Haze, I'd look to Mr. Nice.
Something sativa other than Haze, Ace/Cannabiogen.
Kali Mist deserves a mention, in the sativa world.
Something OG/Chem I'd look towards Karma or Connoiseur.
Something blue, DJ, for sure.

Serious, BOG, Tom Hill, all deserve a shout out.

My Chem choice, however, comes outside of Gypsy's offerings.

Dirt Life

Veteran
This question has thousands of answers, and no answers at the same time. As has been stated, repeatedly, it's all very subjective. But the answer is clear for me, and that would be genetics I could afford. There's been several breeder and breeder organizations already mentioned, just go through some of their seed offerings and look for the genetics that best suits your needs. Me personally, I'm all about the hunt... The hunt for great pheno's.