What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Original Secret Recipie

the gnome

Veteran
ok...
more old threads about SR have been poping up recently like popcorn so its time to start a fresh one
my good friend dah told me to load up on these sometime last spring.
I got 2 packs and I'm glad I did because they went quickly after that when tru and ojd posted the lineage of SR and Dah posted the pics of his monster 1/2-3/4lb monsters!
I couldn't believe it recently when I saw what must have been some relists pop up at a CSG outlet
and I picked up 3 more paks!(like dah said to do but they were gone)
YES! its that good!

here my big pheno, she's at 67 days now and is just starting to get cloudy heads so its going to be mid 70s when i chop her.
she stands around 6-1/2ft tall. she was too big when she went in the bloom room so I took the top12" out.
your only seeing 1/2 the plant!
and this is the neat part,
i have 2 1000w bulbs, in this run i left one MH bulb in so i'm running 1/2+1/2 = MH+HPS
and this SR ended up right in the middle and there is a definite difference between the two sides.
the last run i started running 1 MH after 5wks in bloom to see if there was a difference.
I'm going to do a separate thread on this later

but back on topic
she is just huge and gnarly and even wtih the thick stems the heavy buddage twists and bends the stem at the joint to the main stalk...
to sum it up in one word.... impressive
picture.php

I took samples @ 35 days and it was already an 8 on the potentcy level... 35 days !! an 8!!
picture.php

I have another pheno and will post pics tomorrow
a much smaller one that leans more toward chemd
picture.php

CSG nailed it again with this one
I read SR 2 is going to get dropped soon
like to hear more about whats in that one

Last edited:
T

TREE KING

nice job gnome that plant looks sick! whats the smell like? its interesting that you were talkin about the different type of light on each side cause ever since i saw the stretch on this 1 secret recipe pheno i got i had the idea of switching to a hortilux super blue hps bulb instead to see if i can cut the stretch down. do you think thats a good idea or no? i figured the blue in it would keep it shorter

the gnome

Veteran
hey tree,
somehow I knew you would be posting in this thread :)
actually the smell is on the chem side with a spice type of aroma mixed in.
but you have to rub a bit to get the aroma's to some out.
if you put your nose right into the bud its alomost like getting an good
whiff of mentholatum, it'll clear the sinus right up for you!
and I think the blue would help with the stretch

T

TREE KING

hey tree,
somehow I knew you would be posting in this thread :)
but you have to rub a bit to get the aroma's to some out.

nice thats good to know. cant wait to hear about the potency after its dry if it was already an 8 after 35 days lol. i cant believe how much nutes this fuckin strain takes. even at 1000ppm (ec x 500) i had some deficiencies so yesterday i had to up it to 1200. are you doing hydro? what ppm were you at with this strain?

the gnome

Veteran
nice thats good to know. cant wait to hear about the potency after its dry if it was already an 8 after 35 days lol. i cant believe how much nutes this fuckin strain takes. even at 1000ppm (ec x 500) i had some deficiencies so yesterday i had to up it to 1200. are you doing hydro? what ppm were you at with this strain?

I'm in soil FF OF, doing the KISS rezapie 6 9 formula
using koolbloom powder. it averaged 750ppm and w/koolbloom it went to around 1000-1100ppm
she'll definitely take the nutes no prob if you give it to her.

but yeah man, an 8 @35days, thats what I'm saying!
another test @around 50+ and she was a solid 9 and the quality was the feature on this strain, very tasty that lasted through
a nice up daytime feel but not jittery or nervousness.
stone thee fook out of ya but on the comedown it is a very nice and easy transition back to life, no crash at all.
this strain seems to have it all.
with the 5 paks Ive gotten I'm confident I'll finally find
my *holy grail pheno* if i haven't found it in this one already :dance013:

Nice flowers Gnome im liking the structure on that girl nice yield too!!!

yeah the structure on this gal is impressive for sure, and this is just one 1/2 of the top,
i wish I could have let her go au natural.
the stems are very sturdy
I ran a silicate additive this round so instead of the stems really sagging so much they are twisting sorta sideways at the knot where the stem it attached to the main stalk and then sagging because the stem is weaker in that position.
lots of weight, LOTS of weight on her for sure
can't wait to see how the clone runs go.

I have another pheno in with this one but she's much smaller and completely different that this *Big Bertha* pheno
much smaller buds but popcorned all through the plant with very tight slendered *dagger* sativia looking leaves and the resin on her is unreal, like the sugar gnome comes by and dusts her everynite haha!

I'll get pic of her soon

aligee

Veteran
I'm in soil FF OF, doing the KISS rezapie 6 9 formula
using koolbloom powder. it averaged 750ppm and w/koolbloom it went to around 1000-1100ppm
she'll definitely take the nutes no prob if you give it to her.

but yeah man, an 8 @35days, thats what I'm saying!
another test @around 50+ and she was a solid 9 and the quality was the feature on this strain, very tasty that lasted through
a nice up daytime feel but not jittery or nervousness.
stone thee fook out of ya but on the comedown it is a very nice and easy transition back to life, no crash at all.
this strain seems to have it all.
with the 5 paks Ive gotten I'm confident I'll finally find
my *holy grail pheno* if i haven't found it in this one already :dance013:

yeah the structure on this gal is impressive for sure, and this is just one 1/2 of the top,
i wish I could have let her go au natural.
the stems are very sturdy
I ran a silicate additive this round so instead of the stems really sagging so much they are twisting sorta sideways at the knot where the stem it attached to the main stalk and then sagging because the stem is weaker in that position.
lots of weight, LOTS of weight on her for sure
can't wait to see how the clone runs go.

I have another pheno in with this one but she's much smaller and completely different that this *Big Bertha* pheno
much smaller buds but popcorned all through the plant with very tight slendered *dagger* sativia looking leaves and the resin on her is unreal, like the sugar gnome comes by and dusts her everynite haha!

I'll get pic of her soon

Yeah gotta love them sugar gnomes i thought i only got them lol csg gots some of the best strains out right now im impressed im vegging some ogchem a friend gifted me i cant wait im subb'D here bro!!!

the gnome

Veteran
agreed aligee... sugar gnome's aside
CSG seems to have done a fantastic job in the last 8-9 months putting out the goods!
and I mean ass kickin goods :joint:
I just wrapped up my 2nd fem'd grand doggy purps run and again, scoring hi marks all across the board, taste is exceptional and potentcy running in the 9s with both pheno's in the clone run.. my people can't seem to get enough of my GDoggyPs
hoping to get some more CSG starins on top of the SR I picked up,
thinking sssdh but I'm on a chem kick ATM so the connosseur chem seems to be calling!!
but i think the Fuel is what is needed...
Damn CSG!
so many kickin strains to choose from!

Great pics Gnome! I can definitetly see the Abusive OG in that girl...

DD

mucho thanks my friend!
never had any abusive but have heard lots of positives about the line
and secret recipie is a great vehicle to deliver the goods :dance013:

Last edited:
T

TREE KING

DD

o shit thats good to know cause i got a pheno kind of similar to gnomes and im tryin to figure out what it leans to. it still need like another month and a half to finish though so i guess its too soon to post pics

the gnome

Veteran

DD

the Abusive! must be where the spice aroma is coming from

Last edited:

Danksmith

Veteran
Damn g great work:)

Im ordering a pack of these now. I want some of those massive colas. Your right bout csg putting out some serious shit the past few months... Needless to say csg are definetly on my radar now.
I'll be lurking on this one. I can't wait to see what they look like at 63 days if they look like that at 35!
Keep it dank broski!:)

the gnome

Veteran
Damn g great work:)

Im ordering a pack of these now. I want some of those massive colas. Your right bout csg putting out some serious shit the past few months... Needless to say csg are definetly on my radar now.
I'll be lurking on this one. I can't wait to see what they look like at 63 days if they look like that at 35!
Keep it dank broski!:)

no.. she isn't 35 days now
it was sampled @35 and potentcy was an 8
she's @69 today.... :smoke:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
amazing pics and descriptions bro

you got some mad skillz
love that 2nd pic picture perfect

happy you finding dank in our stuff

peace

the gnome

Veteran
thanks Tru
secret recipe has the potential to be that *Holy Grail* strain more than
anything Ive grown to date :smoke:

I took my GDoggyPs down and they are curing right now
they had so much resin it was almost impossible to trim the darn things!

i'll have more pics of SR when i do more chopping this weekend.
I'd like to hear more about the new secret recipe you guys are going to release

the gnome

Veteran
thanks Tru
secret recipe has the potential to be that *Holy Grail* strain more than
anything Ive grown to date :smoke:

I took my GDoggyPs down and they are curing right now
they had so much resin it was almost impossible to trim the darn things!

i'll have more pics of SR when i do more chopping this weekend.
I'd like to hear more about the new secret recipe you guys are going to release

gtgio

Here's my secret recipe female, I popped 7 seeds and she was the only lady. I kept the most vigorous male and dusted a few of my plants branches with his pollen, including Chemmy Jones and Madness (C99 x Matanuska), should be interesting. This pic is around week 4, she's starting to get different coloured pistils and to stink a lot more now. When they announced the lineage of this strain I just had to grab it, too much potential for awesome.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

the gnome

Veteran
This pic is around week 4, she's starting to get different coloured pistils and to stink a lot more now.

When they announced the lineage of this strain I just had to grab it, too much potential for awesome

damn straightgtgio!
can't help but get dank with whats in this one!
yours looks just like mine.
the long white pistils seem to be a trait with SR!

benzo

Dope ass plant man !!!

So u doing ffof with the rezipe . U feed every other watering or 3rd? What watt light

the gnome

Veteran
Dope ass plant man !!!

So u doing ffof with the rezipe . U feed every other watering or 3rd? What watt light

yup, FF OF w/69 rezapie every watering and silica-protek
by the time i get into bloom most of the OF's goodies are
on the downside
I love the 69 thi8ng using GH
bloom and micro because the N is in the micro so you use it in veg w/the bloom and not have to buy a separate bottle for veg nutes
and drop it in bloom when ever your ready to cut the N
and you can still get you P+K in from the bloom till your ready to flush
its very simple and does as good as the way more xpensive nutes

using 2 1000w bulbs

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts