What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone grown' Shishkaberry f2s

M

mtncolas

Was wondering if anyone started any Shish f2s? I have some Blue Sattelite 1 f2 x Shishkaberry seed almost finished. Going to be making more Shish f2s and Shish ix with new f2 male. Post some pics if anyone has them going. Thanks!

Irie_Lion

Free up the Herbs....Let the Sacrament grow!
Veteran
Ill get some pics once my friend gets them veggin and a lil bigger. I gave him a pack to grow out and hopefully find some nice ladies :) thanks! Lookin forward to seeing others pics too.

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
Hey mntcolas, sorry I missed the drop but i'm very interested in the Shishkaberry F2s. Please let me know when you get ready to drop some more. Thanks in advance and take care 1

Gdood9

Somebody needs to come out with shishkaberry f2's. I'd jump all over them. Cash Crop Ken is the only guy I knew making them but he's gone. At least I think he's gone. I've seen his stuff at VSB but I don't know if I trust that place. That's the only place I can find his gear anymore.

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
there is F2s been around for a while...made some myself in `09...can tell ya bout it tho but curious what others have to say as well....
its a unique n interesting line...
always known it as Shiskeberry from breeder Steve of SOL...
Steve used 2 distinct lines known as the Yellow and the Red...
Shiskeberry is said to be mainly Red/Shiskeberry....but theres a few stories...
( ? - Shishkeberry Red, from Spice Of Life Seeds, is NOT the same as the Shiskaberry x Shiskaberry(a.k.a. Kish)
not sure who made that statement but its what seems to be...
man this is goin back a ways...i did just gift some out not even a yr ago...who knows tho.....some day....n happy hunting
FOE20

Attachments

• ShiskeBeye1_01-03-10.jpg
    ShiskeBeye1_01-03-10.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Shiske1_09-24-09.jpg
    Shiske1_09-24-09.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 34
  • Shiske2_09-24-09.jpg
    Shiske2_09-24-09.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

maryanne3087

Chimera does both Snazzleberry and C4 which have shishkaberry in them but not solely shishakberry.

Snazz is shish x bb i think and c4 is cotton candy x shish.

Happy Times

I wouldn't mind havin a pack in stash .... sishka is a nice plant very fast.... what id really like is some bubbleberry back around...

4 years late

But yeah BubbleBerry was awessssome

Did a little pollen chuck back in the day with a couple BB females and P88 male

therevverend

Veteran
Did my yearly hunt for Shishkaberry seeds last winter and found the real deal. Shishkaberry F2.

picture.php

Reeks of strawberries. One of the other ones has the blueberry smell. I also got a Stawberry Shiskaberry x GG#4 hybrid. They're looking good as well.

picture.php

More of a gnarly glue and fuel smell then a fresh bowl of strawberries. Can't wait to see how they turn out.

therevverend

Veteran
So far I'm very happy with my Shisky plants. Ended up with three females and one male. Kept the male for breeding and gave one girl to a friend. Here's a picture of one in early June, a couple weeks after I stuck her in the ground.

picture.php

Then they stretched, got very thin and lanky. This is from the start of July.

picture.php

The stretching continued, by mid July they were tall and lanky.

picture.php

Then they filled in. Now both mine are close to 10 feet, still stretchy and tall but bushing out.

picture.php

and the other one.

picture.php

So tall the frame almost isn't big enough. Both have a strong terpy smell, I don't want to say berry but it's good.

I went back and looked at the original Spice of Life descriptions by Breeder Steve and I noticed a couple things. The proper spelling seems to be Shishkeberry, E instead of A. I'll try to remember to spell it that way from now on.

The other thing I wonder is whether these are true Shishkeberry or Shisheberry #3 which is actually (Shiskeberry yellow X (Shishkeberry red x Blueberry)). I'm assuming they're true Shishkeberry but I'll watch for Blueberry markers.

need4weed

Veteran
So far I'm very happy with my Shisky plants. Ended up with three females and one male. Kept the male for breeding and gave one girl to a friend. Here's a picture of one in early June, a couple weeks after I stuck her in the ground.

View Image

Then they stretched, got very thin and lanky. This is from the start of July.

View Image

The stretching continued, by mid July they were tall and lanky.

View Image

Then they filled in. Now both mine are close to 10 feet, still stretchy and tall but bushing out.

View Image

and the other one.

View Image

So tall the frame almost isn't big enough. Both have a strong terpy smell, I don't want to say berry but it's good.

I went back and looked at the original Spice of Life descriptions by Breeder Steve and I noticed a couple things. The proper spelling seems to be Shishkeberry, E instead of A. I'll try to remember to spell it that way from now on.

The other thing I wonder is whether these are true Shishkeberry or Shisheberry #3 which is actually (Shiskeberry yellow X (Shishkeberry red x Blueberry)). I'm assuming they're true Shishkeberry but I'll watch for Blueberry markers.

I'm really interested in seeing how this pans out. I've for some f2s as well.

browntrout

Veteran
I love the Shiski, some really resinous plants to be found.

I ran Barney's Farm Shiskaberry indoors on a seed run. What an insanely grapey plant that was, was equal parts grape floral/candy/bubblegum and afghani acrid/slightly ammonia, very strong smell and taste.

Bred to my Blueberry Sativa made for some lanky plants with large yielding capabilities in some phenos. Some phenos were even taller and later, lots of genetic diversity even in a fem hybrid. Makes me think that Barneys actually did have a Shiski cut and likely a very old/early one.

Rev, it's becoming evident our tastes are very similar.

She has since bulked up substantially since this photo.

picture.php

Tynehead Tom

a few years ago I popped the last of the 98 shiskaberry in my stash. I was a member here at the time but the pics are not here anymore..... I still have all the pics though.

I got 1 female and worked her with Ustad Seeds Shiskaberry 3f2 which were sourced from Hemp depot in canada.
I've worked the line a few times now but not finding "the" plant that takes me back to the 98 shiska phenos I was hoping to unlock. I need an injection of the "berry/fruit phenos to continue working the line.
I did drop Shiskabah on seedbay a few years ago in 25 packs (98shiskaberry x 2016 shiskaberry 3f2)

I would be interested in gathering other phenos or seed for future work

from what i understand and i could be wrong..... the original Yellow/Reds were called Shishkeberry The Red , Shishkeberry The Yellow.
The cross with DJ's Blueberry that was released in 1998 in vancouver BC was called Shishkaberry. I got 25 seeds of that release directly from breeder steve himself while he was promoing his gear and DJ Short's gear at Marc Emery's seed store. I remember that day clearly.

picture.php