What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

South Africans roots

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
@TanzanianMagic @Genghis Kush.

Have you heard about very old fossil pollen found in Namibia ? I didn't know and can't find online, source and link of the study ?

OG @upstate Extremely old pollen has been found in Namibia too. I want to say it was 10000 years old believe it or not But definitely don’t "me on that 1 it was a long time ago that I read it. Somewhere in these threads I posted about it. I recall for sure that it’s the oldest pollen found in Africa. I believe there must be older pollen in Madagascar. I doubt many people if anyone is looking for it.
I’ve always thought that the ancestor to Durban poison could be found in Madagascar…
I should say the ancestor to Mozambique poison could be found in Madagascar

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Hey cool thank you for this new Wiki link @Genghis Kush., all confims my theory thought in 2010/11, funny to see Bellwood's up map also in 2011 and new researches since.

I think NLDA source history is comparable to sugarcane so like coconut and banana! ;)

Map_showing_centers_of_origin_of_Saccharum_officinarum_in_New_Guinea,_S._sinensis_in_China,_an...png

I just look forward to find coconut terps in pure Malagasy rongony zamala or Papua New Guinean or New Caledonian etc ^^

Last edited:

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
About Namibian old pollen will see with @upstate from Overgrow maybe he will re-found his source but 10K BC or BP old is quite unlikely according last glacial maximum vegetation map! (?)

Last edited:

Genghis Kush.

Hey cool thank you for this new Wiki link @Genghis Kush., all confims my theory thought in 2010/11, funny to see Bellwood's up map also in 2011 and new researches since.

I think NLDA source history is comparable to sugarcane so like coconut and banana! ;)

View attachment 18817271

I just look forward to find coconut terps in pure Malagasy rongony zamala or Papua New Guinean or New Caledonian etc ^^
I was thinking the same thing about sugar cane , bananas and coconut history being comparable to the spread of NLDA.

10,000 BP may be too far back .
But I think by 6000 BP or earlier long distance trade over the sea was happening .

coconut terps would be awesome!

Latest posts

Latest posts