What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

South Africans roots

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
A two day Cannabis Convention has been organised by the former Registrar of the Swaziland Examinations Council, Dr Ben Dlamini.

The event will take place at the Mavuso Tading Centre in Manzini, Swaziland on the 26th November. Public speakers will be speaking on the benefits of cannabis, cannabis law aswell as the benefits to african farmers. Dr Ben Dlamini will also be speaking on the Economic Recovery Cannabis Strategy" that he believes will build Swaziland into the stongest African nation. This convention will be a first of its kind, inviting dagga dealers, smokers and growers to a public event and discuss cannabis amongst like minded people. An entrance of E100 ( R100.00 ) will be charged. Live music and entertainment will be provided. Accomodation is available through hotels, back packers and bed and breakfasts, please check the local listings.

Sauce

[YOUTUBEIF]0Tsrn7v-PvY[/YOUTUBEIF]

26th November 5:00pm
Mavuso Trading Centre
Ngwane Street
Manzini, Swaziland
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=4780272#post4780272

Thanks Lowridersa, nice and good to have news like this from Africa! :smoke: Vibes':ying:

A dried small Swaz' cut close up for fun, fourteen thousand kilometers above ^^

Petula
picture.php
picture.php

Vibes Ras'

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
From a physiological and morphological point of view I find that these Khoïsan peoples eyes are slightly slanted, they are also small in stature, skin clearer too. Quite comparable to the peoples of the highlands of Madagascar and some types Indonesian or Papua New Guinea! I think it's interesting to study, a proto historical perspective.
The standard interpretation after the Human Genome Project is that:

a) The Bushmen/San have the oldest Y-chromosome haplogroup of all living humans, Haplogroup A.

b) The Spencer Wells (Genographic Project) interpretation is that the Bushmen are the oldest population group, that their universal features (Black, Asian, European) are the source of most variability today, and that this is because are closest to the original Homo Sapiens population that left Africa an archaeologically short 60,000 years ago.

Homo Sapiens has been around for 200,000 years, and apparently didn't interbreed with other contemporanious homonids.

It is clear that it is genetic diversity that is the key to adaptability to many different environments in a generalist species like Homo Sapiens.

Remember that racism and scientific racism depend on the Multi-Regional Theory of human evolution, in other words, modern humans arising out of long separated and highly genetically differentiated populations of homonids (Homo Erectus in Africa, Homo Neanderthalensis in Europe, etc.). The Genographic Project drove a stake through the heart of all that.

G

guest121295

What do you guys think would be the best way to find real SA Swazi/DP type seed stock short of traveling to SA? It would seem that such interesting plants from those southern regions would be in more demand and we'd be able to better source them.I'm not looking for any equatorial varieties but more southern, maybe higher altitude type stock.

GreenMAX

Did you tried Tropical seeds Chaco?
They have Ciskei seeds that are land race according to description.
And as freebies I receive Durban+Ciskei and after consulting with owner he told me that his Durban are land race direct from source.
Maybe you can twist his arm for some original Durbans!
He is good man,after some confusion we had in dealing,he send me nearly double extra seeds with my order!

G

guest121295

I couldn't find them, I found another Mulberry seeds with some SA stuff but with all those varieties they offer, I don't trust the authenticity.I'd rather fly to Durban myself than waste 6 months.I might be a prick about this but there's only so many strains a guy can offer before you start to question their legitimacy.They may be real for all I know but I think ya'll know what I mean.:)

The Revolution

Veteran
Chaco, I have some Durban Poison and Swazi seeds. These came from African seeds. These are the same lines that Tropical seed Co are working with

Does anybody know what's up with tropical seed company? Their site has been disabled..
I hope they can continue without problems.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Cool :smoke:

So try your luck with Swaz too, nice expériences anyway and great potent.
That's a hash African stuff with dark taste but incredibly high too, genetically close to the Malawi i think. But don't really know how the cannarelationship has evolved over time. My feeling is that growers of Swaziland would have made exchange seeds with those in Malawi many many years ago. What is interesting historically is to know what is the origin of, from South or North ? ..

Swazi Red details, 2 kind of shape "lance" and "christmastree". Blue greens from stretch sometimes and well resin specimens may appear. Dark hash cigar tastes but ripe fruits sometimes with long curing, a slight smell of lemon and honey but only during cultivation.
[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=27989&pictureid=662514&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL] [URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=27989&pictureid=704700&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL] [URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=27989&pictureid=715524&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL] [URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=27989&pictureid=715525&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL] [URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=27989&pictureid=740565&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL] [URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=27989&pictureid=619561&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL] [URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=27989&pictureid=619563&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL] [URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=27989&pictureid=747593&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL]

killer resin!!!! OMG!

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
killer resin!!!! OMG!

Ya bro the most sticky property stuff i know, really dense, that's also what explains its mold fragility out of its motherland! For comparison same high resin level and density with the Mazar but its property is oily very different! ;) Anyway mold ex situ issue for both... :D

Thanks Maha Kala for the reopening pass, thank you Gypsy, almost 10 years old thread closed wow time flies, i never understood its closure btw, thank you again!

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
The standard interpretation after the Human Genome Project is that:

a) The Bushmen/San have the oldest Y-chromosome haplogroup of all living humans, Haplogroup A.

b) The Spencer Wells (Genographic Project) interpretation is that the Bushmen are the oldest population group, that their universal features (Black, Asian, European) are the source of most variability today, and that this is because are closest to the original Homo Sapiens population that left Africa an archaeologically short 60,000 years ago.

Homo Sapiens has been around for 200,000 years, and apparently didn't interbreed with other contemporanious homonids.

It is clear that it is genetic diversity that is the key to adaptability to many different environments in a generalist species like Homo Sapiens.

Remember that racism and scientific racism depend on the Multi-Regional Theory of human evolution, in other words, modern humans arising out of long separated and highly genetically differentiated populations of homonids (Homo Erectus in Africa, Homo Neanderthalensis in Europe, etc.). The Genographic Project drove a stake through the heart of all that.

Merci TanzanianMagic, great input! Any news about an Austronesians study i wonder?

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Ya bro the most sticky property stuff i know, really dense, that's also what explains its mold fragility out of its motherland! For comparison same high resin level and density with the Mazar but its property is oily very different! ;)

Thanks Maha Kala for the reopening pass, thank you Gypsy, almost 10 years old thread closed wow time flies, i never understood its closure btw, thank you again!

you are welcomed, it gives sense with mold susceptibility if it is not grown in coastal areas, but inland.. I imagine it is very dry climate there? am I right? generally all ganja plants like more dry condition than humid climate.. unfortunately Europe has very humid places :D

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
yeah last pic shows that humidity doesn't have chance there.. maybe to cross it with lesotho or durban, which are more mold resistant, to make it more grow able here? by the way where are Lesotho sativas? found little info on it:
"– Mokhotlong: the eastern sector of this mountainous district (a zone stretching east and south from the Moremoholo River Valley, and including the district capital, Mokhotlong) is part of a region known for its high-quality marijuana ("first grade"). This region also covers parts of Thaba-Tseka and Qacha’s Neck districts (see below). The top-grade marijuana is shipped to Durban in South Africa, where it is probably marketed and exported under the name "Durban Poison" (notably to the Netherlands). The western sector of Mokhotlong district yields marijuana of lesser quality.

– Thaba-Tseka: whereas the mountainous western sector produces "second-" and "third-grade" cannabis, the equally mountainous south and east belong to the "first grade" production zone mentioned above.

– Qacha’s Neck: This basically mountainous district belongs almost entirely to—indeed, is the heart of—the 1st Grade cannabis region. The mountains to the west, however, apparently produce 2nd and 3rd grade quality. It must be noted that the names "first grade", "second grade" and "third grade" are those used by the Basotho themselves in order to describe the level of potency that they perceive in the various streams of cannabis grown in Lesotho."

troutman

Seed Whore
^^^ Just another company living off of hype. People would hope they are growing pure African Sativas.
Doesn't look like that to me. It's the same with commercial grow ops in Colombia, Jamaica, etc. growing
modern day hybrids. If I went on an African safari I want to see wild animals. Not visit a zoo.

They are even using grow lights. What's wrong with African sunlight? :biggrin:

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
yeah last pic shows that humidity doesn't have chance there.. maybe to cross it with lesotho or durban, which are more mold resistant, to make it more grow able here? by the way where are Lesotho sativas? found little info on it:

Interesting mountainous growings and grade level quality...

Well i think that we can resume Lesotho, Kwazulu and Swazi as a same South African family and quality. Then separated by the British wave.

For the Swazi, Eswatini now, there is also a kind of grade level with the Red and Gold lines, and i would name a third one Swazi Black according its superior potent and dark taste, metallic gunpowder earthy, true poison vibes!

For sure Maha farmers there need force to preserve their landrace gem, not easy so, let's be positive and wish them roots vibes and respect!

Latest posts

Latest posts