What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Smoked Salmon :)

Yo Peeps

See everyone seems to love their smoked meats in this section so was wondering....

Any smoked salmon fans??

I LOVE smoked salmon :jump: I can have it plain , on brown bread with cream cheese and rocket with a dash of lemon and black pepper, I make a pasta with cream sauce and dill , I have it in salads ... Heck I could even drape my lamp shades in it for easy access if it would keep :)

Anyone with me ?? :tiphat:

ICETOKER

Sharing Is Caring!
Veteran
Hell yeah bro!!!! Smoked salmon, trout, halibut... you name it!!!!

And smoked shrimps i tasted the other day.... yummy what a treat!!!

peace

icetoker

mosstrooper

Smoked_Fish_-_geograph.org.uk_-_910644.jpg

Smoked mackrel,, mmmmm.

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
Hell yeah some Smoked Salmon.

Everything Bagel, Onion, Egg, Capers, and some Cream Cheese... mmmmmmm.

STUPPA

I'm with you i bloody love smoke salmon :) on it's own is good or if you put some on your eggs it really adds a smokiness to them it's lovely.

normally i will just put a bit of lemon juice on with a little bit of paprika and maybe dill and just have it on some bread ,forget the main meal lets just have a whole smoked salmon instead mmmmmmmm ;)

ICETOKER

Sharing Is Caring!
Veteran
verything Bagel, Onion, Egg, Capers, and some Cream Cheese... mmmmmmm
.... OooOoooouuuhhh yeah man!! Im getting some smoked salmon next weekend..... or even better. Make my own!!! Anyone have great recipes on brine/ dry salting, type of wood please chip in.

p.s. i got munchies before i came here but now im going to smash the fridge door in and go nuts...... god damnít no smoked salmon!!!

happy munching

icetoker

jews and lox

jews and lox

there's more than one way to get your fingers smelling like fish in NY

picture.php

geopolitical

Vladimir Demikhov Fanboy
Veteran
We're on the tail end of a salmon run here so we end up packing the freezer full every summer/fall.

Try cherrywood if you haven't smoked with it before. It's made marginal pinks quite edible.

E

Eatatjoes

I've got a tip for the salmon smokers here, try mixing brown sugar with a little water until you get a bbq sauce like consistency. Then baste some of that onto the salmon after it has smoked for a couple hours, make sure the brown sugar sauce is at room temp or warmer so the meat doesn't cool down. We call this the "bubonic salmon". It will come out glazed with goodness. I love smoked salmon both savory and sweet, bagels with cream cheese and salmon or ritz crackers with cream cheese and hot sauce are my favorites. :yummy:

SKAGITMAGIC

smoked salmon

smoked salmon

I live on puget sound and smoke a few salmon every year. I like to mash it up with mayo and some parmasan cheese, some garlic etc. and make a dip or spread. Hail to the little Chief. Have you tried smoked sturgeon, I'm allowed 5 fish a year, The're a kick to catch, and so good eating ,I've darkened the face to protect the innocent!!

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 15

buddah

Life is one big grow........
Veteran
our trout season starts on friday - cant wait to smoke my first one and of course to eat it then!!

and i love to bating, too

I think some recipes for smoked salmon would be much appreciated?

I am also struggling with the smoked chicken in the country that I have moved to. I think it is hard and dry.... I would love a recipe for doing smoked chicken breasts too :)

Hovz

Caught a nice big silver out in the ocean last week, we smoked a nice peice of it, i got a little portable smoker that works good. I love salmon most every way. I used to eat a lot of smoked sturgeon before it became a pain in the ass to get. I remember when i ate green sturgeon smoked before in sticks that tasted by far the best fish i've had. Now they're endangered, prolly never taste it again. White sturgeon is good ,just isnt as tasty.

Im with ya Mickey....id love to be able to smoke salmon at home....as of now i just marinade & grill my salmon filets....still killer on the grill, but id love to buy a smoker this summer :)

a lil bourban marinated salmon on the grill

doublejj

Veteran
Smoked salmon yeah!

Smoked salmon yeah!

Man, I love smoked salmon!

Now that Calif actually has a salmon season this year, I'm watching the fish reports daily. As soon as the summer run starts, I'm hitting them hard! I'll be posting some pic's from my 'Little Chief' smoker!

peace
doublejj

Attachments

• fish11.jpg
    fish11.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 17

doublejj

Veteran
Fresh Smoked!

Fresh Smoked!

Here it is, fresh smoked salmon. I just took this picture as I opened the smoker, Oh My!

You should smell my kitchen now. I'll be getting the vacume sealer out in a few minutes

Yum Yum

peace
doublejj

attachment.php

Attachments

• I glued the part i cut off to the water catch pan to create a bowl for feeding
    I glued the part i cut off to the water catch pan to create a bowl for feeding
    70.6 KB · Views: 31

NOTB

that looks soooo good, i caught 2 silvers at ship creek here in the ak but i did'nt smoke em.....smoked salmon is the best delicacy...FISH ON MAN.

NOTB

my uncle's place can be smell'd 2 block's away as he's can'n mass salmon....i love can'd salmon man.

Latest posts

Latest posts