What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NYCD origin other than Soma?

daheadies

poppin' outta control
Hello everybody,
I am working with this Blue Diesel strain:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=204679
The original breeder of the blue diesel told me that the diesel used was not Soma's and was a clone that involved chemdog bringing his stuff to NY??

Does anyone have any idea if there is another NYCD other than soma's? In particular one maybe involving chemdog?

I saw this post on SOMA NYCD thread going around right now:

ecsd@75

picture.php

the nycd 2001 is a cousin to the sour, sharing structure, flowering time and some of the flavor

todays nycd isnt the same from what i understand...

peace homies !!

Any idea how NYCD is a cousin of SD? Is there any other NYCD other than 2001 and Soma? what came first?

Any info about the real NYCD is appreciated

buddah

Life is one big grow........
Veteran
NYCD was made from a bagseed..probably a SourDiesel or Diesle bagseed!!

the one you speak about is may the Diesel?? not the NYCD

mrheadie

dah, the clone only that your reffering to, i think is the ecsd clone that is an offspring of the chemdog genetics. allot of times people confuse somas nycd with sd and ecsd which are all different strains that are from the same genepool. like iron mentioned, soma worked withj a bagseed he found in nyc which at that time was most likely original sour diesel. i was looking for the ecsd clone for years before i finally found the real deal last year. hope this helps, if not i can direct you to some more info on the subject.
peace,
headie

daheadies

poppin' outta control
thanks everyone! Im going to have another talk w/ the orig breeder and see if he has any more to say on the subject..
If anyone has any other bits of info, please share, and again thanks mrheadie, buddah and iron lion

I

Iron_Lion

thanks everyone! Im going to have another talk w/ the orig breeder and see if he has any more to say on the subject..
If anyone has any other bits of info, please share, and again thanks mrheadie, buddah and iron lion

Rez is the guy you want to talk to on this subject, he has done years worth of work with the Sour Diesel and NYCD lines, and he even knows how the 2 combine and specific traits of each.

I know there was a thread about this, I will see if I can find it. Im no expert on the subject but I do find the lore behind the diesel strains most intriguing.

I will see if I can find that link

ecsd is the clone only.it came from the chemdog line.
nycd is the bag seed line that soma did the breeding on.
sour diesel v3 and sour diesel ibl are both variations on the ecsd bread by rez.
Alot and I mean alot of people call the ecsd nycd.easily confused cause both orginated on the east coast but the ecsd is the one that came from a chemdog cross.

now these days the ecsd clone and the sd ibl are pretty much identicle cause Rez worked hi ass off on it.The sdv3 is also pretty damn close but has a bit more variation.

the nycd may or may not be related to the ecsd.In any event they are all outstanding herb.

hope this is of some help.

ocean_grown

I read that NYCD has Chemdawg in it somewhere. This would make it related to ECSD unless I am mistaken? I dunno, who cares all danky.

G

Graham Purwatt

possibly the daywrecker/underdawg? it's the original diesel(mss x nl x chem 91),what the original ecsd clone came from(ecsd is:dnl(shiva x nl?) x underdawg diesel).it was held pretty close by chemdog(or so i've heard) and to this day is a hard cut to source though it is out there.pure diesel flavor and a killer buzz and true breeding for the diesel flavor from what i've heard.from what you say the breeder told you i'd put my money on that one being the momma.i have wanted that clone badly for a few years now,still hasn't came around my way:cry:soma's nycd is supposedly from some seeds a guy gave him and told him it was the best weed he'd ever smoked or so the seed desription used to read

I loved that description."he had dreads down to his knees so I believed him." Any way I have the clone. I recently scored a pk. of sdibl. And I ran the Nycd which was actually just so/so except for one pheno That had the sweetest grapefruit taste but the yeild was small.Any way I wish I would have kept that grapefruit pheno small yeild or not she's the one that got away.

ECSD

picture.php

picture.php

G

Graham Purwatt

lol,down to the ground,always a good reason to believe someone.if you can get the original diesel you have some awesome connects to be sure.nice looking ecsd sub

thanks man.love her to death.yea I've been lucky and made a few good friends.Plus I'm on the east coast.not that that means anything but somehow I think it makes it a little easier to find.

thank you for this thread. sour is my passion and purpose in life

thank you for this thread. sour is my passion and purpose in life

my fine sours, all cousins that hang limp from a weak branch on the sour family tree

soma nycd, seeds purchased in A'dam 2001, cloned by my crew since '03, i love her so much, i wanna shake her like a baby

picture.php

rez chem double d, 1st release, purchased by me at the bou bou. sublime marijuana with champion bloodlines, and a delight to all of the senses. thanks R-dog!

picture.php

ecsd clone only, placed in my care by a passionate marijuanist, she remains in my stable for eternity till death do us part

picture.php

i've done some closet molesting, and coaxed some hermi, till i can get my tweezers on a little nanner. every half breed created by me has been full sour, it dominates the weak. alas nothing compares to the original, my knockoffs are merely that.

stay peace homies...

Latest posts

Latest posts