What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cyber-Bullying.....

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We were 15 below last night, but its the coldest we had this year. I wouldn't mind spring right now. The cabin fever kicked in, lol.....Good luck with the grows. I'll be starting clones in a month or so

Oldjoints

May mother nature be good to you.

I'll be putting out some sativa's in about a month or two.............no more stressing about finishing by the end of sept/early oct with mold resistant early finishing strains.............. :canabis:

im out for this night...........Peace

Last edited:

RED145

Yeah,but you'll be stressin about those 98 degree days ya got comin!!LOL,its always stress about sumtin when yer in love with Mary!!
I feel ya JJ...I'm right here with ya,its almost hard to breath it's so cold,why twice yesterday I almost dropped walkin to the woodshed!!Fricken Cold!!

Lord Doobie

I would like to add:

Harrassment also comes in emails filled with viruses...usually in the hidden .exe form or in attachments. This is particularly bad if you've set Outlook Express' preview pane to auto start...automatically opening the email upon starting the client. Using anti-virus protection such as AVG helps in filtering this.

After finding a niche and creating a unique site, I've been receiving strange emails for several years. I did some research and found most bullys tire of this after 6 months so I guess I'm being harrassed by a real psycho.

I just saw on the tube where some teen hung himself after being cyber-bullied...I believe anytime communicating can be done anonamously, it's a fertile environment for bullying.

Sites on cyber-bullying are popping up all over with one common thread. Do not respond to said bullying because it's what the bully lives for. Most bulletin board software has an ignore button so the bully's posts will not display.

lol this topic itself makes me laugh. i think people who take too much offense from random people need to lighten up a little bit.

V

Verger OG

No, I think civilized people are entitled to expect a certain degree of mutual respect. What you propose is that we all cave in to crudeness and fatalism and cynicism. That we should just take it on the chin and not think a thing about it. Let ourselves be beaten up.

That reminds me of the cartoon in a Robocop film. A kid in the schoolyard gets beaten up and gets blamed for not using a steroid product that would pump him so he doesn't have to be afraid. In short, blame the victim.

It is a choice we make. We can bolster ourselves, build in our sensitivity, our soul in a castle, man the walls and attack everyone on sight knowing they should get over our attacks. I find that a negative way to behave as a way of dealing with other human beings. Or we can choose to respect each other and make an effort to be civil.

U

ureapwhatusow

icmag is the largest and most diverse international canna-community on the web

it appears that the powers that be are putting great effort to evolve and appease the masses for a total cost of $0.00 dollars to members

maybe we should all contribute our best efforts at making this place a decent one

most threads that are bullying contain rounds of trash talk that build up into a frenzy

takes 2 to tango

just my 2 cents

whiterabbit9

Veteran
i had to deal with bullying at school (2 high schools)

I still deal with it today, in a different form

I've also had to deal with it from parents, agressiveness, and total bring downs

this is the life man.

but I am happy someone takes the time to deffend people... even if it is just cyber...

ColdFlo

I dont think flaming should even be labeled unless the person is a habitual instigator. I chalk that up to people being lazy and not caring about anyone else so they just say stop flaming instead of figuring out who is right or wrong or the jerk or the protagonist (like anyone could tell). The rest of those bullets I have never seen a forum care about. As for bullying as an adult most of those come from the top down in the "system" don't they thats why no one can tell who is right or wrong anymore because all the aholes make all the money and everyone has to work for them and take their stuff warping their moralities to the point they cant discern right from wrong and the flame label is born. One argument is always right and one is always wrong but when you have no moral compass its impossible to tell anything you just think he thinks that way i think this way it doesnt really matter what anyone thinks that is a direct symptom that your morals have been obliterated. Its not enough for a good person to just stop fights he must support the moral position this is something that has been "lost" in modern society.

BellyDanceNBuds

I just think that it's so sad when people have to become hostile. One guy tried to act like I had a problem because I made a post saying I thought it was sad that they were all fighting over caring about AB390 and 215, etc. (really ridiculous), that many of them were incorrect on their facts, AND that I had basically found nothing of use because most of the posts seemed to be just personal attacks. He implied that I'm not of any caliber as a reporter because I found no use from his negative posts, displaying an arrogant attitude. I'm not bothered by that because I get great reviews on each of my stories and realize so many people make assumptions about what a reporter is looking for when that person is working on a story. I just think the attitude is sad and displays a lack of maturity, and the only other thing that bothers me more than that are fake poser people and bigots. I hate trolls.

My 17 yr old son just got arrested for ' cyberstalking' because he emailed an old girlfriend that had told him to go away...her mom called the cops and away he went. In this day and age the laws give victims a way to get those who would harrass someone, either online or otherwise. If you are so passionate about someone elses reactions and whatever, take a deep look at yourself and ask why you get so angry over nonsense that has no real importance in life.

And recall that you can get hooked up if you go too far.

rollthediceagn

When it comes to bashing someone or seeking some kind of sick revenge on another soul that is when the line has been tugged beyond "normalcy". In mho anyone that would use a keyboard and monitor to seek and inflict their revenge is an absolute coward and liar. That means they themselves have to try and get to sleep with that on their minds and in their hearts.

rollthediceagn

Absolutely noone should come to a site like this seeking revenge. This isn't the place for that. We are all here on Peaceful Helping missions I would certainly hope.
dice

Hughesy

Yes He who is without Sin be the First to Cast the Stone.

Fact is Some People know how to really Piss you off. Now i dont know how you take that but turning the other cheek is Not always easy.

The Only thing worse then a Coward is a Thief.

HighTech

Every time ive -K'd someone it was returned with a multitude viscous personal attacks, the last one today.

Each time i had a reasonable identifiable objection to the post. I dont know what the -k is there for honestly....

indickahead

I dont care what anyone says cannabis growers are by far the coolest people....Mannerly, helpful, funny...Its all good...Im proud you guys are able to call a spade a spade and learn and go forward...I am new but happy to be onboard...

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran

Recently Cyberbullying has been a topic between friends and I.

IMHO the reason is a often sick society on one side and on the other one the rather weak ones who have not learned how to handle a bully/bullying.

To me if it's just words and/or written stuff - forget it.

If they hit you - defend yourself. (you taught your kids how to, right?)

If it's a more graphic form of Cyberbullying (such as digitally edited pictures) - this happens rather seldom within kids/teens. And if it does the ones doing the bullying prey on the victims vulnerability - don't be vulnerable!

I know the next thing is gonna piss off some but to me today's cyberbullying mostly is a product of negligence from the parents side.

When I was a kid there were not computers but there were other forms of bullying instead.
The deal was if someone bullied you you met @ 3pm @ the swing set on the playground.

These days mentally and emotionally strong kids know how to deal with any form of bullying - because they were taught how to do so.

Unfortunately nowadays many (not all!) parents see it as more important to let their kids get mentally corrupted by video games and TV and disciplining them is considered a form of abuse.

Done ranting.

anyone who has a life doesnt give a shit whats said online ...... no matter who they are or whats said i mean serious why would anyone give a shit really.... i know myself i could careless what ppl on the net say to me ... if they dont like me or i dont like them i use that lil button called ignore i dont waste mods time or admins time i just click ignore and never see another post/pm/or anything else from them again its that simple forums have this messengers have this networking sites have this USE IT on top of that i got a wife 4 kids 2 dogs 5 turtles 20 gerbils a nice roof over my head a car that gets me from point a to point b and i have money in my pockets to support us im set .... why would i let the net bring me down even better why would anyone let the net bring them down:moon:99.9% of the ppl on the net u will never meet or know ....get over it

Latest posts

Latest posts