What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Will be starting my FIRST Soil journey here ina few weeks little help?

So im going with a PREmade Super Soil near me in Ann Arbor called, "Kind Soil" anyone hear or have experience with this? I dont really have the space YET to make my own so this will have to do for now. I plan on only growing around 10 to start with.

I currently have 5 gallon pots, but was thinking about going down to 3 gallon? Any thoughts? I will be running 600watt HPS systems, with supplemental cheaper side LEDs for the side's to add some light.

Any thoughts/insights would be helpful thanks. -The Kind soil website states to only let the plants veg for 2months in 3 gallon, and 2.5 months for 5 gallon. I ran 5gallon pots last grow with coco and let them veg for 5 weeks and they were tall, but not much root mass. so i was thinking why not go to 3?

h.h.

Veteran
I don't know "Kind" soil. It does sound like they're telling you the average life span of their included nutrients. I found that with such soils, I had to use suppliants anyway.

Pot size is a personal choice. The bigger the better til you have to move them. Then how long do you want to veg? How big a plant do you want and how fast a turnover?

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks like they just copied one of any mixes off this site and bagged it as their own, to be honest. Click the link in my signature and you'll see what I mean.

dank.Frank

yeah i know im going to pay for them to copy a recipe off someone, im not worried about that because as i said i have no room/time right now to let the mix cook... as for h.h you had to still use nutes? I was hoping to not have to use anything else?

h.h.

Veteran
yeah i know im going to pay for them to copy a recipe off someone, im not worried about that because as i said i have no room/time right now to let the mix cook... as for h.h you had to still use nutes? I was hoping to not have to use anything else?

Thats back when using some of the popular commercial brands. If your soil is a copy, there should be notes.