What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chem/Diesel/OG/Blueberry crosses

TheBlaze

UPDATE

Purple envy at 17 days of 12/12

She is massive! I hope my new feeding schedule will equal bigger yields. My goal is 150g dry from her.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

TheBlaze

Harvest Update

Dnet #1 - Taken at 70 days of 12/12

This is the pheno I have in rotation now. I was considering revegging the Dansbuds cut, but I just don't have the space or the time. Veg tent is packed to the rafters and I have another rounds of spider mites to deal with. I caught them early this time though.

I am definitely not disappointed this turned out to be my keeper. Decent yield of some very stanky bud. It smells of pure chem skunk funk. Zapadra says it smells just like glue. I've smelt this before. White Rhino from Nirvana had a similar smell. As well as some chem crosses I've grown before.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:

TheBlaze

UPDATE

Purple Envy at 3 weeks of 12/12 as of yesterday when photos were taken.

This is what I was smoking last night.

picture.php

I attempted to do this update after smoking. It didn't work.

Anyway, on to the PE...

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

TheBlaze

The soil is a local product called Freedom Farms premium organic soil. We don't have much here, although it's getting better. This soil is pretty good. A little heavy on the nitrogen.

Here is what I use with the soil:

- Humic and fulvic acid
- Em-prosoil (beneficial microbes)
- Kelpak
- Biobizz grow and bloom (bottled organic nutes)
- Molasses
- Epsom salts

When the plant went 3 weeks in 12/12 (when the pics were taken), I switched to synth nutes. For now that is just Ionic Bloom for coco. In about 3 weeks, I will add GH flora bloom as a PK booster as well. Once I switch to the synth nutes, I also start using calmag. (calcium and magnesium nitrate)

TheBlaze

No, not at all. In fact, I get less problems when I just stick to straight organics start to finish. The problem is yield. I used to grow in coco with salt nutrient for years. I did very well with this method. Then after about 3 years of almost flawless grows, I started getting massive problems. I tried everything to fix it, but nothing seemed to help. Eventually I narrowed it down to the local nutes I was using. As mentioned, here in South Africa, we are quite limited with nutrients. Both organic and chem. At the time, I didn't have a viable chemical alternate to what I was using, so I made the switch to organics. I enjoyed the new approach to growing, but yields suffered by about 40%. So now I'm trying something a little different. Organic all through veg, and the first 3 weeks of 12/12. Then switching out to synths in the hopes of getting the best of both worlds.

EvergreenState

Is this the first time you've grown with this style and do you find it's working out as you had hoped? How long do you normally veg.? I found, with organic grows, I had to veg. seedlings for 60 days to get good yields.

TheBlaze

Sort of. I starting experimenting with this on the last round of girls. This round is the first time I'm taking it seriously though. I'm actually taking notes for the first time since I started growing. ;)

BTW, Ionic works amazingly with soil. Even a heavier soil, like the freedom farms soil I'm using. Only issue with Ionic, is that it looks like it was designed to help punt their bloom booster. That's why I add some GH flora bloom later in 12/12 to give it some extra PK. I will be bumping up calcium and magnesium as well this round.

EvergreenState

Good luck with your plan; I hope it works for you. One other thing that helps to get big yields from organic grows is large pots, 10 gallons or larger.

TheBlaze

Thanks for the tip. I was using 10 gal pots, but now I've switched to 5. Although the big purple envy is in a 10, as she was a mother.

Latest posts

Latest posts