What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RubeGoldberg's 2 room showdown! 6x750DE VS 4x315LEC & 4x600HPS

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
I have had good luck

I have had good luck

I have done a few mixes and I like having the cmh. The cmh improves quality in my rooms. I have a few of the air cooled 630 I hope to fire up soon. Nice work, thanks for sharing.

Miraculous Meds

just comparing the best room from last run to how it looks this run..

night and day difference.... Im really curious to see what the weight difference is this time.

View Image

Wow, it looks like 50% more tops. Im thinking 30% gain! I think im about to try a mixed bulb run next. Im liking the performance of just cmh too though.

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
Wow, it looks like 50% more tops. Im thinking 30% gain! I think im about to try a mixed bulb run next. Im liking the performance of just cmh too though.

Yeah, im thinking of pairing the new hortilux CMH bulbs with some chinese knockoffs of the sunsystem fixture that I've heard perform well.

come summer time, im gonna need to cool things down and im thinking CMH will be cost effective even with the cost of new gear.

i'm seeing lots of other growers in my area switching to 100% cmh mixing the 2 spectrum bulbs the way im staggering with 600w HPS now..

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
Cmon dont leave me wanting more wheres the update?

sorry for the lack of update!
been down in Colombia setting up a licensed greenhouse, will hopefully be able to post pics of that soon.

as far as my rooms go. I'm still on the fence about CHPS technology.

however some news! I love CMH's so much that the double ended room is now a mix of the new hortilux CMH's with single ended HPS staggered in.

r1UIne7.jpg

per 1000w of lighting drawn from the wall, I'm hitting over 3 lbs.
which is a grams per watt ratio that i'm very happy with.

especially since these are fairly low tech rooms as far as medium/environment.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You went to Columbia and didn't take peetchurs for us less wordly growers?

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
Time for another thread again soon I think!

Because I work in the hydro equipment industry, I decided it was finally time to go down the LED rabbithole (I ignored it for awhile, since up until recently, LEDs weren't viable for commercial growing in spite of what tent growers would argue to death)

But now that LEDs are the cat's pyjamas, i decided to educate myself. What I found was that, all the big name brands are pretty much hobbling together OEM parts, putting a fancy bow on it and selling them for high prices (which aren't necessarily a ripoff, since manufacturing aint free)

Anyhow, with my new fangled knowledge, I decided to try an LED build (based on a schematic from ledgardener.com) Will hopefully have the energy to start a thread with results, as I plan on building an entire LED room, perhaps on stacking shelving!

7DKPOi8.jpg

S3F4P0g.png

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ah very cool. You had an armed guard? Epic

Glad to see ya around again. You'll be happy to know in the interim I finally watched Dr. Strangelove.

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
Ah very cool. You had an armed guard? Epic

Glad to see ya around again. You'll be happy to know in the interim I finally watched Dr. Strangelove.

there is a link to a small album right above the pic.

that guy wasn't an armed guard, he was some lil 5 foot tall soldier down in the Amazon, lots of soldiers down in that border region with Brazil and Peru.

And glad to hear you watched dr strangelove!! we'll all be hiding down in a mine shaft when the world goes tits up, i figure our skills as growers will make us useful running underground farms.