What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bitcoin Talk

S

sourpuss

Bitcoin gold looks good to me.. bought at 228 usd. Dont trust my calls but have a look... if bitcoin dies whos next up to take its place?

G

ganjygav

Ganjagav we just had the all time high for bitcoin in december. Coin market is shaky. Makin money on shorts not long....

Although bitcoin looks to be at a low now so invest wisely... seems to be is what the big fish want u to think tho.... it all about the mind fuck...

Me and my cousin are gonna put a small amount in each and buy together. I've said to him we will wait until end of next month to invest.
That way I've got to time to know what is what.
I'm checking prices and news at least twice a day.
Plus I've been taking note of what you guys here are saying.
It's becoming a fascination and I ain't put a penny in yet.

S

sourpuss

Me and my cousin are gonna put a small amount in each and buy together. I've said to him we will wait until end of next month to invest.
That way I've got to time to know what is what.
I'm checking prices and news at least twice a day.
Plus I've been taking note of what you guys here are saying.
It's becoming a fascination and I ain't put a penny in yet.

Stock market on steriods.. you and the rest of the world are taking notice.

If i was entering coins now Id be keen on privacy coins like was mentioned. Also the small newer coins with a good team and a real smart idea. Bitshares was mentioned. A great coin. And idea. At a decent price too. If you look at the bitfinex link you will understand why bitshares is such a great idea. Not invested in bitshares currently. Shoulda bought it at 20 cents lol...

S

sourpuss

I see the little guys like us getting smoked by the big fish right now in bitcoin... charts dont lie... little fish push up the price... big fish smash your dreams.... but little fish dont learn cause theres new suckers born everyday....

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
That’s true, but I was curious ‘how’ you think they’ll drive the price down?
You don't trade, do you?
I've been on the crypto exchanges for years and the manipulation of coin prices has been ridiculous. How? FUD campaigns and trade manipulation. Seriously, the entire crypto community is only around $200B. That's a super tiny market for the wealthy crowd of wall street.

Watch and see.

Binance? LOL I've never touched them and they're now acting like a lot of exchanges and poker sites which have gone dark.

zif

Veteran
You don't trade, do you?
I've been on the crypto exchanges for years and the manipulation of coin prices has been ridiculous. How? FUD campaigns and trade manipulation. Seriously, the entire crypto community is only around $200B. That's a super tiny market for the wealthy crowd of wall street.

Watch and see.

Binance? LOL I've never touched them and they're now acting like a lot of exchanges and poker sites which have gone dark.

I’ve only been active in digital currencies since Grabbe’s DMT was the only option.

It’s useful to have a clear idea of how such manipulation can occur, if you want to act on it. You said futures trading would sink the price. I asked how. Out of sincere interest in your ideas.

I agree, with time, we’ll all see.

G

ganjygav

Binance isn't taking new registrations, too much demand for their system.
I brought some litecoin only £10 worth with the aim of moving it and buying a smaller cheaper currency. I was looking at bitcoin shares. But like I say can't register. I looked at kucoin but I didnt like the layout of the site.

Where else can I transfer my litecoin to buy other currencies please? I'm not trusting Google results at moment.

Douglas.Curtis

Doug. Why not Binance? They are going dark how?

Binance is my favorite exchange, and does major volume........
Go read up on it. Increasing frequency of people reporting being unable to withdraw funds. I've been hearing murmurs about it for some time now, and they're just getting louder.

Again, I've lost money on private controlled exchanges before, and more than once. Use your own wallets, preferably creating offline wallets and transferring the majority of your holdings to them. Use decentralized exchanges for trading, when possible. Use private/centralized exchanges for picking up new coins when you have to.

Things are going to get crazy. I mean REALLY crazy. Better to be safe than sorry.
:tiphat:

S

sourpuss

Damn shoulda pick the cash over gold lol... more obvious to be the new bitcoin... chances r cash will win but i do like the idea of decentralizing the mining with bitcoin gold. Bitcoin is controlled by the few huge mining companies.

Also eos is looking to compete with ethereum... if you can grab that at a good price might be a good one... have a look at their token distribution still going on now... eos claims to be the modern day pc running linux vs ethereum being a commodore 64. Anyone can claim anything. Can they produce the goods tho...

Chappi

EOS sounds good but their voting system seems sketch. Ether moving from proof of work to proof of stake might mess things up.

G

ganjygav

Can any of you guys help me please lol.
I thought I would have a little practice. I put £10 into litecoin on coin base. Then I planned to move it to binance but they have stopped new registrations for now.
So I moved the litecoin to kucoin, now it's in kucoin I have no idea what to do with it.
Anyone here use kucoin exchange? Is it possible to buy other currencies with my litecoin or what do I have to do to buy the other currencies?

Edit: its cool, found my way around. I had to exchange my litecoin for bitcoin. I now own some EOS.

Douglas.Curtis

Make sure you move your EOS to a private wallet by June. They haven't released the software yet, but I believe (don't quote me) any non-wallet coins will be rendered useless (burned) at that time.

Binance stopped new registrations. Gee, how odd. (typical of a site having issues and about to go dark) I'd pull every asset off binance asap.

G

ganjygav

Make sure you move your EOS to a private wallet by June. They haven't released the software yet, but I believe (don't quote me) any non-wallet coins will be rendered useless (burned) at that time.

Binance stopped new registrations. Gee, how odd. (typical of a site having issues and about to go dark) I'd pull every asset off binance asap.

Ah thanks for that. I wondered what the June talk was. I think I will hold onto to it until I can get at least my money back then buy a different coin. I'm having fun with this £10 lol. I can't wait to buy something more substantial next month.
I manged to get registered on binance this morning. Apparently they are gonna open register to a set amount of new users everyday and close again when that number is met.
Ive learnt how to use the kucoin exchange now so sticking here for the time being.

EasyGoing

So what's up with the whole wallet thing. I just leave all my monies on the exchanges. Should I buy a Nano ledger or what's the deal? Does a nano hold all coins, or just BTC?

theJointedOne

Veteran
i set up a ltc wallet, any ltc donations appreciated :)
LfLtA6g8mEkxgBzVSCxf2pYxB2xVq5Rket
not sure why there is a space right above between the 5 and the R but its all one full line of text no spaces

Easy going yea setup offline wallet is best bet, either digital or paper wallets. https://bitcoinpaperwallet.com/#purchase

calisun

So what's up with the whole wallet thing. I just leave all my monies on the exchanges. Should I buy a Nano ledger or what's the deal? Does a nano hold all coins, or just BTC?

Ledger nano s has about 30 companion apps for most the bigger cyber currencies. Tezor doesn't have as many but has the big ones. I just use them for btc, eth and xrp mainly for the bulk. I leave a little money in the exchanges to trade with. If you buy one buy it from their official website. Don't buy or trust the ones sold on amazon and ebay.
Those are the safest wallets I have found.
@joint I'll look into the paper wallet. I haven't seen those before. Thanks