What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Brothers Grimm C99 and 630w CMH, in dwc!!!

What are you using for the pictures, a phone or a camera? She is looking good, each time I look at your posts I'm thinking about the switch from soil/coco to Aero.

The camera used is the one in my Samsung s8 active. This phone takes some amazing pictures in my opinion. Dwc bubble buckets are phenomenal. I've had a lot of success with dwc. Hell a couple buddies that run dirt got real interested in hydro when they saw how vigorous dialed in hydro is. I helped set up 2 friends with bubble buckets. One of them had a hell of a time trying to run 1 plant in dwc beside his dirt plants. Problem was the Dwc plant grew twice as fast as his dirt ones. He had to do some bush whacking to give the dirt plants Time to catch up before going into bloom. I think he got somewhere around 6 oz of the Dwc plant which was a clone of tangerine kush I gave him.

So about upcoming crosses.. if I get a decent looking male of copper chem, I'll be knocking up hulk smash #10, Orange glue #2, and the best looking copper chem female. Other cross related news is the hs4 crosses are doing well. Most of those cross seedlings are quite vigorous. Also the hs4 cut that hermied and gave up the pollen, well she got cloned. She is 6 weeks into bloom and no nanners or balls. She has the structure of an og and is as dense as hulk smash #6 was. She has a funky lime smell to her.

Next method I want to experiment is a either a ppk or drip to waste setup. I plan on running a plant or 2 outdoors or in the green house this spring. Aero is also an option in the greenhouse, but I'll try that with strawberries first.

Pictures of hulk smash #4 end of week 5 of bloom

picture.php

picture.php

G

I understand your use of Orange Hulk, but Hulk is green dude plus the buds might be mostly green.

FrozenFire: Purple Hulk & Chemical (from the Chem) Hulk sound like they could be great crosses.
Its just a play on word using the orange glue/hulk smash cross potential. Hyperbole is another term. I figured that was pretty obvious.

Speaking of Orange glue and colors, they are making progress in the fade to purple and red. Here is how they are looking as of the first day of week 6.

Orange glue #1 in dwc: lots of resin, slightly fluffy bud structure. Very similar to last grow.
picture.php

Orange glue #2 in aeroponics: lots of resin, denser bud structure this time by a fair bit, not as much purple yet.
picture.php

The veg tent got my full attention tonight. It has been neglected and the clones decided to go wild in my absence. Clones were not touched, or resivour touched for 5 weeks. They drank 15 gallons of solution and went from an inch or 2 to 2' 6" tall. I have them in one of the 55g hdx totes from home depot. Since they will have at least 3 to 4 more weeks I had to do some things that will give me the needed veg time. Worth mentioning that I tried slowing down growth by setting up initial clone rez at 400 ppm. The plants took off anyhow. So I did some extreme topping and now average plant size is 6 to 8 inches tall. I also pruned the roots to a length of roughly 6 inches from the bottom of the net pots to the tips of the roots. I've cut roots to the bottom of net pots when dealing with root rot with zero issues. It's worth noting that this generally leads to crazy lateral root growth. We shall see how this works out. I've also upped the feed from 400ppm to my standard 800 ppm. The goal is to have multitopped plants about 12 to 18 inches for the next bloom cycle. The plant count will be coming down and I will be doing more of a scrog style set up. I've also got some plans to tinker with my aero setup a bit. So designs are being thought out. I may just cheat and get several height extensions. We shall see. Here's what they looked like before the carnage:
picture.php

picture.php

Nice roots, when are you gonna flip these to 12/12?

They have at least 3 weeks left of veg, as I'm waiting on the bloom tent to finish. I'm looking at staggering bloom cycles. I'll fill half the tent, wait 4 weeks and then start the other half of the tent. That will shorten the veg cycle and allow for monthly harvests.

So here is what the girls look like after I put away the hedge clippers.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Gonna try something different this time. I'll swap out the 630w cmh with a 200w Cree cob setup. The spectrum of the cob is 3500k. I'll post pics once I get it swapped out.

Those are looking lovely. I didn't realize clipping the roots will promote lateral growth, another benefit to exposed roots. How long have you vegged previously after doing this and how wide did things go in comparison over time short to long?

Well this is the first time I've cut health plant roots. Plants with root rot have about a week or so and new growth shows up. Second week they go crazy with new root growth. I'm expecting much the same with healthy plants. I have grown some pretty large root balls in dwc. Aeroponics seems to grow less root mass on average from what i am noticing. So far I'm now seeing healthy signs of new growth top side. The next trip through bloom will be fun. I've got a feeling it's gonna be another jungle. The current crop in bloom is getting fat and heavy. I'm getting way better density with the Orange glue #2 this time. She smells like Orange fruity pebbles at the moment. I've got a good feeling about the hulk smash × blue dream cross. The seedlings of that cross are rather vigorous and responded well to topping.

How's that working out for you? Any progress?

Well this is the first time I've cut health plant roots. Plants with root rot have about a week or so and new growth shows up. Second week they go crazy with new root growth. I'm expecting much the same with healthy plants. I have grown some pretty large root balls in dwc. Aeroponics seems to grow less root mass on average from what i am noticing. So far I'm now seeing healthy signs of new growth top side. The next trip through bloom will be fun. I've got a feeling it's gonna be another jungle. The current crop in bloom is getting fat and heavy. I'm getting way better density with the Orange glue #2 this time. She smells like Orange fruity pebbles at the moment. I've got a good feeling about the hulk smash × blue dream cross. The seedlings of that cross are rather vigorous and responded well to topping.

So far so good! Roots have exploded. Top side has slowed down. The 200w timber led cob light has the ladies happy and healthy. I have a feeling the led will help tame vertical growth just fine. Here is the results.

picture.php

Day 55 of bloom in aeroponics with c99 #3. All cloudy tricomes and a couple Amber's. She is chopped and hanging up. She did good this round
picture.php

So update on my little grow experiment on the other thread. I got the harvest weights in. The aero table finished up at 25oz under 700w of cmh lighting. It is the first time I broke the 1 gram per watt mark! The dwc side totaled 16.82oz under 700w cmh. A total of 41oz. Not a bad run in my book.

I've been pondering what the next grow method to play with is going to be for half the 5x9 tent. I thought really hard about soil and coco setups. Maybe I'll try them next time. I'll be putting together a DIY undercurrent setup! I got a plan and a bunch of PVC and a new pump. The plan is a 4 site setup with the same 18g rubbermaid totes I use for my normal dwc operation. The system will be plumbed to a 50g resivour that will also feed the aero table. One resivour will be super easy to manage. The side benefit of the undercurrent setup is I will be plumbing in a tee to the discharge side of the pump for resivour draining via a garden hose! Also the under current system will be able to be isolated with valves, as well as isolation valves at the pump for maintenance. Instead of using normal bulkhead fittings at the totes I will use shower drain fittings. They have mesh built in to help with roots. That was also part of the reason I wanted to use 18g totes instead of 5g buckets. That and the totes have the flat sides needed for the shower drains.

The reason for undercurrent is I've been itching to grow some monster plants again. Hulk smash #10, orange glue #2 and 4, and one other plant will be run.

Made a batch of hulk smash concentrates. I started with 6.5oz of trim and bud that was dried. I wound up with just 34g of some lovely golden amber. It came out my favorite consistency! It breaks nice when cold, is pliable when at room temp, and isn't ridiculously sticky. Its nose is all sweet fruit with a hint of fuel and perfume.

picture.php

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
FrozenFire said:
So far so good! Roots have exploded. Top side has slowed down. The 200w timber led cob light has the ladies happy and healthy. I have a feeling the led will help tame vertical growth just fine. Here is the results.

It does! Put them 6 inches maximum from the canopy, did you make pics of the exposed LED chips?

Mix in some 5000K and 6500K and you'll be amazed at the speed plants bulk up in veg: fastest and fattest stems I've seen.

Inch+ main stem, 1+ week bulking up in veg, quadruplied main stem girth.

picture.php

I've run same plant under HPS and then SILs on second run, in flower they develop smaller leaves, and dispose them on an airiest pattern, al perked up flat towards the light, kind of snowflake pattern when looking the canopy from the top. Great sinergy for horizontal canopy management techniques.

Kalichakra:
picture.php

Nep Jam
picture.php

Easy to get 1gpw used to flower if properly done (Blynx, Terpene...).

Wish I had a CMH for the comparison run I'm doing! (SILs vs HPS vs COB).

Lovely setup and amazing buds! 1400 CMH watts! :bigeye: :tiphat:

Last edited: