What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is your favourite way to smoke?

M

moose eater

That would be great, but I definitely am not going to go homeless again in hopes that some guy drives up and gifts me roaches lol

Regifting leftovers like that is a noble plan though. I wonder if some day we'll be sending our roaches to struggling people in the 3rd world.

I can almost hear my mother indignantly stating, as she did when we left food on our plates, "You know, children in India don't have enough weed to smoke, and here YOU are, throwing it away...!!!!"

"OK mom, I'll send my roaches to India..". (muttering as I walked away): "But I'm pretty sure they have enough to smoke there...":biggrin:

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
A heavy stainless steel teaspoon heated with a propane torch is my current favorite way to smoke. I have used several battery powered and one 110 v pipe for concentrate and the spoon outperforms them all.

All the goods are kept in a steel milkcrate in a cabinet. Open the door and pull the crate out two inches and good to go. A fire bottle is kept handy because sometimes I have mishaps when stoned.

The spoon is heated until glowing red and then allowed to cool until the red is hard to see. Three cleansing breaths put it at 850 degrees and the crystals are dropped in and the vapor sucked up with a bamboo tube.

Sometime a good tasting thick oil is available in which case a glob is scooped onto a steel stick and touched to the spoon. The oil goes all watery and disappears in a puff of smoke.

Anyhow, this is my favorite method so far this year, in years past it has been otherwise.

Attachments

• 80% THC crystals get dropped on hot spoon.jpg
    80% THC crystals get dropped on hot spoon.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 23
  • A chest high shelf slides out for easy access.jpg
    A chest high shelf slides out for easy access.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 26
  • Concentrate for photo, spoon is 850 degrees F in normal use.jpg
    Concentrate for photo, spoon is 850 degrees F in normal use.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 26
M

moose eater

^^^ Sounds distantly similar to hot-knifing hash decades ago in the Yukon Territory and B.C.

If you're doing concentrates, though the older style, LONG Pyrex oil pipes are harder to find, there are similar Pyrex glass pipes with a larger bulb/tear-drop or round shaped bowl, smaller hole into the top of the bowl than the old-school oil pipes, and a shorter, larger diameter stem, but otherwise very similar to old Pyrex oil pipes, but apparently used for smoking crank.

I've had a couple of them I've used for oil over the years. They don't bounce well when dropped, but I still have one in good shape. If you go to one of the more common, older smoke paraphernalia shops in The Banks, like Mr. Rock-n-Roll, for example, they may still have some of them in their inventory.

A pocket torch or standard Bic lighter works fine with them, in my experience. Whereas my dab rig practically requires a welder's torch :) Too damned cumbersome.

mexweed

Veteran
glass bong has been killing my throat and lungs lately so I've just been rolling joints with a pack of orange zig zags I found, way smoother, my bong is pretty big and I have a habit of trying to take the whole bowl in 1 rip, doesn't matter how good the weed is after a while I'm weezing a bit, and now isn't the time to be weezy lol

I remember I used to think joints used so much weed, but for the orange zig zags not really at all and they roll a lot better than the king sized hemp papers, I can wash my hands with moisturizing soap and have my fingertips like silk and still roll a zig zag, sometimes with the other papers I have to lick my fingertips a little bit for grip which will occasionally fuck up the glue prematurely

Im'One

i trued the flavor tobaco cone from zigzag. i like them because the burn so evenly but the tobacco is not kind to me the next day..if i smoke too much i get a slight headache the following day or a touch of asthma kicking in. but its fun for a change

X

xavier7995

Been using the thin zig zag that come in the shiny silver pack. Going to emerge from home today to get a few more packs as I ran out.

My daily is just a small glass chillum that is easy to clean out.

Sort of depends on the weed, I have a few jars of stuff that was kind of leafy, it isnt bad in a bowl or bong, but it shines in a joint and is what I call joint weed...not the most potent hit for hit but it has a high ceiling so puffing a doob gets you in a better spot.

Edit: really am liking the thin zigzags, I am coming to prefer them over raw or elements and they are quite a bit cheaper.