What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

OLCC Approves More than 760 Recreational Marijuana Licenses

R

Robrites

More than 9,000 Marijuana Worker Permits Approved

Portland, Oregon – The Oregon Liquor Control Commission has approved 762 recreational marijuana licenses through the first week of January 2017, fulfilling the commitment to start-up a regulated system by the end of 2016. The OLCC began accepting recreational marijuana license applications in January 2016 and issued the first licenses in May 2016.​
“Our staff has worked nonstop and with determination to get this industry licensed,” said Steve Marks, Executive Director of the OLCC. “Working after hours, working weekends, traveling long distances, this team has been flexible in getting this industry licensed, without compromising the trust placed in us to protect the public.”​
During the weeks leading up to the December 31st end of “early start” sales at Oregon Health Authority registered dispensaries, the OLCC received a surge in applications, especially for retail recreational marijuana licenses. In December alone the OLCC received an additional 175 applications for recreational marijuana licenses bringing the total to 1,907 applications received during 2016. Before licensing began the OLCC projected it would receive between 800 and 1200 applications during the first year of licensing.​
The OLCC has also approved 9,041 Marijuana Worker Permits out of 10,700 permit applications submitted to the agency.​
“The staff has done a wonderful job getting the industry stood up during the last year, but we still have a lot of work to do in terms of continuing to license the industry,” said Will Higlin, OLCC Senior Director of Licensing and Compliance. “In addition we will begin to shift resources to focus on industry compliance to ensure public safety.”​
The OLCC will step up its compliance work across all license categories. As an example when inspectors visit licensed premises they will be checking to make sure employees have in their possession, or can provide proof of having applied for an OLCC marijuana worker permit. All individuals employed by OLCC recreational marijuana licensees are required to obtain a worker permit, but it is the responsibility of a licensee, not an employee, that the employees working for the licensee have been issued a permit.

http://www.marijuana.oregon.gov/

WishDoctor

I received my OLCC permit within 5 days of applying last summer.
Passed the test 100% $20/year to have the ability to goof off in Nugland is worth it.
all it does is provide a stupid safety net.
Do I care being on file...nope.
There's so much work here, I do consulting for a 2nd tier rec grow, and run 2 CLS's for a dip in Applegate.
This weeks work, we're running 3 - 55gal drums and converting 400lbs of nugs into bubble mud.

Bongstar420

Its ironic how much people compete in this industry. They all wanna get rich and want it to be easy. Many actually think very conventionally and are self limiting the industry.
Oregons OLCC licenses so far
Active Payment Assigned ReadyAssign Total
Grower 375 21 415 116 927
Retailer 279 5 138 52 474
G/R 1.95

Processor 50 9 102 16 177
P/R 0.37

There are 1.95 growers on the books per retailer on the books now. These people still worry about getting flexed on. They have no interest in helping unless you give them the answers to the test so they can keep up. They don't need that. There should be about 10 growers per dispensary minimum. I couldn't tell much about processing as I don't know what the throughput for batching is. I would assume there could be quite a few processors, or at least more than 1/3rd of a processor per retailer, and that marking the grower on the product is probably in order.