What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What has Cannabis helped you with, personally?

Farm Hero

Cannabis oil has saved my life when I was at a dead end with oxycontin and poppy tea for incredible muscle and nerve pain from decades of lyme disease nerve damage.

Cannabis gave me a living when I could do nothing else nearly bedridden.

Cannabis oil has allowed me to assist in healing 2 cancer cases... one stage IV colon and one skin.

Last edited:
Cannabis probably saved my life after 20 years of prescription opiates for high levels of pain and nausea.

I was re-injured 7 months ago when I was riding my bike in Costa Rica and was hit by a car, thrown off a bridge and landed on my back in a dry riverbed full of rocks on my spine. I took the prescription painkillers for a month, but have been off of them for 5 months with the help of my homegrown.

I have a variety of strains for my meds. I got by on Tahoe alien, sfv, gg4, forum cut gsc, twista, gdp x og kush, extracts, topicals, topicals, flower and very little dabs.

I also changed my diet drastically (no sugar, dairy, legumes, soy or any grains) and added nutrient high dense foods into my diet.

angelgoob

1) I can flow, rap, rhyme on some c99.

2) Certain strains like blueberry treat my anxiety well.

3) When I get a headache, a nice sat actually treats it. Pay attention to the headache type and it's easy to choose. Does the headache hurt more when you shake your head? What does pressing on your temples do?

4) It obviously saved me from suicide. I though to smoke a bowl before doing it. That's the only thing. It's pretty simple just smoke weed if you're feeling that way. Easy.

5) Made me connect with you guys, and the like-minded.

6) Made me part of government by calling up representatives and speaking to them about cannabis.

7)I like to see others happy. It's different than seeing your own happiness. Especially if you've grow that strain, or that way or method.

8) I know stuff about plants and the brain now, more than ever. Coz cannabis fuels knowledge. It creates a divot in your mind, in your senses and everything flows to THAT now.

9) Smoking is a completely new perspective and is meditation easily. I've achieved meditative states and when I smoke c99, and I am almost under my grow light, I can feel my spirit flowing or just my being. I can sense this. It aids in meditation and it's meditation itself.

10) Depression. Now it lowers serotonin, but that's AFTER. Let's just focus on dopamine, the OTHER chemical involved in depressive episodes. And I say episodes because once you find the right strain, they're over.

11) Psychosis. It creates a mental comfort that doesn't lead to overstimulation which causes psychosis for me. I can tell c99 pushes me, but her? She makes me so happy that any: Paranoia, ruminations, or first thought dissappears and my second thoughts that are much more measured appear. This is because in nature we're taught to react, but on cannabis you INTERACT. It is so much different.

12)There's obvious spiritual implications. Whatever we are, whatever the thoughts, there is magic. Cannabis fuels this. We know what the plant wants, the plant knows what we want. We took advantage. And the selected strains took advantage by just being them, and us being us. It's a connection that was conceived or just plain old natural process that connects us to the world and universe. There is a reason the Earth created us. So we can create, think. and make a universe and extract energy from nothing. And yes you can get energy from nothing.

13)It's shown me to overcome things. This is different than social anxiety or depression, in the fact that now when someone gets me down. I usually am not high. When I am high, I have this way about me. Cops joke with me and laugh, my smile is contagious and anything I say is basically gold. The people who try and hate on my, juxtaposed to my laid-back responses is the perfect combination to ensure your hater stops hating, and starts laughing. Even so, it's able to shield you. Your mind tries to do this through repression and projection usually, but it's easy to use cannabis to reflect and consume up thoughts than to just...forget...through cognitive dissonance. Also it has shown that you can be funny and serious at the same time and this weeds out people who aren't smart and aren't funny. Only the smartest and thoughtful people will last trying to understand my sarcasm. It was so bad I had a 70 reply discourse with someone about millennials, age and SJW's. I just tried to portray someone who wanted to know what age they could hate technology at. LOL. It went bad. I posted something about Trump too: Nobody's perfect. So you can see only the smart would not be offended, because they know what I'm trying to say. Cannabis dithers this line for me and I just straight up come up with some silly shit. If you only knew how I grew, you'd be like WTF you're doing everything wrong? Haha.

14) I found out from cannabis, that it doesn't like too much N in flowering. So what happened to my other plants? Well my ONE $2.79 Roma tomato plant (actually grape tomatoes I think) yielded 202 tomatoes. One plant. Nothing special, just knew what ferts to use, when, and watered the base. This was outside. Now a clone of the plant is indoors trying to suck juice from my COB LED's.

15) Gave me purpose in life/Made my purpose clearer.

Ok, I also am good at creating lists on it. Not spelling or word usage though. Diction? 8/10. Anyway, I created a pro cannabis legalization list of the benefits of cannabis. I had 33 points.