What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Emperor wears no clothes

PDX Dopesmoker

Will check that out- we get rakes of them round these parts- once saw them being sold for £15 per cap in a head shop dunno if it was legal tho- anyway nearly mushroom season - liberty caps- great stuff- easy pal

Eating them raw is not an enjoyable enough for it to be made illegal. Eating them cooked properly won't get you an kind of a buzz at all except a little bit of the heebie jeebies after you ate them and are wondering if you cooked them correctly. Eating them for effect can be hit or miss though because apparently the density of psychoactive material per mushroom varies quite a bit.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Eating them raw is not an enjoyable enough for it to be made illegal. Eating them cooked properly won't get you an kind of a buzz at all except a little bit of the heebie jeebies after you ate them and are wondering if you cooked them correctly. Eating them for effect can be hit or miss though because apparently the density of psychoactive material per mushroom varies quite a bit.
fuckin 'heebie jeebes'... haven't had those ina long time..:biggrin:

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
fuckin 'heebie jeebes'... haven't had those ina long time..:biggrin:

I'll pass. I dont get into this sort of stuff to begin with but i know what a Death Angel could do to a person. I wouldn't go near anything starting with scientific name Amanita.....

Morel is the only type i go near...! Tasty buggers

PDX Dopesmoker

I'll pass. I dont get into this sort of stuff to begin with but i know what a Death Angel could do to a person. I wouldn't go near anything starting with scientific name Amanita.....

Yeah, you can really say that thing about the heebie jeebies about any time you collect & eat a new species of mushroom you've never had before. They almost all have to be prepared somehow or other to make them edible, but thats part of the fun & excitement. With a good guide book mushroom hunting is fairly easy & getting to know your wild funguses gives you another large group of objects (along with plants, animals and rocks) to amuse you when you're in the wilderness.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran

naa McK, that was a long time ago.. samey same, LSD heebie jeebies... no schrooms in many years.. but I do remember the HsJs..:biggrin: Woodstock... don't remember eating very much for 4 days.. but 4 way tabs.. orange ozzley (<??SP) not purple osley (<???SP).

weed only now.. some beers... Jose' once in a while... and allot of ibuprofen, all the time..

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have a brother who had a lot of substance abuse issues back in the day so that affected me quite a bit and consequently just never got into it. non-drinker for 23yrs or so, Allergic to aspirin and ibuprofen too. So Cannabis and Caffeine only for me. The caffeine I monitor pretty closely and stay to two cups/day only... lol funny but true.

LostTribe

Premium user
I read it in 1 morning great read from a fantastic soul! Herer shall never be forgotten! Long Live the Hemperor!

H

HemperorsKnight

The emperor wears no clothes is my biggest inspiration to opening my mind to many spectrums of hanf/hemp/cannabis Jack Herer had the greatest impact in the cannabis community exposing the US government's hypocrisy on the use of hemp from anslinger Hearst n dupont to Nixon and the Reagans covering all the disgusting facts of Cannabis prohibition which we all know was for business motives and achieved by racism by using fear as the tool the succeed their fucked up agenda it's crazy to think that cannabis was not demonized back then we humans used it from birth to death did anyone watch the movie that goes well with the book?

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Jack, through this book, has made aware many facts behind cannabis prohibition.
As well, because folk have read this book, they have realized how cannabis has been demonized & how the powers that be demonize other aspects of our personal lives. Choices that the 'powers that be' should have zero interest in.