What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

florida og - dna genetics

DJXX

Veteran
Nice to hear!
How long did the 5 you harvested already take to flower? If you don't mind me asking. Trying to get a feel for when I should be expecting to chop. I'm n the 7 week and the trichomes are looking on point so far, really maturing nicely.
taken em 70...and the smoke just kicks you in the head...you will be pleased...i'll be running them all a second time and try to pick the best 2...the Florida Lemon Og they have is really good too...maybe a notch better...DNA has always been wonderful for me...got some Skywalker and WhiteWalker coming too...thanks for the pics......DJXX

S

sourpuss

Cookie fam have always insisted floridah og is not the same as tk. The pictures they've posted of it in flower look like its a bit of a larger yielder than most og's but that could be down to the grow. In all reality it is probably the same og that originally went from florida to cali back in the 90's and got renamed a million times since (ghost, tahoe etc etc)

I see dna asking peeps for cuts on ig haha...

matt11

taken em 70...and the smoke just kicks you in the head...you will be pleased...i'll be running them all a second time and try to pick the best 2...the Florida Lemon Og they have is really good too...maybe a notch better...DNA has always been wonderful for me...got some Skywalker and WhiteWalker coming too...thanks for the pics......DJXX

i was thinking about getting the whitewalker for my next run too, I just read an article from DNA genetics talking about this strain, and it seems amazing. The white widow parent is supposedly the ingemar cut, the shit dreams are made of. Also wanted to try their double alien 18.
I did have 2 RKS in my current run, but both hermied , for some reason. The only strain in my rooms that did. Not bad, just seen like 1-3 pollen sacks total. I know from experience some strains will throw out a few hermie sacks and stop. But now I dont even tolerate that hermie shit anymore, so I had to toss these. Sucks cause I really wanted to see if it was true skunk genetics.

matt11

I see dna asking peeps for cuts on ig haha...

that's funny :laughing:. I'll slang them some cuts... for a few different strains in seed form, all day. I haven't ran many strains by them, but I'm defiantly impressed. But not by them asking for cut, wonder what's up with that? If I was in the seed breeding industry i'd imagine I would have so many cuts, from so many phenotypes and strains I would be swimming in cuts.

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
i was thinking about getting the whitewalker for my next run too, I just read an article from DNA genetics talking about this strain, and it seems amazing. The white widow parent is supposedly the ingemar cut, the shit dreams are made of. Also wanted to try their double alien 18.
I did have 2 RKS in my current run, but both hermied , for some reason. The only strain in my rooms that did. Not bad, just seen like 1-3 pollen sacks total. I know from experience some strains will throw out a few hermie sacks and stop. But now I dont even tolerate that hermie shit anymore, so I had to toss these. Sucks cause I really wanted to see if it was true skunk genetics.

I got two freebies of the WWK I am dying to pop! It definitely sounds like the bomb. Going thru a seed pack of DNA Sour Kush right now too. Having great results with that

matt11

day 49

day 49

Heres one of my rooms, the Florid og's.
Sorry about the side ways picture, my iPhone is always posting pics like this:bashhead:

Attachments

• IMG_1004.jpg
    IMG_1004.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1005.jpg
    IMG_1005.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1009.jpg
    IMG_1009.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1010.jpg
    IMG_1010.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1011.jpg
    IMG_1011.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 24

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Looks pretty good to me Matt!

Just wondering, about how tall were those when you put them in flower? There are 4 in there? What size light are you using? Thanks

matt11

Its actually 5. Theirs a short one in the middle, that's hidden from the pics a little, with 6 top colas. I'm expecting that one to be one of my best yeilders actually. Short but the plant is probably like 80%+ buds, all super hard flowers everywhere.
I think they were around maybe 2-3 feet I'm guessing when I flipped to bloom,, not tall at all. I like to keep my plants short and bushy, top at least once around the 4th node, and keep the lamp as close as I can get. All these og's I topped 1-3 times each, and ended up with 4-8 top colas.

matt11

Also its a 1000w, I have it no more then 24" away from the canopy, with some plants alot closer. . I'm pulling air from a cool basement, and it keeps my temps pretty nice around 75f-79f, mostly sustained at 77f. At night I have a heater outside one of the intakes with a digital thermostat, and keep the night temps at 67-69f. If I didn't the temps would drop to the high 50's, way too cold for my taste.

Also its a 1000w, I have it no more then 24" away from the canopy, with some plants alot closer. . I'm pulling air from a cool basement, and it keeps my temps pretty nice around 75f-79f, mostly sustained at 77f. At night I have a heater outside one of the intakes with a digital thermostat, and keep the night temps at 67-69f. If I didn't the temps would drop to the high 50's, way too cold for my taste.

I have a same setup as you, almost looks like my tent. 4x4 and 1000watt HPS open bat hood. Your temps sound the same as mine. Swings from high 70s to high 60s when lights are off.
1000 watt open hood in a tent is a not the best idea I think. Just it works becuase its winter right now. lol The summer is gonna be difficult, I def can see it reaching upper 90s F or even 100f. I'm Looking to get a aircooled hood this spring for my tent.

matt11

I have a same setup as you, almost looks like my tent. 4x4 and 1000watt HPS open bat hood. Your temps sound the same as mine. Swings from high 70s to high 60s when lights are off.
1000 watt open hood in a tent is a not the best idea I think. Just it works becuase its winter right now. lol The summer is gonna be difficult, I def can see it reaching upper 90s F or even 100f. I'm Looking to get a aircooled hood this spring for my tent.

sounds almost identical. Yeah with the open hood for me its definitely pushing the limit with a 4x4 tent. If I wasn't pulling air from a cool basement (58f-59f) theres no way in hell I could run the 1k with open hood. also like you said I think this setup in summer would be challenging. I have a 435cfm centrifugal extraction fan that works awesome pulling the air out too.

I was looking whats the cheapest bang for the buck for an air cooled hood. Seems a iPower 6" HPS cool tube is it, covers 4x4 and holds 1000 watts, comes with ceramic mogul base and cord, there 50 bucks on amazon. Its not no triple magnum xxxl or anything. Might wanna check it out for the summer.

matt11

Thanks for the heads up bro appreciate it. Nice price for an air cooled hood. I'll def have to look into it.

Nughugger

I grow Florida Og it's great man tasty dank very Og. Yells is low taste and smell like bubba kush with added Og flavor top quality stuff pop out half keepers pretty similar phenos I don't know about the story it's the original. I don't care stuff is bomb better than anything I ever bought from Cali connection

Skooter

I got some earth OG from a buddy in Florida it was super dank. Not sure what the lineage was but it was definitely Fire.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I have a FOG outside right now. It's the better of 2 seeds I popped. I will post pics here as it progresses. Just started flowering. I'm hoping the dank lemon pine-sol aroma and taste carry thru outdoors like it was inside.

Nughugger

Florida Og is great man super dank the most pronounced Og I've ever come across. Who cares about the story all great cannibis has a bs story put on them. But great is great a name is just a name

Z

Ziggaro

Anybody getting peppery smells in flower? I got florida gold running doesn't look much like an og. Tall plants with long spears of bud.
I have 4 going all have a black pepper smell if i put my nose over them. The smell from rubbing the resin is more like a chemical funk but hard to describe. Big buds too much bigger than my rd stuff or the fortune cookie i found

Z

Ziggaro

Arright well seems legit my fortune cookie got pepper smells too. Buds on these just don't look like their pic or most ogs.
I'll post up if the smoke is funny but otherwise seems like a goodmix with their flog