What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ohio says VOTE NO OR ELSE!

shaggyballs

Veteran
If it is not legalization for the people and it is legalization for $$$$$$$ VOTE NO OR ELSE!

So what happened in Ohio on Tuesday, when voters voted 64% to 36% against a well-funded marijuana-legalization initiative to legalize recreational and medicinal marijuana, handing a high-profile defeat to the burgeoning legalization movement?

The answer is pretty simple, if you ask some marijuana supporters who opposed the measure: The small group of investors who drafted and promoted the initiative blew it by designing the law so that they would be the only commercial growers allowed in the state.

Nice job Ohio!!:tiphat:

Unclecrash

If it is not legalization for the people and it is legalization for $$$$$$$ VOTE NO OR ELSE!

So what happened in Ohio on Tuesday, when voters voted 64% to 36% against a well-funded marijuana-legalization initiative to legalize recreational and medicinal marijuana, handing a high-profile defeat to the burgeoning legalization movement?

The answer is pretty simple, if you ask some marijuana supporters who opposed the measure: The small group of investors who drafted and promoted the initiative blew it by designing the law so that they would be the only commercial growers allowed in the state.

Nice job Ohio!!:tiphat:

Greedy bastards Just like what I said was going to happen in Mi. I have not followed up but someone drafted up some bull shit and there trying to pass it.

shaggyballs

Veteran
Re-draft, start over....modeling from other states.

Good thing too, it had been stated this was going to be the new model for legalization in many states across America.
There was a lot of money just waiting for this to pass, there were billions of $$$$$$$$ to be made.

Watch out it may still be tried in other states and it has a good chance to pass with big $$money$$ backing it!
It would not surprise me if they even try to bring it in the back door!

If it ain't right for the people vote no or else!

Unclecrash

Why the hell cant they do what the people want for once!! If its not the government fucking us , its being done on a state level.

paper thorn

Veteran
funny, i heard Trump refer to Ohio not passing legalization, when asked about pot.
But, he said that problem was the bill in Ohio was a crappy one that gave one company a big monoploy.

Sounds like he wants a fair legalization bill too.:biggrin:

Hoss_Beardman

420giveaway
Ohio's new law they are proposing for the next round of voting is going to blow the lid off the marijuana industry and probably drop the market value in the state. If I read it correctly a grower can grow outdoors 25acres.... there is too much farm land in Ohio for each farmer to pass up a 2million dollar crop.

Hoss_Beardman

420giveaway
does this 2016 bill have a chance?

does this 2016 bill have a chance?

https://legalizeohio2016.org/

i feel like if this makes it to the ballot it will pass for sure. it will not get any funding as it does not benefit many wealthy investors and is more beneficial for your average land owner and grower.

would someone read this over and let me know if this is going to be fart in the wind or an actual chance at legalization for the people?

jesbuds

Saw this going down after hearing how they wanted to limit who could grow to certain people (who really wants Nick Lachey heading the main grow for your state?) :)

Picarus

https://legalizeohio2016.org/

i feel like if this makes it to the ballot it will pass for sure. it will not get any funding as it does not benefit many wealthy investors and is more beneficial for your average land owner and grower.

would someone read this over and let me know if this is going to be fart in the wind or an actual chance at legalization for the people?

It will not get any funding because issue 3 passed. Issue 3 states that if you are part of bringing legislation forward you can not be a part of making money from it. Who wants to spend all their time any money trying to changes the laws just to be excluded?

And who thinks Nick Lachey is gonna grow anything?! HE is going to hire you or someone like you! Network, make connections and draw up a business plan. SO many "do nots" claiming to be "have nots".

Betterhaff

Veteran
Some confusion with the issues.

Issue 3 was the legalization amendment – failed.

Issue 2 was the monopoly amendment – passed.

Hoss_Beardman

420giveaway
that is correct. i don't see any conflict between the NEW proposed amendment and the issue regarding monopolies, as it is lightly funded by ohio end prohibition or something along those lines.

I'm worried this NEW proposed amendment will not get a good voice because there are not enough people get hyped over it. People should be hyped though.. allowing 25acres of outdoor cultivation and not limiting home growers as much.

Picarus

sorry guys, thanks betterhaff. issue 2 has implications as before mentioned. I don't think this bill has a chance in hell without big $ behind it, or an amazing grass roots campaign. To be honest it looks more the like the wild west, which I doubt Ohio will like. It will however have more dem support being an election year and all. I hope you get what you want, but Ohio is still very behind the modern sentiment about cannabis.