What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is the likelihood of being mugged in the weed business?

kinesis

Weed makes me a bit nervous. Still, it sounds like a simple business to be in. What is the likelihood that you could be a victim of strong arm robbery or armed robbery when delivering QPs and pounds to dispensaries/patients? It is true that you could be killed in this business, right?

Picarus

Depends entirely on your business practices. How smart are you and how many precautions do you take? As the industry matures it seems less likely. It is easier for a criminal to strong arm a dispensary than a vendor or deliverer. If you like to run your mouth about what you do or do not take smell precautions you are putting yourself at higher risk.

Useful Idiot

Veteran
Weed makes me a bit nervous. Still, it sounds like a simple business to be in. What is the likelihood that you could be a victim of strong arm robbery or armed robbery when delivering QPs and pounds to dispensaries/patients? It is true that you could be killed in this business, right?

Your first sentence says it all. Not disrespect, just being honest. And it is NOT a simple......nevermind. I can't believe I just posted a comment in this thread.

If you can be killed delivering pizza that cost $20 bucks, killed as a gas station clerk for cash, killed as a bank teller, killed as a truck driver........ YES YOU CAN BE KILLED AT THIS JOB TOO!!!!!!!

A

acridlab

Yeah, u should be more afraid of your electric bill.. those fuckers are dangerous,, I almost stroke out when I see mine :)

hom

Veteran
If you are in it just to make a quick buck with no love or respect for the plant and the community, then maybe you should look at a different business.....like war. Good money in that I hear. If you have the love and passion for the plant, you wont be worring about rip offs and hold ups....or money. Depends what you want outta it all.....if it's purely for the money do something else because most cash croppers or bud chancers end up with shitty crappy product because its the cash that counts, not the final product. If you got the love, go for it and fuck the rippers. Good luck.

People get mugged for a lot less then weed . Of course the risk is always going to be present but it all depends on who you do business with and how much of a risk you are willing to chance . Logic and intuition always serve me best when dealing with people , always trust that gut instinct

mowood3479

Veteran
How good is ur intuition?
How good are you at building and maintaining relationships?
Are people physically intimidated by you?
Do u carry a firearm?
Do u associate with drug addicts?
These would all be factors.
Yes people get robbed, killed and incarcerated.
is it still worth the $?
Depends on who u r i guess.
Too many variables to even attempt to answer

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If ya gotta ask...

...the business is probably not for you.

However, this product sales itself.

Be very cautious about who you deal with, especially if unknown to you.
And lastly...
if you can't trust your customers to keep their mouths shut then you may as well be singing about your job while making a delivery.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
If ya gotta ask...

...the business is probably not for you.

However, this product sales itself.

Be very cautious about who you deal with, especially if unknown to you.
And lastly...
if you can't trust your customers to keep their mouths shut then you may as well be singing about your job while making a delivery.

^

St. Phatty

you mean, by the cops ?

by grow-rippers ?

by grow-rippers dressed as cops ?

Jeez, now I'm more paranoid that when this thread started !

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
One wears MANY hats, as a sole proprietor. Too numerous to list here. The amount of varying tasks endless. Whatever One thinks awaits, workwise, DOUBLE it.

Shit, I will be getting up to the country soon, but for the last year, after a decade+ on 2 acres + in NorCal - Now, in the Metro Area - Another Med State - there's two houses, just a driveway away, and I manage to keep it down-low. Major balancing act. Being a good neighbor, yet keeping 'em ALL at arms length, so no one feel's it's OK to visit whenever they want. Phone calls first, or no answer door.

It takes years of experience and study. read the old-skool growers. Security practices are VERY important. No one gets to know. Very few people even know where I live. It takes a special person to put it all together. I am so careful it's absurd sometimes. But, by doing my protocols, I do not have to worry. After 12 years, I am still just as careful, but confident that if I continue such due diligence, I will 99% be OK. The horror stories in Mendo were amazing. Some were Urban Rural legends, some NOT>. Now, in da Mitten, Metro for now, gotta watch your culo even more. So many weapons, so many Bruthas. But, people are a bit more clueless than the Em Tri, to say the least. A good thing.

theJointedOne

Veteran
i just walked from a job contract b/c the energy and vibes were really off. no ammount of cash is worth being in the wrong place ant the wrong time...and we all know the feeling we get when we know we are in a place like this...

gotta go with your gut+mind, leave the heart out of this equation.

some great advice already in this thread
stay safe

amannamedtruth

Veteran

If you have to ask....