What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cali Connection 818 headband

HazeNKush

Strain : 818 Headband

Method of grow: 1000wHPS 5 gal RDWC system

flower time: 8-9 weeks. possibly 10. i just go off trichs

Smell: Diesel/kush smells. that fuely funk with that lemony pledge. Amazing and unique

Bag appeal : also a perfect 10. HUGE kush nugs with diesel like colors and covered in trichs and small hairs that look like frosted xmas trees.

taste: diesel/fuely on inhale with that lemon chem taste on exhale. Truly a fine tasting cannabis

High : amazing head high, totally gets you up and down all at once. smoked a Blunt of it with my friend and got crazy lifted.

This is hands down the best strain ive ever grown. Ive grown MANY strains in my time, but nothing like this. great long lasting high and this totally out does the reserve privada sour kush i grew a year ago in every way from smell to yield. Ive heard bad things about the Cali Connection, specfically their old Sour OG (which 818 replaced supposedly) and their infamous "GS Cookies" rep, but after the good reviews i heard about all their kush crosses, i had to give them a try. Next i would like to pick up their chem valley kush which i heard is also amazing

enjoy the pics!

Attachments

• 04570001.jpg
    04570001.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 04570002.jpg
    04570002.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 78
  • 04570003.jpg
    04570003.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 37
  • 04570004.jpg
    04570004.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 04570005.jpg
    04570005.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 52
  • 04570006.jpg
    04570006.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 44

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is this related to the headband clones they're selling at Harborside? I'm growing that one now. I hope mine turn out this well. It's only a few days into flowering, so it's too early to tell how they'll be at harvest time.

HazeNKush

couldnt tell you if its related to clones there as im 3,000 miles+ away from cali.

Headband is one of those strains anybody has a version of. just cross your trademark OG strain to sour diesel and bam, its a "headband" variety.

Being an east coast guy, i LOVE sour Diesel and anything fuely so this didnt dissapoint.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Clean your stove...hehehe. ;)

This isn't "headband" - it's just like you said - some og / sour cross, playing on the hype of a known desired / respected CLONE...all clones are unique and simply pairing like genetics DOES NOT give you the same end result.

That's like seeing a red porsche, and then going home and painting your car red, then calling it a porsche too...just doesn't work, does it...

At least you know enough to label your thread as Cali Connect gear vs calling it one of the clones. ;)

Glad you enjoyed your flowers - but have you had any LEGIT headband from which to compare the two?

dank.Frank

pappy masonjar

Veteran
Uuuhhhh, I painted my acura black and im pretty sure its now a bmw, no??

Fuck.

I grew cali cons "chem 4 og" a couple years ago. It looked really good. Tbh one pheno looked kinda like cobcoops chem 91 pic that swerve uses. But with almost NONE of that real og/chem funk. (Really ethical btw, using someone else's pics and claiming them as yours. Especially when profiting from it.)

How someone can breed Chem 4 with a "SFV OG F5" and it be soooo watered down I dont know.
To be fair I only grew one pack, but come on.

Plus, im no breeder, but SFV f5 doesnt seem possible to me. Wouldnt he have needed a SFV OG male to make f5's??
DF? Shouldnt that be a bx?
Swerve is so full of shit. And his ethics are worse than his genetics.

HazeNKush

Ive had legit headband in cali many years ago as my friend was a manager at a dispense and would always get me all the tasty nugs. im no where near a state that even allows medical useage so I just go off what i can get and post it up and learn new things when someone corrects me like so here.

i appreciate you guys enlightening me with this information as I can only really get seeds here and no clones. trust me, id rather use the "real deal" which is why i havent even bothered with the whole GSC seeds situation. shame as id really like to try that strain

I look forward to learning more from you all. thank you again for telling me all this stuff

pappy masonjar

Veteran
Like i said, i bought the Chem 4og before i new what type of person swerve is. I wouldn't support the guy now if he had the best seeds in the world. And he's obviously not the best grower or breeder. Ive seen enough of his shitty pics to know that. Thats when he actually uses his own pics. He usually just steals them from members here and on other sites.

And about the seed vs clone thing, i personally usually never buy s1 type seeds or seeds that are some recreation of a clone. Because i know ill always have an inferior version and they're usually disappointing imo. But i do buy seeds A LOT. Just not those types, I like to try new shit and try and find my own "elites".
try, at least

Another good analogy would be:
Lets say there's one particular restaurant that has the BEST steak in the world. Nothing else like it. Lets call this restaurant Peter Dugars. NOw lets say Mcdonalds comes out with a version of "Peter Dugars steak". (first off they'd get sued, but weed is a little different.)
Now lets say you never had real Peter Dugars steak, and you tried mcdonalds version. It might be good, hell it be damn good. Especially if your hungry, (i.e. live in a geographical locations with limited kind buds). But it will not be a Peter Dugar Steak.

And fwiw, im pretty much in the same boat as you. Not a lot of access to clones. But if ya go with a good breeder, a real breeder, youll have a better chance of finding the good stuff.

Plus your weed looks well grown from what i can tell so cheers to that!:tiphat:

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Don't know anything about swerve or cali connection , but i agree with hazenkush ....this is a pretty good strain ! whether the breeders an asshat or not . i got the cut from a buddy that did all the hardwork & kept this oneas a keeper . its a pretty good strain . i like the growth structure of it . its done in 70 days like 90% of my other strains & the buzz is pretty nice . not extremely potant but does the trick .
i do have a daywrecker cut coming to me to try the real deal & who knows .... this 818 cut may get the boot . but for now .... she's not bad ! :)

heres mine 5 weeks into flower . my guess is they'll be quarter pounders at least .... theres 4 of them in 2 gallon pots of straight coco DTW .

& couple i had in veg that just went in flower recently .

pappy masonjar

Veteran
Dan what the hell man, i thought you covered all the red lights??
You missed one brother.

I must have shit luck, the one time i had a little red light on, the plants directly around it grew some balls.
Meanwhile dans is growing in the Red light district and doing just fine.

DJXX

Veteran
I HAVE FIVE OF THEM GOIN...TOPPED A THIRD TIME....USUALLY I SUPERCROP BUT I NEEDED SOME TIME AND TOPPING THEM BUYS ME TIME...I HAVE LOOMPAS HEADBAND AND I WILL SEE HOW THESE COMPARE....LOOMPAS IS A LEGEND....I HAVE SWERVES ORIGINAL DIESEL, HIS VERSION OF THE WEASEL CUT, AND IT IS AS GOOD AS ANY DIESEL ON THE PLANET AND HE CROSSED IT TO HIS SFV IBL...MY FAVORITE OG.......O M G .... STOKED BOUT THESE FOR SURE.....
I DO NOT CONDONE THE PRACTICES OF SWERVE....BUT HE KEEPS KILLIN IT...JUS ORDERED HIS VERSION OF GREEN CRACK....DJ

HazeNKush

You missed one brother.

I must have shit luck, the one time i had a little red light on, the plants directly around it grew some balls.

just reminded me i needed to do this myself lol.

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You missed one brother.

LOL .... the light on the power strip is not on untill i turn the strip on ..... & the red you see in the second pic .... is the orange buckets . so no need to worry Pappy :)

HazeNKush

I HAVE FIVE OF THEM GOIN...TOPPED A THIRD TIME....USUALLY I SUPERCROP BUT I NEEDED SOME TIME AND TOPPING THEM BUYS ME TIME...I HAVE LOOMPAS HEADBAND AND I WILL SEE HOW THESE COMPARE....LOOMPAS IS A LEGEND....I HAVE SWERVES ORIGINAL DIESEL, HIS VERSION OF THE WEASEL CUT, AND IT IS AS GOOD AS ANY DIESEL ON THE PLANET AND HE CROSSED IT TO HIS SFV IBL...MY FAVORITE OG.......O M G .... STOKED BOUT THESE FOR SURE.....
I DO NOT CONDONE THE PRACTICES OF SWERVE....BUT HE KEEPS KILLIN IT...JUS ORDERED HIS VERSION OF GREEN CRACK....DJ

this strain REALLY worked well when i topped it for the pheno i kept. Your going to enjoy this stuff a lot. I plan to run a full grow of JUST this at least once.

HazeNKush

went through a six pack and found a keeper. ive been getting lucky with it lately. Got the purple trainwreck pheno from purple wreck in a 5 pack, the SSH dom plant in my Super Lemon Haze 5 pack that yields a QP or more.

Only time i didnt get a keeper pheno out of a 5 pack was Wifi....i was pissed about that.

Lucky 7

I grew one seed outside, got a pound, turned a oz into some killer kief,
VERY impressive stone: nearly drunken dizzy type. some of the nicest grown outdoors.
see the thread in Hashish Forum rock hard buds

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Glad you found a good one ! I didn't !!! looks great , but thats about it ! no taste no smells buzz is ok , but not great . will not be running it again .

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts