What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Simple ways to tell if someone has been in your house

So basically this thread is about simple ways you can tell if someone has been in your house while you are not there, whether leo or ceiling people or whatever.

What I do is when I leave the house I put a chip of paper in between the door and the door jamb. When the door is opened the chip of paper falls too the floor, so when I come back I check if the chip of paper is still wedged between the door and the jamb, and I know if anyone had been in while I am gone.
Because leo has locksmiths, and also there is such a thing as jump keying, where you get a key cut with all of the notches cut at number 10, which is the deepest cut. You put the jump key in the lock and hit the end of it while you are turning the key, hitting the end of the key causes all the pins to jump out of position and you can turn the key and open the door.
Also someone can find your spare set of house keys which you have hidden.which has happened to me once. A good hiding spot for spare keys is put them at the bottom of a big flower pot, in a jar or something, and then fill the pot with potting soil and plant a plant in it.

oldhaole

Veteran
Simple.

If I find a pile of chewed up raw flesh lying in a puddle of blood someone has been in my house.

And the dogs ate them.

Bummer.

mowood3479

Veteran
if my security camera sends me an email with the video of the culprit then someone has been in my house... technology is cheap these days... use it.

supermanlives

Veteran
well i imagine i would hear them screaming and trying to hop my 8 ft wall before my dogs kill them. i have used your method several times. smart crooks and cops might catch that trick as its old as dirt. using hair works better than paper and harder to see and detect. unless maybe your a glowing blonde

supermanlives

Veteran
not my dogs. sure they might eat the meat but only after they fuck you up. its not like my dogs are hungry that bad.

not my dogs. sure they might eat the meat but only after they fuck you up. its not like my dogs are hungry that bad.
that's why you throw the steak in a room and close the door after them.
mythbusters did an episode on this. here's the one i didn't fully get:
"You can get past a vicious guard dog by distracting it with urine from a female dog.
CONFIRMED
The dog was absolutely distracted by the urine, allowing Tory plenty of time to get past it."
i'm thinking if my guard dogs are female it wouldn't affect them. i'm gonna have to send them an email.

M

MsSweetPea

We leave a case of cold beer in the fridge when we go away with a note saying "help yourself". Very easy to tell if you'd have visitors while your away LOL. No one gets hurt, and you may have made a new friend! :ying:

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
I can see their Auras if less than 48 hours. I can also recognize them if I have seen it before. Win a few bets in local bars word gets out.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
A hair stuck to the door and door frame with saliva., a pencil pleced behind the door as you close it..
and as mentioned previously, a bloody mess on the hallway floor, and a shoelace hanging out of your dogs mouth

supermanlives

Veteran
We leave a case of cold beer in the fridge when we go away with a note saying "help yourself". Very easy to tell if you'd have visitors while your away LOL. No one gets hurt, and you may have made a new friend! :ying:
where do you live? i am short on beer and need something to chase my whiskey.

My pops used to be able to tell when we snuck out to the cabin to get fucked up with friends using one little trick...

Leave the toilet seat down :)

he used to bust me every time until i got older and asked em how he was doing it lol