What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Black Ra1n's Grow Journal

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey all, started germinating my seeds on March 5th. I potted my first tadpole on March 7th, the rest followed and I'm now up too 8 in the veg'er and 1 that hasn't popped yet. I'm growing three strains right now, all Nirvana seeds ; PPP, Ak 48 and Maroc x Afghan. I love Nirvana seeds, cost and germination percentage are major reasons why. Well I'll be building my cabinet next week. I checked out a few designs and grabbed some ideas from all of them. I would like to thank ... NOKUY, onthatlevel, mtnjohn and Red_Greenery for answering my questions and for posting awesome threads.

Here's a few pictures...

Here's an Ak 48 tadpole....

Pure Power Plant, from the pictures I've seen I'm going to like this one....

G

:woohoo: First to post.

Awesome, I'm always been interested in PPP and will be by to see how it's going.

Good growing.

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Thanks Heero007, all the seeds have popped and are in the veg're. I have them under a single 26 watt cfl, but I'm going to set up my 2 foot florescent tomorrow. I'm going to start my cab built tomorrow and will take pics throughout the build.

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Week 1 Veg.

Week 1 Veg.

Hey, well it's been a week and all the babies are fine. The PPP have taken off and the AK48 are finally going too. The hardest of the 3 has been the Maroc x Afgan.

Here's my favorite PPP seedling, I'm hoping it's a girl hahaha. It has a nice purple stalk, if it turns out to be a girl I'll be using some of the clones for seed production and maybe some breeding later down the line.

I have my cabinet about half done. I'm hoping it will be done next week so I can get these seedlings going.

Well that's it for now....off to the friendly neighborhood grow store.... good growing everyone!!

B/R

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
2nd Week of Veg.

2nd Week of Veg.

Hey all, well here are the babies after 2 weeks. My cabinet is almost done and should be up and going by Monday I hope.

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Cabinet Build

Cabinet Build

Hey fellow growers, well the cabinet is finally done. It took a bit longer than I had hoped, but never the less it's done. I got most of the ideas from NOKUY's cabinet, with a few modifications. Here's the link to his cabinet, it's a great design and fairly easy to build .... NOKUYS Cabinet

Here's the basic shape. I made it out of 3/8 plywood finished on one side. It's reinforced with 1x2 pine.

Dimensions are the same as NOKUY's, 2x3 flower room, 1x1 utility room and a 1x2
flower/clone room.

Here's the 4" exhaust hole with a 65ft3 120v fan that goes into the utility room. I also have another 4" exhaust hole at the back with a 65ft3 120v fan that will go into my scrubber.(which has not been built yet)

I painted the inside with some high hide primer, which covers great and leaves a nice dull finish.

I installed a cool tube over my 150 HPS, it's on chains so it can be moved down closer to the plant. I put some 1.25" pipe in the floor for air flow, there are 4 in the flower room under the sliding shelf and 2 in the mother/clone room under the elevated shelf. I also put an 1" air flow from the flower room into the mother/clone room. I took an old shelf out of a fridge I had, cut it down to fit and welded it back together so I can adjust the plants closer to the 4 15 watt t8's in the mom/clone room. I also put an elevated shelf in there for my bubble cloner. There are 2 1" air holes on the top to vent any heat from the t8's.

Here's the babies I'm doing this go around. They're almost 3 weeks and will be transplanted this week-end and then sexed a week later.

I'm going to scrog a M39 clone my friend is bringing me this week.
B/R

G

Great looking cab, very clean.

Good growing to you.

Last edited:

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Week 3 of Veg.

Week 3 of Veg.

Okay it's been 3 weeks, I'm happy with the amount of growth, but don't really like the stretching. I'm hoping I can transplant these soon, I don't see any roots in the drainage holes yet, but hope I will soon. I'm also hoping to sex these soon, so I can start cloning for my outdoor grow. Well thanks for stopping by.....

B/R

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Transplant

Transplant

Well it's been over 3 weeks, so I transplanted them into organic soil. Mix of 4 parts pro mix, 2 parts perlite and 1 part vermiculite. I also added 2 teaspoon per gal of bone meal and 1 teaspoon per gal of blood meal. The roots were nice and white. I'm happy with the progress. I'll be sexing these this week. Started to build my bubble cloner, just need a better bubble stone.

B/R

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Week 4 of veg. Topped and cloned

Week 4 of veg. Topped and cloned

Well it's week 4 and they took the transplanting quite well. They're a nice deep green, though the lower leaves suffered a slight nute burn from the first feeding. I checked my soil ph the other day and it's neutral. I bought a soil testing kit that checks the soil ph as well as nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium, It was 5 bucks and takes the guess work out of soil amending.

I decided to top these and clone them. I built a bubble cloner today and put it in my cab. The cab temps never fall below 75 so I don't need an aquarium heater. I'm going to put the others to flower in a few weeks and see what I end up with. I'm mostly concerned about getting some mothers ready for the outdoor season. I'm also hoping for some males, so I can keep some flowers for seed production later this summer.

A buddy sent over some Bubblelicious seeds from nirvanva and some Canadian Mist bag seed. I aslo have one Jack Herrer, but it hasn't popped yet.

Well that's it for now, I have a few modifications to make to my cab. I need some comp. fans installed for more air movement.
Thanks for stopping by....

B/R

kooki

:yes: nice setup Ra1n, you have built a great cab there.

Toppin the plants to clone is always a good idea, labeled to their "donor" plant u can find a nice keeper mom, and/or dad.. great stuff

Wish u luck with the rest of your grow

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey Kooki, just checked out your grow, things look great. I was thinking of scrog'n a m39 clone I picked up today, but after I saw your's think I'll train her to stay low. Thanks for stopping by.

B/R

ZeusOGrefugee

Registered Medical Patient
Veteran
:wave:
What's up BR?? Very nice lookin cab and grow. I like the cab alot, what are the dimensions of it? I think I might build one like that or similar.! I'll be pullin up a seat for this grow, I wanna see what ur AK's look like...Peace dude. :joint:
:lurk:

- Z

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey ZoG, things are good on this end, how's your grow? The cab is 3x3x2. My flower chamber is 3x2x2. I also noticed my t-8's put off quite a bit of heat, I may have to put two more vents in the top of the mom/clone room. I'm having an issue with smell, that m39 clone is a stinker. I made a quick fix by putting a dryer sheet over the exhaust hole, it actually worked, but it's only a temp fix. Any suggestions on a good odor control?

Well thanks for stopping by, grab a seat, I'm flipping this clone over to flower.

B/R

Latest posts

Latest posts