What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Are ACE 'pure' strains really pure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PineNuts

THCVhunter, could you please give us some more info about the killer malawi? I have one Malawi x Panama getting close to done here. Made F2s with it that I have plans for... So having some info about your claim would be helpful in making decisions going forward.

YukonKronic

Pretty sure this is a load of crap. Show me the written word from Ace that says there's anything but Malawi in Malawi and I'll eat my words. This has been covered before.
Selection for drug cannabis is not rocket science and needs to be done to landrace genetics generally speaking so that it's possible to get actual drug worthy cannabis. Selecting specific traits does not make a gene pool less "pure" (what the hell are you talking about? You do know that genetic evolution means EVERY new plant is different right? What's "pure" if each is different?) it simply refines certain genes within that pool to a more dominant expression.
Have you grown PCK and Malawi and identified what is similar other than a few phenotypes having slightly broader leaves than Thai varieties? Malawi is heavy and narcotic because it's a goddamn terp megaweapon. Look at the profile; it's extremely complex and very rich in cannabinoids.
And yes. It IS possible for sativa to have dense buds. Just select for them and do a good job growing.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
It's a pity that mustafunk can not be here to say his thought ...
I dont agree with claims like Willy’s that there are no pure landraces on the market and I dont agree ACE is anything near the best option.
Yes, there is also cannabiogen, RSC, tropical seeds, TLT...

If ACE does not label Bangi Haze(Whote Congo) as having NL and White Widow, how are so many people insisting on trusting and supporting ACE?
Why should they say they have genetics that are not present ??

The Egyptian landrace I bred with this year started flowering early/mid-June. Done by mid-August.

I pose another option to your statement that ACE worked the pure lines to make quick and productive plants — they hybridized them with BLD hybrids. Like when they couldnt find a male in Malawi so they used PCK. Hence ‘Killer Malawi’ and the fact that all their Malawi work is heavy and narcotic.

Or lowryder ... (irony) ... again, it's all under the sun ... Malawi (like the Ethiopian) comes from a selection made on seeds from the old afropips warehouse (or African seeds, I do not remember this particular)

Status
Not open for further replies.