What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rocky Mountain Ring of Fire

rocker

Fred,

Curious about your coconut oil, I make mine 14G's to a cup of Coconut oil, what is your ratio?
I like your set up looks very clean, and the LST is cool too.

Last spring my brother gave me a couple of Platinum Girl Scout Cookies in solo cups, a clear one inside of a red one so you could see when it was time to transplant. Sadly the clones did not make it.

I recently planted a French Cookies clone in a one gallon pot. I always used 1g pots because I thought that would be the minimum size for a living soil. The clone in the 1g looked kind of rough and all my 1g pots were full, so I grabbed the two empty solo cups and planted 2 more FC clones in hopes that at least one would make it.

All three clones survived, but even more importantly I discovered the joy of how well plants can do in a solo cup! Now I start them all that way. Thanks Bro!:woohoo:

French Cookies clone
picture.php

Fred,

Curious about your coconut oil, I make mine 14G's to a cup of Coconut oil, what is your ratio?
I like your set up looks very clean, and the LST is cool too.

Sorry I can't help you because I don't measure the amount of bud. The run in the picture used that big pasta pot almost full of bud. I just use all my kiefed sweet leaf and any buds that I don't want to vape. The more the better. My only limit is how big the pot is. One time I packed it too full and after that I don't. :shucks:
I often wonder if the coconut oil has a maximum holding capacity regardless of the quality or quantity of material used.:dunno:
Thank you for the kind words.:comfort:

I moved the bokashi along to the next phase of processing where it gets buried for 2 weeks. This is what it looked like after 3 weeks of being sealed shut.
picture.php

I notice it has sunk down a couple inches so next time I'll pack it full. I also notice that the top third did not really ferment well.

Deeper down the food bits had become much more slimy and well fermented. :good:
picture.php

I have yet to decide if I like bokashi, I'll have to see how it turns out after a few weeks buried in one of my big tubs. I also buried some in each of my 5 worm tubs.
One thing for sure it really, really stinks!:puke:
It should be done in a room where a window can be opened and then the door shut. It's that bad. I hope the results are worth it.

When I take clones I get just a bit of clone gel. Clones are taken from bottom shoots that are usually removed anyway. Sometimes I top a tall plant and root it as a big clone too.

picture.php

I root my clones in solo cups of plain tap water. I always take 4 clones and at least 3 root if not all four.
picture.php

Clones are planted into solo cups of my regular soil mix, thinned down a bit with a little extra perlite and peat. I had trouble with large clones surviving the planting until I started using a humidity dome. After a couple days I slowly work the plant out of the the dome and into low light veg, and then slowly into full light. Now they rarely collapse on me.:biggrin:
picture.php

Hydro8

When you root the clones in the Solo cups do you change the water at all ? How many days does it usually take for the roots to start ?

When you root the clones in the Solo cups do you change the water at all ? How many days does it usually take for the roots to start ?

No I don't change the water, I jusk keep topping it off keeping it full. I'm not sure how long it takes, it varies by strain and time of year. I guess they're usually ready in about 2 weeks but show nubs and roots much sooner.

I have an EZ cloner 30 spot and a Daisy 8 spot cloner that I packed away because cleaning them sucks and the heat in the summer sucks. The cups work great and are easy to clean.:good:

Here I transplant this OG Critical from it's 3 gallon pot..

picture.php

Into this 15 gallon pot with Mykos, and Azos dusted small perlite.

picture.php

Final pot for this one. Now to veg it as long as I possibly can.:watchplant:

picture.php

brickweeder

FS, well I'll be a fish-eyed fool...never thought of using those plastic drawers as worm bins or loose screen fabric on a bowl for keif...Nice journal.

FS, well I'll be a fish-eyed fool...never thought of using those plastic drawers as worm bins or loose screen fabric on a bowl for keif...Nice journal.

Thank you very much. I'm glad someone could pick something up from it. I want to contribute because I've learned so much here.:smoke out:

This is Atomic Bomb in a 1g going into a 3g.

picture.php

Picture doesn't really show it, but I like to place transplants a little higher than the edges so it's kind of a mound.
picture.php

All set for a couple more weeks. I've been experimenting with straw as mulch. It works well.
picture.php

A long time ago when I first started growing my own, I fell in love with a Critical Jack Herrer and have been growing it ever since. Over the years I started making a seed order every December because Attitude has a pretty good deal at that time. I would order female single seeds and could get 20 to 25 strains for about $125.

I started trying to figure out whether it was the Critical or the Jack Herrer that I liked so much. I ordered some of each from various breeders. I was more impressed with the Critical strains so I have spent the last couple of years growing out most of the critical strains that were around. I have liked almost everything that had some Critical in it.

This one is a Critical Neville's Haze 2.0 at 8 weeks. This is my first run with it. So far so good.

picture.php

picture.php

:canabis:

rocker

Wow, I thought your DB looked tasty, your Critical Nevile's Haze is even better, you are doing very fine work all around.

Latest posts

Latest posts