What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Distinguished and Nurtured Kind

TheBlaze

See that tip burn. SEE THAT TIP BURN!!!! LOL. In all reality though, I used that as an indicator for many years to see if I could feed heavier or not, especially in the earlier days of designing custom mixes.

That aside, this is the Snow Monkey that sexed male early. Think he's got a little bit of GG#4 in his expression??? This plant smells divine. He'll be kept around.

View Image

dank.Frank

I had to look hard to see the burn. I was about to post, "I can't see shit", but then...right there...at the bottom. Don't worry bro, I think they will survive. :biggrin:

Also... that infamous leaf twist. I've seen that before.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
Oh. Also. Stank Bros fans. I have been told a buddy who had stuff in the freezer got 7 and 8 of the BKGK Bx1 and FBPK to germinate no issues at all. And Lazy Lightning may not be lost after all. She's the only clone I'd take back at the current moment. :joint:

dank.Frank

:dance013::dance013::dance013:

antheis

Veteran
Oh. Also. Stank Bros fans. I have been told a buddy who had stuff in the freezer got 7 and 8 of the BKGK Bx1 and FBPK to germinate no issues at all. And Lazy Lightning may not be lost after all. She's the only clone I'd take back at the current moment.

dank.Frank
:dance013::dance013::dance013:

thanks for quoting this cause i totally missed it!

good news indeed.

White Beard

See that tip burn. SEE THAT TIP BURN!!!! LOL. In all reality though, I used that as an indicator for many years to see if I could feed heavier or not, especially in the earlier days of designing custom mixes.

dank.Frank
That’s even better than ‘where’s Waldo?’

Absolutely the most modest example...mighty fine looking plants!

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@WhiteBeard - Thanks! Let's hope that doesn't change over the next few weeks! In a soil bed isn't going to be as forgiving as containers, in terms of fixing any issues. In fact, the larger the volume, the more difficult it can be to correct an issue. Apply that thought to hundreds if not thousands of acres. Even just a single acre takes a lot of work if the goal is really soil restoration.

@insomniac AU - Thanks! I'll try to keep the content useful. I'm past due for a soil test. That data will spark a whole new conversation.

Time to prove she really exists. This is the warrior pheno. The lone survivor. The hero of dank.Frankenwitz, where all seeds were brought to die. :laughing: :comfort:

Chem Sister x Topanga Canyon Pure Kush :woohoo:

picture.php

I've earned this one! Let's all hope it's not a hermi. :biggrin:

dank.Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The SSH phenos have gone crazy once being put in the bed. Still under fluro, but 4 days and 5" of vertical growth on what I expect is the more cookie expression. She's getting taller, but her secondary branches are staying short and close to their mains. The more SSH expression is filling in with secondary branching more so than getting taller. She's put a on couple inches, but not like her sibling. The tallest is at 23" now, which is likely too tall to flower. I only have 4' from top of soil surface to maintain a 2' distance from the bulb. Using this as a basic parameter for now, until I actually dial this whole new system in.

The Suzy Q Bx2 is a much slower growing plant in comparison and she is is taking her sweet time. She needs to fill in much more before I flip anyway. I already have her cloned and backed up, so it's just selecting bending and pinching away at this point to focus her energy on the branches that are choosing to perform. She'll fill in more as she climbs vertically as well.

The SSH ladies are not backed up yet, so this rapid height gain isn't too awful. I'll take cuts which will set them back about 6-8". I'll give them a couple days after cutting to recover a bit, then I'll put them under the brighter CMH for a couple days, then it's time to flip these girls. I'm trying to keep it to one abiotic stress factor at a time, so decided to go against transplant and higher intensity lighting at the same time. Now that roots have spread into the bed soil, I could increase lighting, but I'll be cutting away 1/3 of their growth, which is stress enough, without the immediate increase in lighting.

I was hoping I'd get some flowers off the vines before 4/20, but it is looking less likely. I might have some of my very first CBD flowers though, which is cool! I could rush things along, but I'd rather wait a couple more weeks, and let things really be filled in and proper before flower. It'll the difference between pulling 2-3oz a plant and pulling 5-6. With months vested, a couple more weeks is irrelevant at this point.

dank.Frank

M

_mr.hendrix__

Chem Sister x Topanga Canyon Pure Kush
:blowbubbles:

dank.frank always with that exotic :peacock:

awesome shaka braddah :biggrin: keep up the good work!

nickman

Veteran
Sounds like things are moving along smoothly now...!!!...

I’m glad that that chem sis x Topanga pk pulled through for you...!!!...

I’ve got 6 bubba ain’t shit and 1 triple nova seedlings vegging away... they’re look8ng nice and healthy though...!!!... thanx . :tiphat: .

Can’t wait to see your bed in flower mode... you know what they say though, slow and steady wins the race...!!!...

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@mr.hendrix - I've been very fortunate to acquire some pretty great genes in my life, no doubt.

@nickman - I've never seen the Bubba Ain't Shit grown out. It'll be interesting to see what those hold, even though, Bubba tends to be rather dominant in expressions when out crossed. Hope you find something good. Glad to see the seeds getting grown. :respect:

I'm hoping all the extra effort and the dumb luck with the Sis x PK means it'll be an awesome pheno. It'll be easy to tell how it leans in veg based on growth because the TCPK grows like an OG.

The reason I bounced around a bit with the seed sprouting was for this exact reason. Sooner or later, some of these gems have to sprout. Just have to keep trying and be patient with them. I started the Chem Sis cross because this Snow Monkey male has a very apparent Chem Sis influence to it's leaves and having something to pair back to makes sense. I'll just keep playing around and eventually I'll have a unique harem again, all my own.

dank.Frank

genetic freaked

Veteran
Gotta love a good grow show with great detail. I wish I could provide detail like you DF

Looking forward to seeing this Snow Monkey male. Once I heard about that boy I axed the male I was keeping. He smelled like sour gummy worms.

Wait till you see these Snow Monkey females I have cooking

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Now, this male, as he is maturing and getting a bit older, has taken on some of the more Chem Sis dominant notes with the Blueberry still very strong on the back end.

It's almost just like GG#4 - except where glue has a sour note that envelopes it, this male has that same layered nuance, except it's blueberry. The leaves are showing some heavy Glue like traits, but double serrations are present and the leaves are still fatter... more indica influenced expression.

I've got a cut of the male rooted and I just took another 6. The rooted cut will be flowered out and pollen will be collected. I'll keep him around for a while though. I like his stank.

Looking forward to your girls. I'm sure they are going to frost like crazy if the leaves are any indication in veg.

dank.Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking good, G_F.

I'm a fairly lucky smoker, I'll admit. Everyone around the mag knows of my quest for "Monkey Paw" and/or banana smelling cannabis. I had arranged to get the Chiquita Banana cut a few years back but it fell through. Then those that had her suddenly got quiet and I pushed it to the back of my mind.

Fast forward a few years, F.A.M. hooks me up with a couple ounces of some light dep CB. :respect: It's okay flower. I've had much worse, but I've also had better. It certainly doesn't taste anything remotely like banana. I'm disappointed, but at least can mark it off the list. However, I'm not salty. I did find 4 seeds in the mix. One was premature and the other 3 I kept. Can't complain about finding bagseed in a cut that has been locked down. We'll sprout those eventually.

Flowering did start a few days ago. The 2 x 315 put out a PERFECT light spread in the space. I was worried about canopy penetration with these lights since day 1 and I can finally say that is no longer a concern. I was worried about 12" max depth into the canopy and instead I'm seeing more like 2.5-3ft. I don't think I'll be having any issues with larf in this box.

I am seeing about an 8-10 degree temperature increase with both lamps running and a simple 6" exhaust with passive intake. I was expecting to see more along the lines of a 15-25 degree increase, like I have become accustom to with other HID lamps. Again, I'm very pleased with the CMH in this regard.

I'm using Grower's Choice 3K-R bulbs right now and the spectrum is quite nice. Certainly not as red as an HPS, but without question this isn't blue light. It's nearly impossible to tell the lights are on if sunlight is also present. It's nearly the exact same spectrum it seems. This was one of the biggest factors that influenced my purchasing decision, and again, I'm quite pleased with what I'm seeing.

Keep in mind, these are all environmental observations. It'll all come down to the quality of the flowers at the end of the day. It's all that matters.

Next time I post a few pictures, you'll be surprised how much things have filled in. The first screen needs to go on actually or else we are going to have some serious flopping issues come cola season.

Thanks to everyone for following along. Sorry for the lull in content. It's just that time of cycle.

dank.Frank

nickman

Veteran
What up Frank, sounds like things are going good...

Glad you finally got them girls into flower... that’s AWSOME penatration from a 630 watt... 3k-R... what’s the R stand for...?... I only ever hear good reviews on those CMH lights...

I didn’t know you were in search of Banana flavor weed...
That sucks you never got that cut... I was interested in that cut as well when she first became popular... knowing I’d NEVER get her...

Don’t you hate it when people tell you something like “yeah, I’ll send you this or that cut” , but then it never happens... I was told years ago that I would be sent or would meet up to get the GG#4 cut but it never happened...!!!... I’m not mad about it, life happens and other things get into the way...

Then I finally do get some elite cuts sent my way by a good dude from the mag and I ended up killing them all when I dipped them all into SMITE... because I thought I saw a mite so I was just trying to be on the safe side... they didn’t like being dipped in that shit...!!!...

You live and learn...!!!... someday I’ll get another shot with her...!!!...

Goats

What up Frank, sounds like things are going good...

Glad you finally got them girls into flower... that’s AWSOME penatration from a 630 watt... 3k-R... what’s the R stand for...?... I only ever hear good reviews on those CMH lights...

I didn’t know you were in search of Banana flavor weed...
That sucks you never got that cut... I was interested in that cut as well when she first became popular... knowing I’d NEVER get her...

Don’t you hate it when people tell you something like “yeah, I’ll send you this or that cut” , but then it never happens... I was told years ago that I would be sent or would meet up to get the GG#4 cut but it never happened...!!!... I’m not mad about it, life happens and other things get into the way...

Then I finally do get some elite cuts sent my way by a good dude from the mag and I ended up killing them all when I dipped them all into SMITE... because I thought I saw a mite so I was just trying to be on the safe side... they didn’t like being dipped in that shit...!!!...

You live and learn...!!!... someday I’ll get another shot with her...!!!...

i believe the R stands for 'red'.

genetic freaked

Veteran
Looking forward to seeing those SSH under the double lights!

You’ve been talking about Monkey Paw for years. Glad you locked some down. Could be the grow didn’t go great which is why it was just ok.
But the fact that you found 3 seeds is awesome!!

@nickname I know the feeling. I was gifted some amazing rare elite clones and couldn’t get any but the GG4 to root. Was a huge disappointment. But what’s ment to be is ment to be.

DF taught me that elites aren’t everything and there’s always something better to be found in seed. Since then I’m off the elite train. Unless it’s LL lol

Latest posts

Latest posts