What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

By the Danube - Panama Haze, Queen Mother and Peyote Purple

yoss33

Veteran
Thanks, guys! About 2/3 of the Panama Haze is gone, but that's inevitable to happen to such big plants without serious support and winds of above 100 km/h. This year we had unusually many storms, some with hail stones, some just winds without much raining like this one. And I'm afraid to put more support as the top of this plant is visible from a road some 70 meters away. It must look like a wild bush.
I don't know if this is the global worming in effect and it's going to be like that (or worse) next years, it seems I'll have to start my seeds (at least for this spot) later in the season for a smaller plant, no point in getting this big.

Some photos follow. I didn't have time to take closeups of Peyote Purple #1, next time...

Panama Haze
picture.php

picture.php

Queen Mother
picture.php

picture.php

Koondense

Veteran
Gutted to see such a plant put in such state by the storms :(
Maybe a useful reminder tip for next year - apply lst, multiple top and scrog for a wide bush with better stability, access and stealth.

Queen mother looks great, hopefully not too pollinated.
Peyote frost is mouth watering...

Take care

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi yoss,

I'm sorry to hear about the bad weather lately there, and about the loss of 2/3 parts of your Panama Haze, really sad to hear it. Based on your previous seasons experience at your climate i think tropical sativas of more than 3 months of flowering and that react slow to start the flowering under your photoperiod are not suitable for your climate.

Looks like Peyote Purple and Queen Mother or other strains with similar flowering times and similar reaction to flowering outdoors are much better choices in your case.

Wish you have the best weather as possible for the rest of the flowering.

yoss33

Veteran
Hi there, people!

Hi
It's very nice, weldone.
Do you think your purple peyolt become purple or black? it's green pheno or it's earlier ?
I don't know if they'll purple... we'll see :) The weather has been very warm, but the forecasts are for a temperature drop (not dramatic but still) after several days, so maybe then the colors will come.

Gutted to see such a plant put in such state by the storms :(
Maybe a useful reminder tip for next year - apply lst, multiple top and scrog for a wide bush with better stability, access and stealth.

Queen mother looks great, hopefully not too pollinated.
Peyote frost is mouth watering...

Take care
Yes, topping several times will surely make a stronger plant, but honestly, I'd like to watch the natural shape of every strain rather than the same bush every year. If I needed the yield, yes, but I don't :) Harvesting enough every year and having a nice stash, I just like to watch how plants grow on that spot. Watch, ponder on the small details, rub, smell, listen to the birds and smoke... the pleasure of growing in the nature :) I try to keep it simple and natural, not to "over-do" it, because what I have is more than enough...

Hi yoss,

I'm sorry to hear about the bad weather lately there, and about the loss of 2/3 parts of your Panama Haze, really sad to hear it. Based on your previous seasons experience at your climate i think tropical sativas of more than 3 months of flowering and that react slow to start the flowering under your photoperiod are not suitable for your climate.

Looks like Peyote Purple and Queen Mother or other strains with similar flowering times and similar reaction to flowering outdoors are much better choices in your case.

Wish you have the best weather as possible for the rest of the flowering.
Sure the climate better suits Peyote Purple, but climate cannot stop a sativa lover from trying :) The mid-late-October sativas (like Panama and Zamaldelica) also do great here. Even though the longest-flowering sativas cannot mature, I still like the high of early-harvested Purple Haze x Thai (have some curing since 2014) and the long-flowering pheno of Jarilla de Sinaloa (2016), I like them more than most Panama and Zamaldelica phenos, more than the phenos of Guatemala, Tikal and Bangi Haze I've tried. I like how sharp, clean and in the same time deep the long-flowering ones are. I'll keep trying ;)
It's funny but I didn't like the high of PHaze x Thai in the beginning, it was a bit too nervous (taken too early...), but after 2 years in the jar, it's much better - very clean and stimulating. It tastes a bit grassy, you think it's weak and smoke more and then you get very high for a long time.
Last year's Jarilla was extremely weak in the beginning, to the point of not getting me high, even getting me back to normal if I have smoked something else before than... and now after a year, it has a very clean and sharp effect which I enjoy in the mornings but what is impressing about it is when it's mixed with other weed - it completely transforms it, giving a lot of sharpness and emotions.

yoss33

Veteran
Some closeups of the Peyotes and the Queen follow. PP#1 and PP#2 now have almost the same smell, it seems PP#1 was just a bit slower in developing it. Now both smell of overripe pineapple with musky background. PP#2 reeks of it - the plant, as small as it is, can be smelled from far in the windy direction.
The Queen Mother continues to have all its leaves (even the new very small ones) with dying dots (Ca deficiency?). This usually happens when I water with cold tap water, but I've been taking the effort to bring bottles with non-cold water the last month to all 4 plants, yet the Queen continues to have its leaves unhappy. Maybe it doesn't like drying too much every few days? I water well (20 liters at a time), but when I get back after 2-3 days, the soil is dry as dust and the plant is droopy. With all these sick leaves, it probably won't produce a lot of flowers, but I'm happy that the flowers smell divine - without touching they smell like fresh fruits (again mostly pineapple), and when touched - the smell is complex and delicious like perfume.

Peyote Purple #1
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

yoss33

Veteran
picture.php

Queen Mother
picture.php

picture.php

The following photo is of a bud that you can also see shot in the previous update. No new flowers produced.
picture.php

picture.php

yoss33

Veteran
The Peyotes are starting to purple, but we'll not see how purple Peyote Purple#2 can get because I decided to harvest it and it was done today. It could stay some more time, the plant is healthy and happy, but its smell is starting to diminish and most pistils are brown. The early samples of a broken branch of PP#1 I recently tried were quite stony and I don't want to let PP#2 (the faster flowering of the two) to mature and become very stony. The yield will not be much, but I'm very happy that the plant did pretty well after the hail storm and had great sunny and warm 40 days of flowering.
I also had a small taste of PP#2, a small sun-dried-on-the-plant bud, its stem eaten by a caterpillar (the only one I found and the only damaged bud on the plant). It was very lemony in smell and the effect was more uplifting and clean than the samples of PP#1 even though the PP#2 bud was 2 weeks more mature.

Peyote Purple #2
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And a close-up from a photo taken a few days ago:
picture.php

yoss33

Veteran
The following photos of PP#1 and QM were also taken 3-4 days ago.

Peyote Purple #1
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

yoss33

Veteran
Queen Mother
I've tried small samples on a few occasions and they were quite impressing - very tasty, actually more flavorful than the Peyotes, and the effect is strong and focused, definitely African type of weed. It's more potent than expected, also more dirty, but maybe that's because it's not cured. I've also tried the QM plant I gave to a friend to grow on a balcony (QM #3), this plant was just harvested because of being watched by too many eyes from other balconies, heh... it's more chunky (like the QM pheno Baduy showed on the previous page) and it's effect is somewhat more relaxed.

My plant still has a way to go:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Yoss33, Nice looking plants, some very frosty ladies! I hope you enjoy all that smoke. Peace

yoss33

Veteran
Thank you, people!
The weather continues to be nice, actually it has been a great season for all early-flowering strains, just as for the wine grapes. The Panama Haze is finally joining the flowering party. The other 2 Panama Haze plants, that were given to friends, have started to flower a bit earlier than mine, one of my friends says his plant's top buds already smell. All 3 of our plants have sudden massive flowering style, like Panama, and unlike Haze and Ace's Thai x Haze, which enter flowering little by little.

Panama Haze
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

yoss33

Veteran
Hey there, people!
Today I harvested Peyote Purple #1 and Queen Mother! :dance013:
They could go some longer but we'll have 2 days of rains after 3 days and since I might have to go on a business trip next week, I decided to chop. Both plants have their tops looking as if they will need at least 2 more weeks, both (reflowering?) with fresh new pistils, while the lower buds look more "finished".
The early samples of QM were more speedy and "african" than the last ones, which are more chill and confusing. I don't want it even more so, and the weed is already powerful enough.
The PP looked surprisingly fresh, all fat tops covered in new pistils like a month ago. The old flower buried somewhere in the resin. These buds wanted to get even fatter, but they were too big and dense to risk 2 days of rain. The smell became more "dark", earthy and coffee. The latest samples are even more relaxed than the first, definitely more "indica" in effect compared to PP#2, which is somewhat more clear and mental. Interestingly, the "indica" PP#1 flowers quite longer than the "sativa" PP#2.

I had time to take only the following photos from the harvest:

Peyote Purple #1
30% clear, 60% semi-cloudy, 10% milky, a few damaged amber trichomes
picture.php

picture.php

And a zoom-up from that same photo:
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts