What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

By the Danube - Panama Haze, Queen Mother and Peyote Purple

yoss33

Veteran
Hello Ace people!

I'll be growing outdoors a few plants from seeds bought from the Ace site and this thread will be the grow diary. Also, it will be great if people with photos and info on these strains join and share them here, so we can compare the phenos.
My garden is at 44 degrees north, close to the southest point of the Danube river. Climate is moderate continental, with Mediterranean influence. Hot and dry summer, not very wet and cold autumn. Soil is fertile Chernozem ("black earth").
I'll be growing 2 sativa and 2 indica plants, the most sativa looking plant will grow on my property, the other 3 - in a deserted property nearby.

The strains:
Panama Haze (by Ace Seeds) - 3 feminized seeds started with the goal to select one.
Queen Mother (by Original Delicatessen) - 3 feminized seeds started with the goal to select one.
Peyote Purple (by Cannabiogen) - 2 standard seeds started and both will be transplanted outdoors.

The other plants (2 PHs and 2 QMs) will be given away to two friends, one will grow his plants on a balcony, the other - guerrilla style.
Seeds were started on the 19th of March and all sprouted within 4 days.

G

Good luck yoss!Would love to see some big gals from you again!:)

I got one Queen mother in the last weeks of flowering ,seems she will need about 10-11 weeks with reduced photoperiod.

yoss33

Veteran
Panama Haze #1
The tallest one, with the most Haze-looking pale leaves and thinnest stem. Stem smell is fruity/flowery, a mix of citric fruits and softer smells.
picture.php

Panama Haze #2
Also tall, but with slightly fatter leaves and stem. The top of this plant, as small as it is, reeks of coffee & sweet earth as a most proper indica. The rubbed stem smell is typical of Panama - I'll describe it as sweet rubber (PVC beach ball). This plant smells more than all the other plants in the grow box combined.
picture.php

Panama Haze #3
The shortest of the 3, with nice citrus smell (mandarine) of the stem.
picture.php

yoss33

Veteran
Queen Mother #1
Somewhat fat dark-green leaves and stem covered in hairy trichomes. Stem smell is citric (orange and mandarine).
picture.php

Queen Mother #2
Tallest of the 3, with lighter-green color. Smell is more sharp/citric than the other 2 and in the same time has a sweet flowery note in the background.
picture.php

Queen Mother #3
Shortest of the 3, with dark-green leaves, like #1's, but thinner. Smell is again mandarine/orange.
picture.php

yoss33

Veteran
Peyote Purple #1
Medium-short, with fat dark indica leaves. Weak branching. No stem smell, but I find this typical for young Peyote Purple plants, unlike other "kush" strains that reek from the earliest age.
picture.php

Peyote Purple #2
Surprisingly-stretchy for an indica, with good branching. Leaves are thinner than #1's, but just as dark. Very weak rubbery and hashy stem smell.
picture.php

yoss33

Veteran
Good luck yoss!Would love to see some big gals from you again!:)

I got one Queen mother in the last weeks of flowering ,seems she will need about 10-11 weeks with reduced photoperiod.

Thanks! :) I actually hope the Queen Mother I'll select is a longer-flowering one, with a slower start of flowering, so as to miss being pollinated by the wild hemp plants that flower in August.

Koondense

Veteran
Hi yoss33, great start of the season!
Subbed

*my picks - P/H#2, QM#2, PP#2 could be a male, if so, please save it somehow!

Cheers

baduy

Hi yoss33.
I'm also growing QM outdoor this season,grew it two years ago and she didn't trigger flowering too early, but once started she was fast enough. No wild hemp stray pollen where I live so can't say for sure..
Subbed
Have a great season.

yoss33

Veteran
Thank you for the nice words, people! :tiphat:

Nice strain selection
Good luck for your season
When is your first freeze?

Usually it's some time in November :) First morning frosts can be in late October, but the really bad weather usually starts in the second half of November.
I've grown a Haze (Nirvana's version) that handled the cold mornings very well, as if they didn't exist. Hope the Haze x Panama hybrid is as cold-resistant.

orfeas

Veteran
Hi yoss!
Immaculate seedlings and challenging strains as always, a telltale of what's gonna come... :)

:tiphat:Orpheus

RizlaMan

Hello yoss33,

I have been following your grows since 2012. I wish you success this year.

Could you please remind us all of your light setup for your seedlings? They are always so lush and vigorous.

yoss33

Veteran
Hi yoss!
Immaculate seedlings and challenging strains as always, a telltale of what's gonna come... :)

:tiphat:Orpheus
Hi, man! :) Actually I think I'm playing safe with these strains.. I even selected the most Haze plant from the Panama Hazes, so that we can watch something more interesting and exotic :)

Hello yoss33,

I have been following your grows since 2012. I wish you success this year.

Could you please remind us all of your light setup for your seedlings? They are always so lush and vigorous.
Hello! And thank you :)
I use 2 x 50W cool white (6000K) LED diodes for the seedlings. I've tried with 200W (in 2013), the plants grow faster, but are also more hungry and hard to keep healthy in cups, 100W seems just fine. I use a mix of peat and worm castings (50% to 50%) and feed with very little of common NPK (mostly N) fertilizer. If I feed more, they would grow faster but again, it's just easier, for me and for the plants, to not push too hard.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome back yoss :)

It's always a pleasure to see every season your beautiful outdoor plants.
Best wishes with the grow and selections!

yoss33

Veteran
Thanks for the wishes, people! :)

Yesterday I transplanted the selected plants PH#1, QM#2, PP#1 and PP#2 outdoors. The Panama Haze is at the best spot, in my backyard, with more sun hours per day and better soil. The other 3 plants are in a neighboring deserted property. PP#2 is at the most shady spot, with nice soil. PP#1 and QM#2 are at spots with good sun exposure but not good soil - compacted and full of tree roots, each plant has only about 15 liters of cleaned soil, mixed with about 10 liters of worm castings and some perlite.
I selected the most "sativa" looking ones from the Panama Haze and Queen Mother to grow.
The faint growing tip smell (sweet, cat piss and hash) and very flexible main stem of PH#1 is right what I expect from Haze, and although the leaves are fatter and with stronger serration due to the Panama influence, I still think this plant is enough "Hazy" for me :) The hard stems, fatter leaves and Panama smell of the other 2 plants suggest that in this hybrid the Panama parent dominates. Only the internodal distance is rather long for Panama. Of course, I'll have yet to check the most important - the high.

I gave PH#2 and QM#1 to a friend, who'll be growing them guerilla style, and PH#3 and QM#3 - to another friend, who'll grow them on a balcony. I guess I'll have some photos at least from the ones on the balcony, and hopefully, something to try in the autumn.

My plants before going outdoors (from left to right: PP#1, PP#2, QM#2, PH#1):
picture.php

picture.php

yoss33

Veteran
And here are the plants in their new outdoor homes..

Panama Haze #1
picture.php

picture.php

Queen Mother #2, among the lilacs:
picture.php

Peyote Purple #1
picture.php

Peyote Purple #2
picture.php

yoss33

Veteran
A quick update after a rainy week. No photos of the QM and PP#2 because they can't be distinguished from the surrounding vegetation on the photos I took.

Panama Haze
Hybrid structure, big preflowers, good start outdoors.
picture.php

And a small sprout from a seed from previous years' grows. Most probably Zamaldelica x hemp, judging by the curvy leave serration, same as Zamaldelica's. If it's a male I could let it pollinate some preflowers of the Panama Haze, I guess a combo of Zamaldelica x hemp has a high chance of auto-flowering during summer.
picture.php

Peyote Purple
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts