What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

3000W of COBS 8x8 with ethos collective and exotic genetix

Desert Hydro

Veteran
metsäkana was going around letting people know of hermie issues with exotic genetix in all their threads. At first i kind of wrote him off, but i am sad to say that he is right. im still going through all my plants to see how many are affected. ive pulled one big nice plant and all of its clones so far. i am hoping it is just the one and the rest are fine. right after buying the seeds that strain is discontinued...... i wonder why?? lol

this isnt really a shot at exotic or anything but i figured i would keep an honest and mostly unbiased review going here. i will update later tonight when i have combed through all the exotic plants.

Exotic Genetix "future" hermied? I didn't know it was discontinued.. Damn I got 2 packs of it laying around, hopefully its just the one plant...

Desert Hydro

Veteran
well god damn! all of the exotic genetix plants are hermies lol!! im not happy but im not all that pissed either. life goes on. i hope they arent too virile lol. i just poured myself a glass of tequila on the rocks to drown my sorrows :)

i had started pulling them when i was hoping it was just the one plant but when i realized it was 70% of the crop i said FUCK IT and let it ride haha. BEANS FOR EVERYONE :)

if a hermie pollinates another plant does that mean they will most likely show hermie traits themselves?

so far it looks like the exotic freebie is clean, but we shall see. all of the ethos collective gear seamed fine, but im super paranoid now lol. i pulled all the exotic moms and cleared some space in the veg tent which was an unforeseen bonus. all is well. i still expect this shit to be fire when its done. no more exotic genetix for me...

enough with the tequila rant. here are the pictures of the new setup rocking it :)

Attachments

• IMG_1702.JPG
    IMG_1702.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1703.JPG
    IMG_1703.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1705.jpg
    IMG_1705.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 19

Desert Hydro

Veteran
35 days in the books

Attachments

• IMG_1713.jpg
    IMG_1713.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1710.JPG
    IMG_1710.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1709.JPG
    IMG_1709.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 12

positivity

Veteran
well god damn! all of the exotic genetix plants are hermies lol!! im not happy but im not all that pissed either. life goes on. i hope they arent too virile lol. i just poured myself a glass of tequila on the rocks to drown my sorrows :)

i had started pulling them when i was hoping it was just the one plant but when i realized it was 70% of the crop i said FUCK IT and let it ride haha. BEANS FOR EVERYONE :)

if a hermie pollinates another plant does that mean they will most likely show hermie traits themselves?

so far it looks like the exotic freebie is clean, but we shall see. all of the ethos collective gear seamed fine, but im super paranoid now lol. i pulled all the exotic moms and cleared some space in the veg tent which was an unforeseen bonus. all is well. i still expect this shit to be fire when its done. no more exotic genetix for me...

enough with the tequila rant. here are the pictures of the new setup rocking it :)

Lol, funny I posted the same thing on my facebook account...I love Tequila

Desert Hydro

Veteran
still chugging along nicely. learning to flush weekly with half strength nutes to keep the salts from building up too much. im starting to dial down the N a tiny bit since they are dark green right now. other than that all is well. got some ocean grown ninja fruit on the way that im super excited for. theres not any room in my flower area for my dog cage to get moved into flower so they are gonna get vegged for three more weeks until the first round gets chopped.

EcoNepenthe

Great setup and grow. Lights would have been a little lower for me. Nice how you're dealing w/the situation. COBs rock.
Stay safe!!!
Success w/ya grow!!! :canabis:

Desert Hydro

Veteran
Great setup and grow. Lights would have been a little lower for me. Nice how you're dealing w/the situation. COBs rock.
Stay safe!!!
Success w/ya grow!!! :canabis:

i will lower them down a little more. heres a few updated shots. the moms are flushing at the moment. i will pull them in a few days. the SOGlings will get flushed starting tonight. the new canopy is at about week three. gonna scrog them up in the next few days

Attachments

• IMG_1794.jpg
    IMG_1794.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1793.jpg
    IMG_1793.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1791.jpg
    IMG_1791.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1790.JPG
    IMG_1790.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1789.jpg
    IMG_1789.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 13
M

metsäkana

looking good =) how would you rate those cobs vs hps 1/10? if you have time please sqiish 1g of cob grown nug to rosin and show pic im kind of rosin addict i need still save money to buy proper press but with hair straigtner i could get 25% from best strains.. some dont give shit like 10% but squishit =)

Desert Hydro

Veteran
looking good =) how would you rate those cobs vs hps 1/10? if you have time please sqiish 1g of cob grown nug to rosin and show pic im kind of rosin addict i need still save money to buy proper press but with hair straigtner i could get 25% from best strains.. some dont give shit like 10% but squishit =)

fuck buying one! build it!! i just found a diy video from greengenes707 and you can build it for about 250-300 with the press included. im almost done with mine. i will be pressing tomorrow! :)

Attachments

• IMG_1796.JPG
    IMG_1796.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1797.JPG
    IMG_1797.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1798.jpg
    IMG_1798.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1799.jpg
    IMG_1799.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 12

Desert Hydro

Veteran

its still too early to tell on the COB v HID debate. i know that i like them so far. i know that they do good work but these are untested genetics for me so its hard to say. gonna run some of my chem d cookies that i have run before so i can get a good test of them.

i will press something ASAP

Desert Hydro

Veteran
finished rig. it looks professional :) with everything included you can do it for about 300. that includes press, plates, drill bits, tap, electronics etc. EVERYTHING. all you need to do is drill the holes in the aluminum and wire everything up. one of my heaters was faulty and didnt work but they were only about 3$ each so no biggie.

Attachments

• IMG_1810.JPG
    IMG_1810.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 17

Desert Hydro

Veteran
stacking hard under the COBs :)

Attachments

• IMG_1803.jpg
    IMG_1803.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1804.jpg
    IMG_1804.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1805.JPG
    IMG_1805.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1806.JPG
    IMG_1806.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1807.JPG
    IMG_1807.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 12

~star~crash~

i'm an hps guy...we hear a ton about led's these days

is there a lot of hanging going on to accommodate your light set up?...do you find the fixtures take up a lot of space? seems like they do grow good flower ...nice work!

Desert Hydro

Veteran
i'm an hps guy...we hear a ton about led's these days

is there a lot of hanging going on to accommodate your light set up?...do you find the fixtures take up a lot of space? seems like they do grow good flower ...nice work!

not sure what you mean by hanging? my fixtures measure 41x41 and easily cover a 4x4 if not a little more with 600-800w at the wall. im honestly not seeing any difference between my 600w panels and my 800w panels. i may tune them all down to 600w to save some warmth but who knows.

the next think on my agenda is to air cool my LEDs by mounting everything inside my old hoods. i will replace the glass with 1/8" aluminum and mount the heatsinks and ballast inside. ive got like 15 magnum XXXL's in storage and one raptor. gonna put either 5 in an "X" pattern, 3 rows of 2 or 3 rows of 3. im still undecided until i see how they will fit with the bulky heatsinks in there. i might do as few as possible and crank the wattage since they will have a ton of airflow cooling them very efficiently and removing it from the grow room.

i would like to get a hold of some quantum boards but they seem to be permanently out of stock lol. they are so low profile i could mount as many as i wanted inside of a hood and air cool them extremely easily. i may switch over in the future. who knows.

i am gonna pull these plants down in the next couple days. gonna go check the trichs right now. wish me luck :)

Desert Hydro

Veteran
trichs are ready. gonna pull on my next evening off. heres a sleepy time shot of the new genetics. the monster in the front left is an ethos collective citral flo.

Attachments

• IMG_1814.JPG
    IMG_1814.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 13

Latest posts

Latest posts