Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > House of Love Seed Co > my blue vixen grow

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Real Gorilla Seeds
my blue vixen grow Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-10-2016, 09:42 PM #31
antheis

antheis is just really niceantheis is just really niceantheis is just really niceantheis is just really niceantheis is just really niceantheis is just really niceantheis is just really niceantheis is just really niceantheis is just really niceantheis is just really niceantheis is just really nice
i've been thinking about how these two would mash up. hopefully bring down flower time and node stretch. that male is very branchy like i assume cj is, but large leaves like on sb. some of the leaves have double serrations on some blades. and he reeks of body odor and skunk farts. and all the cuts are in the stacking phase of flower. so if the sacs open and i get careless, i think i could have pounds of seeds. would a net over the male keep most pollen quarantined?
antheis is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-13-2016, 05:06 PM #32
mugenbao

Body odor and skunk farts, lol

I don't think a net is going to help much. Last time I left CJxSB males in the main tent, the pollen coverage was so outrageous that it collected on every surface available. I had to take apart lighting fixtures to vacuum out the insides, lol. It got inside everything, every tiny little opening might as well have been a barn door as far as that pollen was concerned

Most of the time, if I don't have another place to grow out the males by themselves I will chop them before they release pollen and put them in water until the pollen starts dropping, then collect it on glass or paper like Chimera outlines in this thread. By doing that, I now have enough pollen stored to last me for years, from several different varieties.

Old 12-13-2016, 07:18 PM #33
antheis

antheis is just really niceantheis is just really niceantheis is just really niceantheis is just really niceantheis is just really niceantheis is just really niceantheis is just really niceantheis is just really niceantheis is just really niceantheis is just really niceantheis is just really nice
I had pretty much the same thoughts about pollen and already chopped the male and have cuts in water waiting for the sacs to open. he was actually starting to smell fruity.

the BV is actually looking to old to pollinate with pistils turning brown and harvest date is less than 4 weeks away.
antheis is offline Quote

Old 12-13-2016, 10:21 PM #34
mugenbao

Quote:
Originally Posted by antheis View Post
the BV is actually looking to old to pollinate with pistils turning brown and harvest date is less than 4 weeks away.
Probably true. That's unfortunate. At least you'll have that pollen available for whenever a good opportunity presents itself

Old 12-30-2016, 04:03 PM #35
antheis

I never did get any pollen from that male. I got skittish and and killed him too early before sacs were developed enough to make pollen but not yet open.
I'm about to chop two for that energetic high
and leave the rest to fatten up and be some really good after work weed. my room smells just like a diaper with a nice fresh load in it. I just changed one that had the whole house gagging and I'm sitting here thinking how good it smelled. :shrug:
antheis is offline Quote

Old 01-08-2017, 04:37 PM #36
antheis

good news! I managed to get a cut to root. Lenore lives!
antheis is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.