What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My first grow. Bubba Kush, Cinderella 99, Master Kush, and Sour Diesel

RalphWiley

Things are moving along nicely with the grow, did a bit of trimming today and took some pics. I'm at six weeks now... the original plan was to harvest at eight, which means I should begin flushing now, but I'm inclined to give them another full week of nutes since they still seem to be growing. I'll inspect trichs tonight or tomorrow to get a better idea on where I stand.

Here's a pic of the flowering area, although it's hard to distinguish individual plants anymore.
Back Row (Left to Right): Sour Diesel, Master Kush, Sour Diesel
Front Row (Left to Right) Cinderella 99, Bubba Kush, Master Kush

And my veg cabinet, much cleaner after tossing a few clones.
Back row (Left to Right): Humbolt Snow (aka SnoCap), Bubba Kush, Trainwreck
Front Row (Left to Right): Master Kush, Sour Diesel, Trainwreck

In other news (as I stated in another thread), my S.O. recently found a bean in a bag of some very exclusive, impossible to find Kush. I've attempted growing from seed a couple times and only had luck once (about 10 years ago, before I knew anything about light cycles or plant gender), so wish me luck!

RalphWiley

Here's the latest pic, day 53.

I've begun flushing the plants in preparation for harvest. The Cinderella 99 and the Bubba Kush never really developed, I expect they should've received more light early in flower. The buds still look nice, but the plants are small and relatively low yield. The master kushes are both doing well, with lots of flowers and some decent sized colas. The real stars of the show, however, are the sour diesels. These plants are huge, with big buds sprouting wherever they can.

In preparation for my first harvest, I clipped a cola from the master kush and now have it hanging to dry. In the process of trimming, I lost two small flowers. I know everyone says not to quick cure weed, but it was barely two bowls worth and I was extremely curious. After about 20 minutes in the oven @ 150 (f), they were smoked. I have to say, I was impressed! Nice high (a little more of a head high than the finished product, but that's to be expected), and although the taste lacked complexity it wasn't unpleasant. Really can't wait 'til these girls finish up!

T

THCV

nice start, ralph. excellent strain selection; stick with those same strains for a few cycles and you'll get'em dialed in--both cindy and bubba can be great yielders if done right. grow on, broseph!

RalphWiley

Sorry for the lack of updates, I've been pretty busy lately.

The plants have been chopped and are currently in various states of cure. Yields were unimpressive with the exception of the sour diesel, the next round are just starting flower and are getting snugged up next to the HPS. I'll also be implementing a scrog to maximize even lighting and multiple large colas.

I'll update this thread again once I've got a final tally, but all in all my first grow has definitely been a learning experience. I have a lot better idea of what to do next time around, and am taking great joy in smoking herb that I grew with my own hands.

RalphWiley

Got everything trimmed, dried, and weighed. Unfortunately there was a minor incident in which things fell, losing a bit of bud to the dustbuster and mixing the Bubba Kush in with the Sour Diesel. The Sour Diesel was by far the biggest yielder, with almost an ounce per plant. The master kush (two plants) gave up a little over a half ounce, and the c99 about a third.

Not the yields I was shooting for, but as I said I learned a lot, and there's plenty enough for personal use until my next grow is finished. The quality of the buds is all excellent, definitely some of the best I've ever smoked. The taste is also way above most of the stuff I've purchased commercially.

Thanks for all the encouragement through my first grow! I just took clones off of the plants in my second grow, and will get another thread started up in the near future.

RalphWiley

Finally got some pictures of the finished product.

Here's the Sour Diesel...

Here's the Master Kush...

And the Cinderella 99.

Great smoke, thanks to everyone for their feedback and well wishes! Feel free to visit my second grow.

Latest posts

Latest posts