What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

When to start with bloom nutrients

Sativan

I've never read the proposed best time to use bloom nutes during the flip from 18/6 to 12/12.
I could start them as soon as I flip to 12/12,
Or should I wait until the plant shows its sex?

If I start using the bloom nutes immediately do they help to bring about flowering sooner? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks y'all.

X

xavier7995

Lots of people run veg nutes for a week or two after the flip as that profile better fits the growth going on during stretch. I buy into that thinking, the plant itself is growing a bunch rather than the flowers/fruits.

I have also seen people say to give a pk boost at the start of flower to encourage quicker sexing and bud set formations. I don't really think that makes sense and don't do it, but it could be credible as I have seen it from multiple sources.

Sativan

Lots of people run veg nutes for a week or two after the flip as that profile better fits the growth going on during stretch. I buy into that thinking, the plant itself is growing a bunch rather than the flowers/fruits.

I have also seen people say to give a pk boost at the start of flower to encourage quicker sexing and bud set formations. I don't really think that makes sense and don't do it, but it could be credible as I have seen it from multiple sources.

I do the PK boost and it seems to work fine. I use Humboldt Nutrients BIG UP powder for my PK boost, and at the end of flowering.

Thanks dude!

Azeotrope

Veteran
In coco, I don't change anything other than backing down the calcium nitrate a little bit. Bloom Boosters are snake oil

Mudraya

Usually start adding a mild booster at the start of week 3, normal strength week 4-6 on an 8 weeker. Years ago I didn't add boosters and had good results, when I started using them I got even better results. I don't know how anyone could call that snake oil. I could go by feel and intuition and do ok, but when I started listening to professionals and people with excellent results I got better results. The term "snake oil" is the biggest snake oil of them all.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Depends on the strain and how you are growing it, fine tuning things like this are what "dialing in" a strain is all about. You want to run it down in Nitrogen toward the end of flowering before you flush, the EC you run, or the richness of your soil, affects what you are putting into flower and when you should switch.