What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Florida Growing on the Flat Earth

3snowboards

Good thread
30th parallel runs right through the Florida pan handle
picture.php

St. Phatty

Had to look that up -

how flat is Florida ?

pretty fvcking flat. No ski areas.

"Florida's highest point, Britton Hill, rises to 345 feet (105 m) above sea level in the Florida Panhandle."

CannaFunk

Yeah its definitely flat, im at 26 degrees little farther south than the panhandle, Hot AF and HUMID beyond belief.

Im planning on growing Sativas and Haze variants as soon as I have space for popping the beans and finding the proper seedbanks to do the work.

So far considering

ACE
Bodhi
Gage Green
Coastal
Equilibrium
Emerald Mountain Genetics
Illuminati Seeds

Any suggestions for Sativas that ya'll would like to see fully grown out regardless of flower time 20+weeks are fine.

Any recommendations for mold resistant strains is appreciated its 90-100% humidity here and I seem to need a greenhouse to fend off the elements :p

Last edited:

Buckeyebandit

Yeah its definitely flat, im at 26 degrees little farther south than the panhandle, Hot AF and HUMID beyond belief.

Im planning on growing Sativas and Haze variants as soon as I have space for popping the beans and finding the proper seedbanks to do the work.

So far considering

ACE
Bodhi
Gage Green
Coastal
Equilibrium
Emerald Mountain Genetics
Illuminati Seeds

Any suggestions for Sativas that ya'll would like to see fully grown out regardless of flower time 20+weeks are fine.

Any recommendations for mold resistant strains is appreciated its 90-100% humidity here and I seem to nned a greenhouse to fend off the elements :p

i am at 28 degrees and the heat and humidity is relentless to say the least. i have grown hso's chemdog with out issue's. rez's sour d ibl had a little mold in the end but for the most part handled it.

as far as ace you can't go wrong. i have grown there purple haze x malawi, malawi, bangi haze reg. with out issue

be interesting to see how some of the list of breeders you put up would do here in the sub tropics as we need more breeders to test these elements.

i do have hawaiian sativa (federation) and hawaiian spice from breeders retail for next season and might x them together as these should be winners hands down. going to repro the hawaiian sat any way for the masses :biggrin:

we get our post count up would like to speak in private as i have a lot of other things we could talk about

CannaFunk

Absolutely, Im really interested in taking strains that are being bred outdoors up in Norcal, Oregon,Washington, Alaska, Michigan, etc. and bring them down here under the full sun and see what phenotypic variation can be expresssed in their cultivars.

Do you have to have a certain # of posts to PM?

Question. I have 2 Phenos that I would like to clone and keep as mothers, they are in the beggining of flower, is there anything special I should do to them or just treat as if they were a veg'd clone?

I went out tonight and allowed my blue cheese male to hit my mexi limon so hopefully going to have some Lemon Lime Blue Cheese seeds to pop next season.

Also selectively pollinated with my mexi male I kept, wanted to preserve the genetic line as well as invigorate the cali indoor seeds with some outdoor pollen for a change.

CannaFunk

Heard on that HSO Chem, was looking at their stuff too.

I have a feeling alot of plants would do great down here, just have to stay away from large .mold prone super dense bud.

Definitely need to talk few and far between down here...

Buckeyebandit

need 50 post to be able to pm. if there just starting to flower just treat like a reg. clone. might take a little longer to start to veg.
i x the chem f with a male sour d outdoors last season so need to pop them next season to see how they do and f2 them for further hunting. the boel oaxacan i have for next season i plan to repro should have no problems in these elements.
i have bodhi's pink panther and Chinese sativa i will put out and see how they handle it and if i find a good male from one of them well who know's

keep posting we are almost there lol

CannaFunk

All sounds interesting, Im noticing how crazy outdoor is down here. We can literally throw plants out any time if they have been vegged long enough, and depending on the light cycle you can get a decent harvest.

The Sour Chem sounds real nice, should be strong uplifting smoke by the sounds of her. Have fun in that F2 :)

I want to Veg plants indoors starting Jan 1st, then put into Greenhouses with supps till September 1st then full outdoor finish. Wish I had the space.

Following pics are of male tops I collected pollen from, as well as my main seed bearing mound. You can clearly see the difference in the Dark Mexican Outdoor Cultivar, and the Light Green Indoor Varietal.

Currently Fertilizing with Dr. Earth and watering with Algae Blooms from my local water source. Everything is in flower now, I have 1 more plant to pollinate, my heaviest resin producer, stretching now, going to seed in a couple of weeks.

Post count lmao, used to be on OG back in the day, not a heavy poster by any means, but I definitely know more than a Noob.

CannaFunk

Drinking lots thankful for the rains.

Attachments

• IMG_0209.jpg
    IMG_0209.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0212.jpg
    IMG_0212.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0214.jpg
    IMG_0214.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0213.jpg
    IMG_0213.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0215.jpg
    IMG_0215.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 12

CannaFunk

Some shots to show the difference in Genetic lines I am working crosses. Both males have inbred and crossbred. Hoping something meshes. Cali Indoor Left, Mexi Outdoor Right.

Attachments

• IMG_0219.jpg
    IMG_0219.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0218.jpg
    IMG_0218.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0217.jpg
    IMG_0217.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0216.jpg
    IMG_0216.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 8

CannaFunk

Everything is putting on size, Revegs from first run.

Attachments

• IMG_0223.jpg
    IMG_0223.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0225.jpg
    IMG_0225.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0226.jpg
    IMG_0226.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0227.jpg
    IMG_0227.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0228.jpg
    IMG_0228.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 14

CannaFunk

Update

Update

Just gave the ladies a thorough soaking, an was greeted with a rainstorm today that will soak the ground surrounding the holes.

Whole lot of swollen bracts in my eyes, I have to leave my crop for a month, right when their finishing of course, pray for rains!!!

CannaFunk

Filling out and drinking water :)

Filling out and drinking water :)

Pics for the update

Attachments

• IMG_0235.jpg
    IMG_0235.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0232.jpg
    IMG_0232.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0231.jpg
    IMG_0231.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0230.jpg
    IMG_0230.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 11

CannaFunk

Closeups

Attachments

• IMG_0233.jpg
    IMG_0233.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0236.jpg
    IMG_0236.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0237.jpg
    IMG_0237.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0238.jpg
    IMG_0238.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0239.jpg
    IMG_0239.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 10

CannaFunk

Big Plant in basket seems to have little stink but never know until its cured and smoked.

Last edited:

CannaFunk

Pics

Attachments

• IMG_0243.jpg
    IMG_0243.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0242.jpg
    IMG_0242.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0241.jpg
    IMG_0241.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0240.jpg
    IMG_0240.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 10

CannaFunk

Rains are coming, dont have to leave now, things are looking good, slugs are all salivating I can feel it.

Attachments

• IMG_0245.jpg
    IMG_0245.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0244.jpg
    IMG_0244.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0246.jpg
    IMG_0246.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0247.jpg
    IMG_0247.jpg