What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Florida Growing on the Flat Earth

CannaFunk

Pics are on their way, had some losses, had some survivors...overall pleased because my area did not get the brunt of the storm, but I know tons of west coast florida growers got their outdoors thrashed.

Seeds....lots of seeds, really pleased that the branches that did break off contained 80-90% fully finished bract bursted seed. My main top on my favorite plant toppled, so shes hanging along with some other early nug, going to enjoy having some early to cure, I enjoy a strong clear head.

Starting to separate and organize seed, breeders I now see what you go through, I haven't even began looking through what I have much less have any idea what the crosses and inbreeds yield.

Lemon plant lost EVERY top except the terminal cola :), shes seed laden.

Hash plant destroyed except for lower branches, 1 lower branch specifically pollinated with blue cheese pollen survived, seeds are finished, tops ripening on lower exposed budsites, now taking place of the canopy :(

The plants in the basket survived with little to no damage. Small plant is possibly a quarter ounce dried, medium little afghan plant that didn't reveg enough seems to be about a 1/2 oz plant, beautiful closeups to come. And the large plant with the vertical terminal colas came through and plumped up, a week out on her id say. Interesting to note, one of the colas on this plant shows a different bud structure than the rest of the plant. Not sure exactly why, will report back if any thing interesting is found between smokes, gland size, smell, etc.

Thanks for the advice Buck, Cookie, and OGDW

Had nugs waiting for me whether I wanted to or not. :)

Last edited:

CannaFunk

This was THE UNDERDOG of the group.

Attachments

• IMG_0284.jpg
    IMG_0284.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0282.jpg
    IMG_0282.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0283.jpg
    IMG_0283.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0285.jpg
    IMG_0285.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0289.jpg
    IMG_0289.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 8

CannaFunk

Shes pretty, and the smell is developing nicely now...

Attachments

• IMG_0283.jpg
    IMG_0283.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0286.jpg
    IMG_0286.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0293.jpg
    IMG_0293.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0292.jpg
    IMG_0292.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0291.jpg
    IMG_0291.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 10

CannaFunk

Lovely flower on what I call an Afghan. < Due to Morphology and Aromatics, Nose, Bouquet , Palate, Terrior, Scent, lmao just trying to broaden the lexicon.

Attachments

• IMG_0288.jpg
    IMG_0288.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0297.jpg
    IMG_0297.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0296.jpg
    IMG_0296.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0295.jpg
    IMG_0295.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0294.jpg
    IMG_0294.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 7

CannaFunk

Ouch, storm hit the west coast hard, im on the east, winds mainly, did'nt have to worry about molds.

Branch is Blue Cheese Pollinated. Other tops that were lost contain inbred seeds from my selected male of the same seed stock. Very similar Morphology from Male to Female.

Attachments

• IMG_0300.jpg
    IMG_0300.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0301.jpg
    IMG_0301.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0302.jpg
    IMG_0302.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0287.jpg
    IMG_0287.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0314.jpg
    IMG_0314.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 9

CannaFunk

Lemon Plant everything broke but main Cola, opposite of the other plant losing its main.

Attachments

• IMG_0311.jpg
    IMG_0311.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0307.jpg
    IMG_0307.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0304.jpg
    IMG_0304.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0303.jpg
    IMG_0303.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0305.jpg
    IMG_0305.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 12

therevverend

Veteran
Jesus! Was wondering what that storm would do to plants.
If you can find the branches duct tape works wonders.

CannaFunk

Definitely found the branches, They were all broke off next to the plants and most were brown and dead :( Which doesnt matter too much because I am growing a seed crop :). Duck Tape would definitely be a good fix though, going to use that in my grow pack from now on.

CannaFunk

The blue cheese pollinated branch yielded 77 seeds :), I have another 100 from the pre-season crop crossed from an outside sativa male, and another 2-300? (I am guessing) when all is said and done of the Inbred Line Male with the same female, I am unable to hold a cut of her, but got 3 different males to see if I can find something in the seed like the momma :) or better :biggrin:.

Just keeping the remaining plants watered and they are enjoying nice cool temps compared to what they have been getting. Really nice flower formation on the multi-topped untouched plant I have yet to name...

Made oil from seeded tops, literally the most potent oil I have ever smoked, full spectrum and range of cannabinoids and terpenes, wish I could test it. Effects are longest lasting and most balanced high I have ever had. I have had oil from Coli, Cali, Montana, Washington, Maryland, Florida and this is the best I have ever had.

Will update with finished pre-harvest plant pics, and Budshots/Smoke Reports. Going to be puffing this Florida Terroir out in Norcal as soon as shes Curing. Going to have to continue these strains out there, the seeds are going to pop out at elevation and be like "Well, moved again."

Thanks go out to the board and all you guys who help the Noobs and returners like me :) I have already gave away a few seeds, I want to be known as the Johnny Apple Seed of this one day, spread more seed for free than has been done.

CannaFunk

Bud Shots of a few flowers, dont mind the trim job I like the look when the leaves cover the buds a little. Going to post pics of the seeds soon too.

Thanks again everybody, perhaps in the future a nice plant or two will come out of this stock.

Had to pull the untouched plant a week early, moving to Cali and I only have a short time to dry and cure it to send that way. Going to smoke some of that Fla outdoor with my Cali folks, I'm interested in the smoke reports.

Currently making some FSE with the mixed De-seeded flowers. Running an alcohol extraction freezing the material and alcohol, 15 minute soak, double filter, and evaporate at below 90 degrees. I used quite a bit of heat on the last extraction so I am going to enjoy testing this oil, The last oil I made was extremely potent and medicinal, with a strong head high and full body heavy stone simultaneously, and very nice comedown. I am expecting this version to be slightly more heady and a soaring synaptic amplifier, we shall see.

Update: High as Elephant Nuts, Oil came out Crystalline, and Golden ( BHO colorish ) Heavy on the Ocular pressure and frontal cortex saturation. Reminds me of the best HAze Highs. This is work oil I could go all day and night with it. I enjoy this 2nd round oil a bit more as the lack of high heat for evap gave it a real nice preservation of THC and Terpenes.

Got 2 wisdom teeth out today in the morning, and have been picking seeds, trimming colas, and making this oil for the past few hours since then, I wish it wasn't midnight so I could scour ICMAG but im in need of passing out.

*For anyone with wisdom teeth out who want to smoke and avoid dry sockets, Gravity Bongs, or Bucket Bongs.* - CannaFunk :p

Attachments

• IMG_0342.jpg
    IMG_0342.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0374.jpg
    IMG_0374.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0391.jpg
    IMG_0391.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0360.jpg
    IMG_0360.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0346.jpg
    IMG_0346.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

CannaFunk

The Stock I obtained outdoor Guerilla this year.

Cobalt Blue Glass Container - Mixed Genetics + Cali Male X Multiple Mexican and Cali Females
-700+ Seeds

White Cap Below Blue Container - Mexican Male X Cali Female
-200+ Seeds

Soy Sauce Dish - Mexican Male X Mexican Female
-800+ Seeds

Largest White Cap - Cali Indoor Sativa Male X Mexican Hashplant Female
100 Seeds+

Orange Tealight candle holder - Blue Cheese Male X Mexican Female
77 Seeds

Blue Tealight Holder - Mexican Male X Mexican Hashplant Female
200 Seeds

Small White Cap - Mexi Male X Cali Female Sisters
50 Seeds

Black to-go Ramiken - Mexi Male and Blue Cheese Male X Mexi Lemon Female
200+ Seeds

Last Picture shows size comparison of small Cali Female seeds on left (Pollinated by Mexi Male), and large Mexi Female seeds on right (Pollinated by Cali Male).

Attachments

• IMG_0413.jpg
    IMG_0413.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0412.jpg
    IMG_0412.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0411.jpg
    IMG_0411.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0409.jpg
    IMG_0409.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Day 11 Flower - lumen shock progression
    Day 11 Flower - lumen shock progression
    106.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

CannaFunk

Flowers for the travels.:woohoo::):huggg::dance013::peacock:

Attachments

• IMG_0369.jpg
    IMG_0369.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0399.jpg
    IMG_0399.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0357.jpg
    IMG_0357.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0330.jpg
    IMG_0330.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0318.jpg
    IMG_0318.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 8

CannaFunk

Hope everyones harvests go smoother than mine :)

Attachments

• IMG_0414.jpg
    IMG_0414.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0415.jpg
    IMG_0415.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0416.jpg
    IMG_0416.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 7

Latest posts

Latest posts