What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Flowering clones reverting to veg

brown_thumb

I'm new to growing and decided to try cloning. When I topped some small plants, which went into early flowering, I dipped the flowering tops in Clonex and put them in soil. All of them survived.

What's odd is ALL the mother plants are still lollipops (due to a lighting goof) but ALL the clones seem to be reverting back to veg.

Can anyone explain why?

MrBungle

If you cloned it when it was already flowering, then it will take time to revert back to veg.... i usually pluck off pre flowers being careful not to disturb the vegetation, as much as possible to encourage it back to veg

jesbuds

Why do you think a plant without a root system would revert back to vegging? (it's a thought question, not being condescending)

Flowering is not just lighting schedule, it also has to do with a plant's maturity. Grow a seed under 12/12 light, it won't start flower until 7-8 weeks in because it isn't ready before that.

brown_thumb

If you cloned it when it was already flowering, then it will take time to revert back to veg.... i usually pluck off pre flowers being careful not to disturb the vegetation, as much as possible to encourage it back to veg

I considered that but never bothered. In fact, I didn't expect the clones to live. It was just an experiment. The flowers on the clones are disappearing without me having to nip them off.

Why do you think a plant without a root system would revert back to vegging? (it's a thought question, not being condescending)

Flowering is not just lighting schedule, it also has to do with a plant's maturity. Grow a seed under 12/12 light, it won't start flower until 7-8 weeks in because it isn't ready before that.

I haven't a clue. They were cut/cloned about four weeks ago. I can't explain why but the flowers are smaller than they were when I cut them from the mothers. The flowers on the clones have nearly disappeared.

w3rds

Flowering is not just lighting schedule

Thats actually not true. At pretty much any point in a plants life, you can switch the lights on for 24 hours constant and it will revert to veg. It may warp and bend weird, but it will switch back. Thats how people "monster crop". If you cut your clones 3 weeks into flowering, they will grow multiple main colas without the need to top.

Budpirate

Thats actually not true. At pretty much any point in a plants life, you can switch the lights on for 24 hours constant and it will revert to veg. It may warp and bend weird, but it will switch back. Thats how people "monster crop". If you cut your clones 3 weeks into flowering, they will grow multiple main colas without the need to top.

Yeah! I think i even read somewhere its possible to flower a plant and harvest it, cut and trim it down and remove all buds and go back to veg light schedule and it will revert to veg.

Latest posts

Latest posts