What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Carbon filter and weed vape?

Budpirate

Hey guys!

So i have heard smoking weed/tobacco arround your grow is bad for your carbon filter. Does anyone know if vaping weed in a tiny room with a grow in it will be harmful for the carbon filter?

w3rds

How much consecutive time are you spending in your grow that makes this an issue? Just hold off while in your grow. You would think that vaping would be less stress on everything since its just a water vapor in the air, but I would just step out of the room to smoke if I really needed a pull...

Budpirate

well the grow is sitting in my living room where i vape weed daily, i mean so far the carbon filter is still doing its thing very well in late flowering, keeping it smell free outside the grow, but i figgure it might go bad a bit quicker due to the vape?

Budpirate

Ok so now that i have finished my grow i can at least say all the vaping didnt seem to do any noticable harm to my carbon filter. Had it running a total of 14 weeks this grow with daily vaping, many days several times a day, and the filter is still doing just as well as if it was new and keeping it all smell free even tho i had some real stinky blue cheese plants sitting in the grow.

I think at worst vaping lots arround the grow might shorten the lifespan of the filter a bit but i think i would be able to do another run with this filter, i will try another run with the same filter in a couple of months and see how it does. I will update the thread and let you guys know as there seems to be little information on the subject out on the internet.