What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Everybody here wants legal cannabis, but........................... .................

kinesis

I say vote yes on everything.
Here's why:
The more states that legalize the more pressure on the US Federal Govt. from citizens. That means we'll get banking rights, that means interstate commerce can open up. In Ohio that means that the 'monopoly' issue won't really exist anymore because you can open a warehouse on the border by Ohio and just ship your product in by Federal regulation.

The more we open up state by state, the more we spit on the face of our government's oppressive prohibition regime.

I think the 4 plant limits for personal grow is skimpy. I think taxing citizens per plant or per grow is also bad.. But Again anyone with the capital can open a warehouse in some state and ship internationally someday soon. Just legalize it state by state and let's get the movement on the congress and president's agenda.

Last edited:

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
I am MMJ in Colorado. The tax rate on Recreational is too high to stop the black market. The recreational tax is over 25% (depending on which city). The MMJ tax rate is 2.8% and the spread allows grey market to function. The best would be to bring the Rec. tax down to the MMJ tax but I am afraid it will go the other direction. When they allowed MMJ and Rec. they made sure home grows are allowed. Presently I grow some and buy some to get different tastes etc. which I feel is the best situation.

shaggyballs

Veteran
Anybody who thinks that the current suppliers of the country's weed (home growers), are going to chop their plants cuz the gubmit or anybody else "legalizes it, is simply wrong!

Legalization can mean heavy prison time for people who violate the no home growing laws.
Can you say TAX EVASION?

Gry

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] free the weed...I don't want to have to buy it and I don't want to be limited to just a few plants either...the cali initiative don't look so bad...yeehaw..either way I will continue as usual..i don't obey unjust laws matter of fact I feel obliged to break them...
SML..iff mi spellin and centances suk and yoo don't lyke itt too fukkin bad;/?.....I once was asked what I would say upon getting to the gates of heaven??? m/r is a visitors badge an option??? I would like a few drinks at the bar... YEEHAW....vote for real legalization not sum bullshit...free the weed or kiss my ass...you wont be getting my tax money..

Superman lives

[/FONT]

St. Phatty

I am MMJ in Colorado. The tax rate on Recreational is too high to stop the black market. The recreational tax is over 25% (depending on which city).

That relates to why I think California Med is the best model I've seen in the US.

They charge state sales tax, which is high, about 10%.

But it works. They pay growers about $8 a gram, and sell A grade for $15 a gram.

If California wants their Rec program to work, they have to stick with the normal sales tax.

Easy7

Veteran
Surely there must be a home growing with nobody totally stupid writing the limits. I think the limits should be wattage. Odd plant number counts don't fill in square gardens. Plant limits also don't equate the same limitations.

I'll take the freedom to order seeds and go to a store (in a pinch) any day. Illegal growing makes for some nervous spending of funds. Lot's of loops to jump through just to have some smoke.

Knowing my luck it will still be guerilla.