What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How often spray the fresh clones with water?

N

noyd666

rains a lot where I live, so I just hang cuts on the clothes line and any breeze just flings any excess water off, if humid there ready the next day.

N

noyd666

all jokes aside this bubba took 5 days in coco sprayed occasionally and about 10 or more inches long, some leaves cut, and repotted that day now in 9 lt pot, box was 26c and up to 80% all the time. coco was rewetted =checking by hand. weight. i
picture.php
in the middle.:tiphat:

bucketswithsoil

support your local surfboard builder...
all jokes aside this bubba took 5 days in coco sprayed occasionally and about 10 or more inches long, some leaves cut, and repotted that day now in 9 lt pot, box was 26c and up to 80% all the time. coco was rewetted =checking by hand. weight.[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=61305&pictureid=1458235&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=61305&pictureid=1458236&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] iView Imagein the middle.:tiphat:

your pics are not showing up...i hang mine out to,after the rinse cycle :tiphat::biggrin:

Budley Doright

Veteran
From what I've seen, giant clones don't root faster, they root slower. Giant clones provide no advantage over a smaller clone. You veg to increase the number of nodes in the plant, not the height. So a taller clone would have less nodes overall compared to the same clone that started smaller.

I was thinking about what you said...... well I just took a picture of one of those big assed clones....

No advantages????/ really?????

Rooted in the same amount of time.....this after 13 days....

Budley Doright

Veteran
Those node spacings are ridiculous, why would you want that? Just curious?

How long have you been doing this......

10 minutes????

This strain is called gorilla glue..... and certainly doesnt grow like a seed plant....

but contrary to you .....lots of people grow it anyway....

rookie.....

Budley Doright

Veteran
Let me point a little something out to the rookie....

who just cant stop talking.....

The glue is most often grown on a screen.....

The internodal spacing is really helpful when you want to fill a screen.....

Im only taking the time with you because clearly you have very little idea what you are doing..... so experienced guys like myself should help when we can.....

I recall when my mouth wrote checks my brain just couldnt cash....

The plant in 44 will be transplanted to 5 gallons....and the branches tied down....to create the base of the plant....

to prepare it to be put into a screen.....There is always a battle with glue to keep it from getting to 7 feet....

Budley Doright

Veteran
Those node spacings are ridiculous, why would you want that? Just curious?

This was actually only an experiment.....

It was simply a branch on a plant......

I intend to train the cuttings on the mom prior to cutting them.....

I just want to see how much vegetative material I can support without roots......

I started a thread today..... its in preparation to see if....

a normal clone can outperform... in veg.... an air layer.......

day 1.....vs day 1....... couldnt be more fair......

both plants will be glue.....

I intend to show.....that yes there is an advantage........

Since you clearly are a skeptic.... thats why the invite....

mrgreen I offer you an invite to come watch.......

I believe it will be a most interesting thread....

I know what I want to do.... to prove it.....

but thats top secret....

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=309503

If Im a bettng man.... Im not going to make a 10k bet on that dinky little clone.....

SO..... are you a betting man????

Last edited:
Update - Didn't spray any of mine at all, soaked the rockwool in ph 5.5 for a few minutes max, scraped stem slightly, coated lightly in clonex, cut off bottom for a fresh cut that won't be suffocated by the gel, and planted. Left the dome on for 2 days sealed at 95% RH, then 1 day at 85% RH, then 2 days at 75% RH with vents open and dome still on. Did cut the leaves, and they all stayed 100% green even while rooting, looking fantastic the entire time. Rooted on day 3, but roots hit rockwool outside at day 6. 100% sucess rate vs when I've sprayed. Will never spray again.

Budley Doright

Veteran
What rooting medium are you using to get that result, looks like soil?

Vermiculite....is what I use in wick cloners...

The key though....is to not let the plant wilt.....

use a protected..... high humidity envirment....

my protected high humidity envionment.....is a plastic bag......lol

DarthFader1

Veteran
3-5 days is the exception rather than the rule, and it is obviously strain dependant.

Ive cloned a lot of different strains and the average time to grow a good set of roots is usually around 9-14 days..

Having a fast cloning strain is desirable but there are way more important characteristics to look for when selecting clone genetics. eg:health/vigor/dank quality/disease & pest resistance

Just because a strain clones real fast doesn't mean much on its own

darth

N

NewAgeGenetics

the question was not that which strain root the fastest... simply spray the clones with water or not.

The cheese rooted in 6 days very well, the gth#1 rooted finally in 14 days without water spraying. time is a very strain dependent question.

spray or not to spray. this is the question.

Last edited:

DarthFader1

Veteran
the question was not that which strain root the fastest... simply spray the clones with water or not.

The cheese rooted in 6 days very well, the gth#1 not rooted in 12 days without water spraying. time is a very strain dependent question.

spray or not to spray. this is the question

And this question has already been answered about a dozen times:deadhorse.

Let me repeat it one more time; Don't mist your clones more than once or twice as overmisting will slow down the rooting process.

Dunno what i was thinking posting in a noob thread with tons of bad attitudes.

im out :rolleyes:

N

NewAgeGenetics

And this question has already been answered about a dozen times:deadhorse.

Let me repeat it one more time; Don't mist your clones more than once or twice as overmisting will slow down the rooting process.

Dunno what i was thinking posting in a noob thread with tons of bad attitudes.

im out :rolleyes:
ty

shredGnar

Don't spray shit... I used to mist the clones. Then the dome, I get the best results not spraying anything. Happens to be the easiest, as well!