What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ear surgery to day. :(

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
I am going to have some surgery on my ear today. wish me luck.
Ill be sort of out for about a week recovering.

:cry:

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
every thing went well with the surgery. I been laying on the couch resting and taking it easy amd watching movies. watch is hard for me to do because Im one of those ppl who doesn't like to just sit around. the healing process will heal in do time.

one interesting thing that happened in the hospital pre-surgery waiting area. there was this little girl a cross the hall. she was going in for some kind ear surgery too, she looked over at me and saw that I was in for there for something. she had this sad look like she was about to cry. I looked back at her and said every things gunna be all right and that I was also going in for ear surgery. she looked not as sad then.

LefthandGardens

What's up Cheesebuds? I work in a ENT office. Was it inner, or outter ear surgery? Just curious. If I can answer any small questions to save you the hassle of contacting the doctor I would be happy to throw what I know at you.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Yeah get better! Surgery sucks but it's better to do it and get it over with. They you're ready to rock and roll again!

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Have any of you out there ever had major ear surgery? Well it sucks so much. and here is a list of why it sucks so bad.
this is a list of things you can't do because you might damage your ear surgery badly. all you can do is sit around and be lazy. your out for 3-4 weeks maybe more depending on how well it heals or not.

1. you cant exercise at all. no straining....
2. no excessive coughing.
3. no sneezing.
4. no loud music at all. or loud anything for that matter.
5. try not to get stressed out during the recovery.
5. deal with very very very loud ringing in the ear.
6. feel like your going deaf in your ear.
7. pain in the ear. having to take pain medicine to help with the ear pain. and not liking to take pain pills cuz of the possible side affects.
8. pain in the part of the head that is around that ear.
9. feeling anxious about it a lot.
10. you keep saying (WHAT) to everyone because you cant hear what they are saying.
11. for those of you working atm you'd be out of work for a while.
12. The list goes on and on and on.

All the while you know that there are people out in this world going through much much much worse things in their lives ATM than your self and you feel like you cant complain about your situation because it isn't half as bad as other people situation even though your situation sucks very bad and is painful.
I know 3-4 weeks might not seem like a long time to you people. but when your dealing with it, it feels like for ever.
Ok rant over... frown emoticon

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
I had a cholesteatoma second surgery on monday august 28th. Even though I've been through it befor 10 years ago it grew back and it is still a scary surgery the second time around.

#cholesteatoma #surgery #pain #scared #sad #bummed #livestrong #doctor #thissucks #myart #create #photoshop #digitalart #art #illustration #cartoon #heal

I created this using both corel painter and photoshop. Its of me having my ear surgery. I'm now at home recovering.
picture.php