What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New extraction technique? Rosin tech?

M

mbalders

Anyone have experience with the Rosin Tech pioneered by the user @soilgrown on instagram? he uses a curling iron to extract oil from flower, no melt bubble, hash, kief, etc. The results of his technique look amazing, clarity and flavor equal or better to high quality solvent extractions, and I was wondering if anyone else has experience with his technique?

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Anyone have experience with the Rosin Tech pioneered by the user @soilgrown on instagram? he uses a curling iron to extract oil from flower, no melt bubble, hash, kief, etc. The results of his technique look amazing, clarity and flavor equal or better to high quality solvent extractions, and I was wondering if anyone else has experience with his technique?

Hate it when kats have their shit on private!

Gry

There was a real nice thread here on a method a few years ago. Good description, nice pictures. Thought it had been stickied, it had merit.

M

mbalders

Gry, I had found the extraction technique you're mentioning- it involved a double boiler and heat if im correct... this is slightly different as this "rosin" extraction does depend upon heat( the curling iron) but also involves applying a large amount of physical pressure. I believe the pressure combined with the heat is what makes the "rosin" extraction possible. And the potential of being able to extract full melt resin from flower within minutes is very interesting, just curious to know if anyone out there has tried this and gotten good results.

Dr_Dab

Im also curious about the rosin tek, it was mentioned on hash church this week... Anyone out there that has experience with the technique, would love to hear your input.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It was the hit at the PIF Christmas party I shared it at, almost a decade ago now. Not a lot of concentrates around these parts then, so it stood out as special.

A lot of work for a small amount of prime stuff, so it sort of fell by the wayside as alternatives matured.

Roji

It won 2nd place out of 11 at a concentrate competition I entered last night. The 15 judges seemed to like it.

paamakowz

Rosin tech is not new by any means it was posted here on icmag in 08 and 07 on fullmeltbubble forums. Its a stupid tech it is complete opposite of what every growers intention is. We dont dial in light spectrums, feed schedules, and training to immediately lose everything we got the plant ro produce by heat pressing it. Thats just silly and shows that most of the people who think this is NEW dont research a damn thing

paamakowz

Of course people are going to be judging it highly. Its an over hyped product that is going to die severly in popularity within a few months. What do you think happened when live resin was first entered in a competition? Fresh frozen water hash?

Latest posts

Latest posts