What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

AK99xWW C13 DWC/drip

SpoCannabis

Very interesting setup! Please post up some more pictures of your tub. I am curious why you incorporated the drip lines into your DWC tub. The water pump is magnetic and your nutrients are attracted to it...therefore taking them away from your plant's roots. It just seems like a lot of extra work for very little advantage. Please explain and keep us updated, they are lookin good!!

SpoCannabis - the drip system seems to making these bitches take off! One of the girls was growing slower than the rest and I found one of the drip lines was kinked...I straightend it and she is doing her best to catch up with the rest.

Check out the size of these leaves.

SpoCannabis

Wow....yeah, there is no denying how healthy they look!! Nice setup and K++ to ya, you definitely got me tuned in for this one!! How old are you babies??? I might try an experiment converting a AquaFarm (WaterFarm type) into a DWC bubbler bucket/drip ring...

These ladies took a while to get going due to low nute temps. They were about 1.5" high about 2weeks ago. This is what they looked like 11 days ago.

Holy SHIT....these ladies are growing SO fast. I moved the light up about 4". At this rate, I'll be ready to flower all the ladies in 2 or 3 weeks. I will be able to take clones in a couple of days for sexing.

G

Them fockers are taking right off like a plane. Nice setup I saw it in the c13 club so I had to check your thread out and see what your setup is. Very good fast & productive plants ya got there. That is one sick ass setup man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sleepy

Veteran
nice!

can you tell us...

how are your fans powered?

how much height do you have left??

thanks!

Sleepy - The fan is powered by electricity. I upgraded from the pedal type years ago. j/k but really...you can see the controler on the upper left inside thecabinet. I have a 6" vortex and CAN50 carbon filter in those boxes on the top shelf next to the cabinet. I don't really need fans blowing on these ladies because there is a huge amount of air blowing the plants around 24/7. My video camera proved that when the doors are shut, shit is blowing everywhere. I've still got about 3' of head height. If I have to, I can put the ballast outside the grow for the last few weeks of the grow. That wasn't a problem with my last grow because the ladies didn't get that big. There were a few tips that were 4 or so inches taller than the rest and they burned and were unuseable. On this grow, I will do what I have to for an even canopy. Even if that means cutting the tops of a few baseball bat sized buds. Why waste the plants energy if you aren't going to be able to smoke that shit anyway. A picture is worth a thousand words...so here's three thousand words:

DIY COMPUTER FAN WIRING

DIY COMPUTER FAN WIRING

Oh...MY BAD.
I didn't use the exhaust fan during that time because the temps were low (was only using 2-45W CFLs for veg) in the basement and I wanted to conserve heat. Thus making it essentially a sealed cab.
The small fans are computer fans. You can find these little computer fans for free in junk computers. They are hard to kill and most of the time, the computer dies before the fans do. Grab a bunch of them..they are awesome for directing air just where you want it. I soldered Y splitters on the end of the fans so each one can be taken off to allow me to daisy chain up to 5 fans in my case. That's the limit for the 12V transformer(adaptor) at 80%. Make sure you do the math and get a transformer with enough amps to power the number of fans you want. Don't be afraid to use more than one transformer and fan line.

P=Power in Watts(W)=Fan should have this on it. Add all the fans Wattage for this equation.

I=Current in Amps(A)=The Transformer will have this number on it. Most of the times the number will be followed by xxxmA(example: 300mA).
xxxmA=.xxxA

V=Voltage in Volts(V)=In this case, you want a 12VDC adaptor...period.

Each one of these equations are the same but manipulated to find any one part of the equation. I have added a safety factor of 20% by multiplying by .80

Finds how many watts you can use for fans for a given transformer.
P(W) = .80 * I(A) * 12V

Finds the amps needed to run given your fans wattages added up.
I(A) = 1.2 * P(W) / 12V

I used 3" long decking scews in the holes to make feet. Be creative. I'll post some pictures of the connections. Most fans have a wattage marked on it.
Did I miss anything?
:kos:

Last edited:

Sleepy

Veteran
thanks!!

i figured they were connected to a plug in adapter, but i wasn't sure.

i had a 110v fan connected to a DWC cooling the res...sucking air out from the top...worked pretty well.

sorry about hijacking your grow thread.