What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Come on in to Tiger's Den - Sweet13 by TRC

packn2puff

IC Official Assistant to the Insistent
Veteran
So far so good..are you just gonna go for the best momma's and only flower clones and/or flower the unselected mom's too or toss um...
Just wondering if any girls will go all the way from seed to harvest... :wave:

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
Any girls that come out will be graded, moms kept, and the others flowered. No girl goes without flowering in my garden :D

I'm considering making a cab so that I can quarantine a male and collect his pollen, but I haven't decided yet.

NiteTiger

Veteran
Weekly update time!

The canaries are loving thier feed, and have really taken off. Here's a group shot:

And here's the one that really stands out:

As for the canaries, they're doing great! I've got three confirmed females, and two suspected males, and 3 shy ones. One of the girls really stinks. Got my nose right up to her, and it practically brought tears to my eyes :D I'll be adding the carbon to the filter I designed this week, we'll see how it goes.

That's all for this week! :wave:

Last edited:

NiteTiger

Veteran
What a difference a week makes :D

Last Week:

This Week:

And the canaries are cruising right along, with two confirmed males cleaned out, still waiting on the others to show thier heads, no pun intended.

The SWT13 will probably get moved up to one gallon pots later this coming week.

Forgive the rushed picture taking and bad settings, this weekend is turning out to be very hectic!

Until next week! :wave:

NiteTiger

Veteran
Hey! A response! Welcome to my den dagnabit!

This calls for an unscheduled update!

Here's a shot of the Sweet13 babies, all snugged into thier new homes. Because of the new pots, they don't appear very big, but they really have shot on up there since last week. One of them is unhappy with me, due to her rough treatment during transplant, and is pouting, but I think she'll be fine. You can also see I've got a coupla runts, and a mutant. Mutant might be a harsh term, she's just got some leaf wrinkling going on. But the runts are definately runts. LS did tell me that the runts are the ones that sneak up and surprise ya with this strain, so I'm keeping them.

Here's a shot of the canaries, getting down to the business of flowering.

And here's why cool tubes rule -

Less than 3 inches from the light, and no burn :joint:

Self explanatory, she's in the light :D

Come on back Sunday for the regularly scheduled update! :wave:

Stoney McToke

sweet rig tigre,
i gotta say i love the way you approach the show from the very beggining and giving us every detail, I feel like im there.
and killer cool tube btw.

peace

stoney:joint:

NiteTiger

Veteran
Glad you like it Stoney! It can be kind of slow, starting from the very beginning, but for those who come later, there will be a full, accurate record.

Glad you like my cool tubes, cost less than $20 :D

NiteTiger

Veteran
Yep, bagseed. The only thing I expect from them is to be better than the poor, bedragled schwag they came from :D

NiteTiger

Veteran
Weekly Update time!

First off, here's a shot of the Sweet13s. Diagnosed a phosphorus defeciency, and gave them a shot of nutes that should correct the problem, so we should see some nice growth in the upcoming week. I picked up fairly early that these were heavy feeders, but I didn't realize how heavy! These girls love the nutes! The pots they're in is where they'll stay, no more transplants. I don't have enough veg space to have moms in larger pots and still be able to test grow two new strains that just arriveed from the guys at PlanB - Brain Warp and Lost in Space. I'm assured they're tiger-killing sativas, so as soon as we choose our mothers here and get the rest into flower, they're next! :woohoo:

Onto the flowering room, where the canaries are going beserk! Check out these ladies starting to flower!

And yet another reason I'm a great believer in Cool Tubes:

That's all for this week. Keep checking back during the week, as I'll be prepping the room for the installation of a flip flop, bringing us up to an effective 4kw! The first portion, that'll be done this week, will see the room split in two, and both lights moved to the same half. This will bring us up to a nice 63 watts/sqft.

Until then, :wave:

NiteTiger

Veteran
The Sweet13s have responded as hoped, great growth in the past coupla days. No camera tonight, but I'll get some pics. Just wanted to update anyone that was following the grow, even though it seems like I'm talking to myself most of the time :D

Last edited:

NiteTiger

Veteran
Wow, been a few since I updated.

Brief rundown - The Hermy Canary in the flower room got yanked early, but not before it dropped some dust. Cross contamination should be minimal, but we'll see. Like I said, the Canaries get minimal care, and any bud off of them is a bonus, so I'm not too upset.

Sweet 13's are vegging fine. Gonna clear out the runts and start some BrainWarp and Lost in Space seeds - gotta test 'em all!

One of my ballasts took a shit on me - got a replacement in, but I gotta get a bulb; dunno when that'll get into the budget. So under just 1k on the canaries, but that's just fine for them.

Just got a new job that's wearing me out, but at least it helps the days go by quicker, and will provide some much needed income.

Oh, and on my second week of the new job, I'm hit with a dose of what the doc thinks could be strep, but doesn't test as strep. For the record, strep hates me. It latched onto me one time, and went anti-biotic resistant on me. Lasted a full out month, had to go into the hospital.

So now we're caught up to today. 7 canaries left under 1kw, and the SWT13's vegging away, shouldn't be long be fore we see some maturity, and can start some clones. Should have the other light working by the time any clones are ready for flower.

Also starting prep for the permanent room.

Going to go curl up and hopefully pass out now.

NiteTiger

Veteran
Ok, feeling a bit better, so grabbed some pics -

First, the Sweet13s - As you can see, all is well, except for they're still catching me off guard with thier feeding rate. These babies suck up nutes like crazy, and if I'm so much as 1 day overdue feeding them, they dig into those bottom leaves in a heartbeat. I'm expecting alternate branching soon.

And here's the canaries out in the flower room

Already gettin' frosty :D

Till next time :wave:

Last edited:

Underground Man

Glad you are feeling better.

That oddball short, compact plant in your second pic looks interesting

Can't you set up your flip flop to run with just the one ballast?

Cheers :wave:

NiteTiger

Veteran
I've actually got three oddballs in the veg area :D 2 runts and the one you're referring to, the wrinkle leaf. Unfortunately, due to space constraints, they're due for culling. The two runts, definately, the wrinkle leaf I may be able to save.

The flip flop isn't set up yet, the plan is to set that up between these canaries getting harvested and the SWT 13 going into flower. But to answer your question, yes, it could be set up with just one ballast.

Glad to know someone is still watching :D

NiteTiger

Veteran
I'll be damned!

Just as soon as I think I've got a handle on these girls feeding habits, I check on them tonight, and I've got nute burn. Since I've been using the same level of ferts I've been using all along, I can only think of one thing - salt build up. Time for these roots to take a bath Cheesy I'll give them a flushing later tonight, see if that doesn't fix the problem.

Dunno wether I'll finish it off with a fresh dose of ferts - seems counter-intuitive to feed them after flushing for nute burn, but I'm almost positive that if I don't, they'll eat another set of leaves before the pot dries enough for another feeding. Still pondering...

G

Tiger

The description of the 13 strain on the BCBD website sounds rather interesting. Might be some good beans (genetics) to pick up down the road. Will be watching this grow to finish if possible. Hope you provide a smoke report when completed. They don't look like they want to branch very much. Are you planning to tie them over LST style or anything?

Bh

NiteTiger

Veteran
Hey Bipedal, glad ya stopped by!

These particular plants are being grown for mother selection, and yes, I've noticed the lack of branching as well. I think this is more due to my learning curve than a genetic predisposition though. My repeated underestimation of thier feeding wants is probably the reason we haven't seen any branching yet, plus, they're not mature yet, so I'm going to hold off on judging their branchiness until they show alternate branching. They are developing branch sites, wether they'll utilize them or not is yet to be seen.

Once they are mature, they'll be topped, and once the tops have rooted, they'll be flowered. In the flowering room, my plan is to just let them grow out naturally for this first round, although that may change. I'm bad about fiddling with my plants, just can't seem to keep my hands off :D

G

Tiger

Went back to the beginning of your thread to check out your setup equip.
It says you've got 160W of shop light fluros for veg/moms. Have you thought of increasing the amount of light in this area of your op? My last run I had about 400W of cool white cfl's in about 4 1/2 sq. ft. on 4 plants and growth was impressive. Just thought, with more energy, them side branches might be inclined to develop a little better.

Bh