What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Come on in to Tiger's Den - Sweet13 by TRC

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
Ok, time to get this thread up and running. It'll start slow, as this log is going to follow them from germination through mother selection to flower.

Let's start off with an overview of the room:

Flower Area:
2x 1000w HPS cooled with homemade Internally Reflected Cool tubes.
8" 747CFM Vortex under speed control.
Homemade Carbon Scrubber.
Air intake provided by home central system.
Temps average 71F Lights off / 75F Lights on, RH 45-50%

Veg/Mom Closet:
160W Daylight Fluros in Adjustable Shoplite fixtures
Temps 73/76

More Details on the room (with pics) can be found in the link in my sig.

Grow style/medium:
Mixed- Soil, RDWC, and Tubblers

Now, for more about the strain, we'll grab from the PlanB Collective's Strain Guide from thier helpdesk over at BCBudDepot:
Sweet 13 -
The new Improved TRC Sweet 13, another testament to TRC’s goal of perfection! The original Sweet 13 was a crossing of X-13 and Breeder Steve’s Sweet tooth #3. This cross was awesome, crazy soaring high followed by a surreal calm! Wonderful sweet chunky buds and a good yield! But after the initial release Lonestar felt it could be even better! He went back to the drawing boards, and attempted to add more potency, more yield, and an extra indica punch to her! He took the biggest stinkest most potent Sweet 13 and crossed it with a killer top secret TRC Double Indica. The results were better then expected, the yield went through the roof, and the potency was numbing, and to add insult to injury the new Sweet 13 had even more vigor! Now still having the same happy clear soaring high, but much more pain killing ability, very happy and couchy! TRC’s devotion to raising the status quo is evident once again in the new improved Sweet 13!
Flowering time: 8 weeks
Nutrient: medium-heavy
Yield: Wow!!!
Type: Indica Hybrid
Also as described my the Ol' Resin Monk himself: Yes, the Sweet13 is one of the first extreme TRC hybrids, using the super awesome made for indoors Sativa dominant clone called X-13, I recieved it from AF leaving OG about the time I clicked on, many years ago, the X13 was an incedible thing completely sativa dominant, although very 'bushy she was a thin bladed Sativa for sure with extremely strong soaring takeoffs, used to send out X13 cuts long ago to many so I am sure folks will remember it, anyways, the swt#3 being redone was a great plant to hit to the X13,and woohoo!Swt13!,after a bit of work and a crossing to the TRC Double indica later, we now have a sublime Sog monster enough side buddage for those who wante’m, with tons of super sweet resin's and a killer aroma taste, the buzz is very strong yet has sweet uplifting blast with a killer strong heavy creep, this stuff is so nice Lonestar hissef', runs it almost every time anything is started, for PS purposes and a few friends who have to come to love the herb, a super winner fast thick and potent, super fun and easy as pie

Scuffed (hence the nail file in the pic) and dropped into a glass of water today. Yeah Yeah, boring, I know, but come back in a coupla weeks :wave:

monkeyman

Does growing mixed mediums like that (soil & hydro) work? I would think the hydro plants would mature faster and create problems with the lighting schedule.

NiteTiger

Veteran
Each system is under a seperate light, so they can be individually adjusted.

NiteTiger

Veteran
10 little seeds with 10 little tails go into 10 little cups!

A cheap and easy tip for you seed starters out there. See that straw? That's the my high tech seed handling tool. Cut it on an angle, round off the tip, and you've got the easiest, least traumatic way to pick up seeds you'll ever find- no worries about crushing them or damaging thier tender tap root.

NiteTiger

Veteran
Dishpan from walmart, $.97 I believe :D

Usually, my cup are filled with straight perlite and the dishpan acts as a res. This time we're growing for mom selection though, so they went into soil, so the same setup works, just as a drain pan instead of a rez :D

G

Looks good, Nite Tiger.
A fine selection of genetics too, I might add.......
I can't wait to get my hands on some of these!!
Cuddy's tree grow of this strain is very impressive. I hope yours do as well.

NiteTiger

Veteran
Yeah, Cuddy's got these things dialed in! If mine do half as well, I'll be freaking thrilled :D

NiteTiger

Veteran
Checked thme last night at lights on, and I had 3 little seedlings just puching up through the soil. 2 still had thier seed husks attatched, and I decided to give them a chance to shake the husks off themselves. When I went back to check this morning, they still hadn't shaken them off, so I gave them a little help. I also discovered that a 4th sprout had made an appearance overnight.

I'll grab pics tonight when lights come back on, and also update the canaries, who are doing quite well - a few are already showing what look like miniscule preflowers.

G

guest3854

Chomping at tha bit fer some pics. Wanna check some TRC eventually .
You say in yer opening you were gonna use floros fer veg ? My recommendation , if you have room would be to use yer big lamp as soon as they really start spreading their wings . I find that just straight floros fer veg , is just not fast enough ; at least fer me . I use floros fer cuttings , then veg under a 600 . Looks like they'll be getting good care , regardless of my recs. Nice set up .

NiteTiger

Veteran
Yep, just under fluros for now. If I were doing one seed-to-flower run at a time, I'd veg them out under the big lights. But, the plan is for the flower room to never be empty, and right now, it's got some soil canaries in it that are on 12/12 from seed. They'll soon be joined by the veg room canaries, which are about to graduate to tubblers.

Eventually, the veg room will have a 400W Metal Halide, but that probably won't be until the permanent room gets done later this year.

Look for the pics around 10 tonight :D

NiteTiger

Veteran
Pics!

Here are the Sweet13 babies! As you can see in row 2 column 3, a fifth little one just joined the party.

Here are the babies roommates in the veg closet, the hydro/veg canaries. And yes, they're not happy. They're recovering from a severe mag def (the entire top growth was bright yellow 2 days ago), and they're feeling a bit drowned, as the cups they're in leave they're little feet wet. Not too worried though, they'll be moving into the flower rooms in some tubblers tommorrow. And yes, the one on the left does have a mutant leaf.

And here's some catnip and daisy sprouts out in the flower room.

Be back later with pics of the flower room canaries, lost all the ones I grabbed in a tragic Photoshop collapse :D

monkeyman

Catnip, thats pretty funny. The canaries look like they're true soldiers. Make sure you give them a proper cremation when you're done with them. :wink:

NiteTiger

Veteran
Here's our weekly update!

First, we're up to 9/10 seedlings on the Swt13, and I'm convinced #10 is just shy, and will be along momentarily :D

Second, let's update those canaries! They're going like gangbusters, except for the one's in the far corner pot, as you can tell. Dunno why, they're just not growing like the others, even though everything is exactly the same. Also, a couple of them have a very weak stem below the coyts, one even flopped over when I brushed against it. I'm attributing that to the huge amount of stretching they did.

Until next week! :wave:

Last edited:

NiteTiger

Veteran
Weekly update time!

Just for fun, thought I'd spice up the thread a bit, and throw in some pics of the flowering Sweet 13 from some of the guys over at PlanB

Here's a couple from Cuddy's Grow:

And here's one DM3 posted in Cuddy's thread:

Now, on with my update :D

Here's the Sweet13 seedlings, cruising right along. looks like I may have been wrong about #10 being shy, but I'm still leaving it in there, just in case. :D

Here's some poor, hurredly snapped pics of the canaries. They're starting to show sex now, I expect to start culling by next week's update.

That's all for this week!

NiteTiger

Veteran
Just a quick off update.

As you can tell in the last pic, both the SWT 13 and the canaries were ready for some food. They both got it, and are quite happy.

The SWT13s are really getting into the whole 'growing' thing now, and some plants are starting to seperate themselves from the pack. The one front and center is showing the most promise, but none get culled till sexing.

The canaries are really starting to get into flower, stretching and putting out flowers that are starting to resemble definable sex. I'd say we're right on track with knowing sex by this weeks regular upddate on Sunday.

See ya'll then, with pics! :wave:

Latest posts

Latest posts