What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

deepsoul's ak48

JBLUNTS, I took the liberty of editing Deepsoul's pics to show you. (depsoul, if you don't want me posting up doctored pics of your originals I'll delete them. pm me or post and I'll remove them. thanks.)

This is most likely a male. You can see how rounded the calyx is. Like a little ball.

This is most likely female. Notice the elongated calyx. Soon enough 2 white psitils will potrude from the elongated calyx.

Looking better by the day Deepsoul! :yes: Also, great pics! I'm thinking about getting a digi cam within the next few months and I'm very impressed by the quality of your pics. What camera are you using? Got any recommendations?

deepsoul

hi :smile:

jblunts : thanks to bomb for is fantastic image edits :smile:, I reckon ya can see clearly the difference as bombs explained...the males are easiest to identify first as they usually show preflowers first...it appears ak48 shows some female preflowers quite quickly as well...I have 3 that I am pretty sure have balls on em... as long as I can remove males before the roots get too tangled (as they seem to like to do) then all will be cool...I probably only want maybe 6 in there max...

420 ponics: good stuff...im liking these ak48 very indica....just a little curious on how much they are really goona smell, when i come home from work my house smells of them..in veg it makes me worried ..if the smell escapes the house then i will have to make a diy carbon filter..... good luck with yours :smile:

Bombs thanks for the nice image edits...they look really great...
maybe they should go somewehere where people who ask about " what do preflowers look like" for ppl to see...

The original pics taken are of a res of 2560 x 1920, and I love looking at em on my lcd..

Enjoy taking them. I love my didgi cam... Its a panasonic lumix DMC-LZ2GN . 5.0 megapixels 6 x optic zoom and 4 times digi zoom... I recommend it... has an optical image stabilizer so ya can take the closeup pics above by hand (no zoom) for me its about 6 months old. Never thought about time lapse with it though until someone asked...it has a burst mode that will take pics and its pretty cool as it will take pics every 1.5 seconds until the batteries and memory card are full..other modes too but every 2 secs is highest.

I had the cash and didn't by a digi for a month and was looking at them on the web for that long too and after comparing what I wanted out of a digi with different brands
I chose this one....

next camera will be slr...

the ak48s grow a fair bit every day...if had anything close ocd i would prolly measure the daily growth hehehe...

looking forward to seeing my babies today as they allways have a growth spurt whilst they sleep, still thinking on how long i goona veg for and if I want to install any screens for training...would be cool to put screens on the walls...
im thinking...

Last edited:
Thanks for the digi cam info. I was thinking about getting a 4.3 megapixel camera, but I really like the color contrast/saturation in your pics. Very vibrant! I will keep that cam model in mind. Thanks! :yes:

deepsoul

ponics they smell in veg.. if i am at home i don't notice the smell..but when i leave the house for hours , when I come home I really smell them..bairing in mind that I exhaust from that room into living room..... u smell them at this stage in veg and its a unique smell... i smoke ..so when i am home it disguises the smell... as best i can describe is faint burnt rubber smell with a slight mintyness to it..

a freind picked up on the smell a few days ago..

jungo

they do smell, but not as bad as others.
right now i am 18 days in flower in out of 3 strains that i have in the closet ,the AK48 shows the best results.

pic from 14 days :
plant630fc.jpg

klaze

I still cant really make out the difference in those pictures. I will admit that I am no expert, not any where near it - I sat here for a bit studying the pics and I cant make out any difference in the sex. The one on top doesnt look any more round than the one below it.

Klaze

Technique

i had 5 plants. all looked very similar to what you have there around the nodes, and within about a week they all showed sex and all were female. i think its still a little bit early to see whats going on there.

but photos always can be a bit unclear.

Klaze, did you see the doctored photos I put up? Click on them and you should be able to tell. The zoom really highlights the difference. Otherwise, it is hard to see.

klaze

BombSquadron65 said:
Click on them and you should be able to tell. T

haha, stoner moment. I didnt even think of clicking on the damn things. Yeah I can totally tell the difference now. Thanks BS65.

Klaze

deepsoul

thats a nice looking photo there jungo :smile:

I look forward to seeing mine in flower.

hehehe klaze, looking at the larger images really helps

:rolleyes:

Looking good DeepSoul, those babies are doing well. I'll be popping some AK48 beans here in the next couple of days, hope they turn out as lush as yours! :) Peace...

deepsoul

igg my first problem

igg my first problem

well today is day1 of the 5th week and I have noticed my first problem...

from reading the complete guide to sick plants and ph problems etc it looks alot like a calcium deficiency..how I can have any deficiency I reall don't know.

My ec seems to ve very high for the 150 ml of nutes I have in the tubs...
ec up at about 1.6 so water is 0.3 so thats 1.3 of nutes...looking at the canna nute schedule then I have alot of nutes in there....but they dont show any signs of nute burn...

I like to check my babies in the morning and this morning I didnt get a chance befir elights were out and when I looked tonight the airlines for one tank were blocked by the tub lid...not good that would be about 17 hours without bubbles..they look fine except for these spots... but they are on a plant or 2 in another tank...

any suggestions would be cool...im goona post in the infirmary as well...

deepsoul

hmm well know one is helping me out here or in the infirmary..guess i will add some oxy plus to my tubs,just in case its a disease..hmmm i am a bit worried.... my water is cold the roots look fine although some dont seem to have grown so much there is no slime or sludge in there ..just added 6ml of oxyplus to each tank...sposed to be a sterliser and oxygenator..50 percent hydrogen peroxide...the only thing different from last week is that I have only one air curtain per tub...i might grab 2 more and setup second airpump.

i also noticed when i changed and refilled tubs that the water was at outside temps of 29c but that would have cooled quickly I will only change the tubs at night time from now...... I am leaning away from thinking its a calcium deficiency....at least its not on any new growth and there is plenty of new growth...,lots of stretch on the lowest branches unfortunately...

Last edited:

B4O2N0G

I am growing 2 ak48 that are younger than yours,but have the same spots on some leaves.I dont have any tools to measure ph or etc...just hope my floranova nutes can pull me through as they did with my bagseed,goodluck and ill try to post some pics later on in this thread.

deepsoul

ok whatever is going on its initial cause is from ph problems..Im goona flush the tanks tonight and start again. I am thinking I will keep the ph at 5.2 as these problems seem to have occured because of me letting the ph rise....im not sure on this so decent advice is kindly regarded...the worst tank has a ph of 5.8 and the other which is doing pretty well has a 5.4 ph

-Dank Hill-

Mg. lockout

Mg. lockout

:2cents: Looks like an Mg lockout from a high EC.

Water from the tap is running EC 0.3 or a PPM of 150 or 210 which seems ok.
Your water may be high in calcium.

Depending on which EC factor you multiply by (500 or 700)
you have a total PPM of 800 or 1120 @ 1.6.

No def. symptoms are visible during the first 3-4 weeks.
The 4-6 weeks of growth the first signs of def. appear.
Interveinal yellowing and irregular rust brown spots
appear on older and middle-aged leaves first.

A high EC slows water evaporation and diminishes Magnesium(Mg) availability.
Keep PH above 5.6 and lower high EC for a week.

An excess of Potassium(K), or ammonia nitrogen
and Calcium(Ca) lockout Mg.

On the off chance it is actually a lack of Mg in your nutes.
you can add Epsom salts, how much per gal. escapes me ATM.

Also water temps are high @ 29°C or 84°F, which
reduces dissolved oxygen content and can set
you up for root rot.
You should keep your water temps around 18°C/ 65°F.
59°F or 60°F gives the max. dissolved oxygen content
in water if I remember correctly. :2cents:

Last edited: