What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone else find Cannabutter revoulting?

HAHA if you guys think the butter is nasty don't try canna-milk!!
I don't mind the weed taste in butter at all.. but when you make milk and use it in your coffee or tea, its just disgusting. I actually ended up throwing it out :/
I found that 2 oz of good trim/pound of butter was sufficient for me, and overpowering for my girl. Neither of us like the taste but its not that bad
Now instead of doing cookin I make icewater hash homemade style. This is the much better way for me :)

More FAIL.....:rolleyes:

Are you people using mexi-crap weed or something???
I like my ganga milk. A little natural sugar, some ginger and some cardomon(sp).
Simmer for 30 minutes and strain and chill.

pineappaloupe

I boil just the trim 4-5 times in just plain water (water wont extract THC, just the flavanoids and terpenes). Then I add butter to the water that is straw colored. I end up with blond butter that is still pretty damn potent, and has very little taste.

Trying Water-Cured Method Now

Trying Water-Cured Method Now

Sup all,

I'm working on water curing an oz right now, should be ready by Friday. I plan on cooking this on low in a crockpot for a few hours with some European style butter (higher fat content) and water all day Saturday. I'm going to grind up the material (very very frosty buds, maybe I should only use a 1/2 oz?) with a grinder and dump it all in. Trying to make some chocolate chip cookies for 420. If anyone has any pointers, I'd appreciate it. :) I will post results.
--
TB4U

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
I personally find cannabutter nasty as hell. I just dont like the lil spiceness. It is easily stomached though. Water cure sounds like a great way to maybe take some of the bite off of it.

killabrown420

chocolate chip cookies worked for me. eating it raw on toast doesn't appeal to me though and i'm pretty sold on the cookies for now. they store easily and go great as a topping on ice cream :)

TB4U - I use about an oz per lb and it makes 2 batches of raw cookies and enough for 1 batch of half strength for the ladies. ;) With certain crockpots you have to be careful about leaving it on low, they can bubble if left unattended. the key is low low heat and continuous stirring every 20-30 minutes or more if your like me. you don't want to use a blender like ice hash, just gentle stirring. i go 3-4 hours or more sometimes per batch. a little cheat i found was using my wetsuit gloves to strain the butter/trim mixture while its still hot. i'm going to look around for that euro style butter next time @ the store.

B

BasementGrower

does anyone know know y most cannabutter or canna oil for cooking smells the same? like that spicy smell?

just wondering.. what terpine it could be.. i got this clone from a friend. and man i think the plant stinks like canna oil .. straight up . i put my nose up to the bottle of canna oil.. and the hash or buds from the strain stink just like oil. its very wierd. but i personally love the smell and taste in the buds. n hash. lol i love wen shit has an exotic stink to it.

Azeotrope

Veteran
Brother-in-law made some WAY strong butter with some johnnyblazexsweetblue and some peyote purple. Tasted like hell so I would just put a bunch on a small bit of hearty/seeded bread and get it down quick. Talk about accidental OD at times.....LOL Sure killed the osteoarthritis pain though. Also killed the next 4-6hrs!

ronbo51

Veteran
I know this thread is about butter so forgive me. Have any of you tried pressure cooking vegetable glycerin with bud? VG is pleasantly sweet and extracts cannabinoids efficiently. 20 minutes at 250 under pressure does the trick. You can vape it in an ecig or put a spoonful in anything you like.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
More FAIL.....:rolleyes:

Are you people using mexi-crap weed or something???
I like my ganga milk. A little natural sugar, some ginger and some cardomon(sp).
Simmer for 30 minutes and strain and chill.

I don't think most people are aware of just how nasty their cannabis really is.

Lived in several states, 1 non-medical, 1 medical, 1 recently moved to medical.

Used to think the crap in the non-medical was at least decent. Went to the long-time medical state and gained a thorough education on quality differences. Picked up some of the same stuff as always from the non-med state 2 years later (same grower, same strain, no change in grow style) and was absolutely stunned at how disgusting it was.

Have since moved to colorado (new med state) and find that most of the really good bud never sees the streets or dispensaries. LOL It's absolutely AMAZING to me what people call quality bud around here. *sigh*

1# Turn your butter into Ghee first. (lots of info on the net about that)

2# Kief your bud or turn it into oil

3# Heat the butter to 250F and stir in the hash/kief/oil for 15-20 minutes until the bubble haze starts to fade.

Let cool and enjoy. Great on toast, doesn't need refrigeration (keep it clean though), easily doseable, close enough to butter that it's palatable.

No nasty taste from water extracting gack out of the bud.

It should be buttery with a spicy back and a mild cannabis flavor. If it tastes disgusting... look at the quality of your weed more carefully.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles: