What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Landrace Indica thread

H

hulkbogan

Afghani Kush! You gotta love the big blunt rock hard nugs..... reek of coffee and lemon's :)
DSC00794.jpg

DSC01002.jpg

DSC00789.jpg

DSC00787.jpg

DSC00686.jpg

DSC00675.jpg

DSC00788.jpg

DSC00680.jpg

:):):)

pebble

Veteran
hi everyone :wave:
great thread!! :headbange
here some pics of an Uzbeka
very short flowerin, because she have seeds, i cut her 12th of september (i think i could cut at end of august)
very very hards and strongs.. resist everythin

her

them (2 males)

and finally, the buds cured :jump:

seeds from la mano negra, espero que estes mucho mejor
peace & love

Last edited:

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Awesome!!
I can´t wait to see the results of the Paki x Uzbeki f1 cross!!
la mano negra´s Uzbeki line is killer...I gave many of my lmn´s Cantarela(lmn´s Lesotho x Uzbeki) beans to La California Irie Gang and they liked it :wink:
get well soon mano!! we love you!!
Here´s the X-18,pure from Pakistan :D
023-1.jpg

Last edited:

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hindu Cabbage Death...
Tom,compadre....catchin´up to you :wink:
DC #10 aka DCX aka 610
DC510.jpg

E

ElectroSticky

As afghani as it gets.....

As afghani as it gets.....

:D

No need for words Raco ,, simply amazing :bashhead:

GP .... you are one lucky fellow..lol.... that Chunkbecki i, #1 in my list....lol....... :puppydoge

:rasta:

Last edited:

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
Straight from the Northern part of Afghanistan. No idea about lineage or genetics. Cousin who is private contractor sent me a care package! Still have about 30 seeds from the area collected as he mixed with the locals. Rock hard crystallized nugs and dense as I have ever seen. Straight knock you down couchlock with extreme appetite increase. Burned the shit outta of them trying to push them as fast as I could to finish up before it hits 100* again!! Not even the freakin middle of June yet!

Last edited:
L

levant

Lovely pictures everyone! :headbange

rainha Ginga are those Hunza's from mriko's collections?
I have some seeds but have some trouble getting them to sprout...

Here is some Lebanese from Bluehemp:

And some "wild" Kush:

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
nice thread, i like indicas. anyone experienced Ketama, or any indica from the world of seeds catalogue?

True Moroccan landrace is NOT indica !

Agh, sorry to hear that. Have you tried with giberellic acid ? Did you get them from me or from someone who did a repro from those ? For some reason unbeknownst to me all my Hunza seeds seem to be dead ! :badday:
Oh well, if things goes as planned I should be in Hunza next Harvest, so I can select the plants I'll pick seeds from ! I'l try to go on the Shi'a side of the valley, from what I've heard, smoking is more accepted there (totaly frowned upon in Hunza, if you smoke you're nothing else than a pile of shit !) so maybe there's some selection done for this use ?

Great pics everyone! Raco! man, you're killing me ! :wave:

Irie !

Last edited:

rainha Ginga

Ginga don't sell seeds
Veteran
levant said:
rainha Ginga are those Hunza's from mriko's collections?

Hi levant
These seeds come from a good friend of mine from Northern Europe, a good Viking friend :rasta: .

Peace RG

supahdupah

Ganja Pasha said:
Interesting, I have Dali and Yunnan landrace beans too but from completely different sources, wonder if they would turn out similar?

dali is a city in the province of yunnan, yunnan is a HUGE area that change climate qiute dramaticly from north to south so it´s problaby not a big chance they will turn out simmular. i´ve got diffrent strains everytime i bought some there.

Last edited:

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganja Pasha
Interesting, I have Dali and Yunnan landrace beans too but from completely different sources, wonder if they would turn out similar?

dali is a city in the province of yunnan, yunnan is a HUGE area that change climate qiute dramaticly from north to south so it´s problaby not a big chance they will turn out simmular. i´ve got diffrent strains everytime i bought some there.

I've not been there (...yet?), but I wouldn't be surprised that most of the Yunnan strains around come from Dali or around. If there's one location in whole China which is known for ganja that is Dali in Yunnan plus, as far as I know, it's relatively smoker-friendly. So would make the area a first destination for a seed gatherer, no ? Yunnan is al mountains but as you said supahdupah, there's a whole range of different climates. South receive its share of the moonsoon and there should be interesting sativas to be found towards Laos border. Far North near Tibet/Sichuan borders with higher mountains should yield its share of nice genetics as well.

And for all seed gatherers, please please please, make tracability of seed possible ! "Yunnan" is just not enough, that's very same thing as saying it's from Southern China. Whenever collecting and bringing back exotic beans to share with the community make sure that complete and accurate origins of thes strains is passed on. A small village name can understandably remain secret, but mention the name of valley, or district or anything which could make possible a better maping of differents genetics' extension !

Irie !

supahdupah

mriko said:
I've not been there (...yet?), but I wouldn't be surprised that most of the Yunnan strains around come from Dali or around. If there's one location in whole China which is known for ganja that is Dali in Yunnan plus, as far as I know, it's relatively smoker-friendly. So would make the area a first destination for a seed gatherer, no ?

I also think the most yunnan indicas around now are from dali, li ljang region. as you said it´s famous for being smoker friendly, and it is.
don´t think many seed collectors have been around the whole province of yunnan..it´s not very easy if you not speaking mandarin to find what your after.. dali is a quite turisty town and people talk english.. its ridciously easy to score some..the quality varies alot. you have to know what your after and ask people for best quality around orelse you ill end up with bad quality.

yes it is a good place and quite safe to for collecting seeds. i would recomend you to go further up north to zhong dian (shangrila)i smoked a very nice wild growing indica picked there in dali.

couple of pics from dali..

local stuff

thx for sharing indica landrace pics everybody!

Last edited:

supahdupah

I love this thread ..keep posting your pics! :headbange

Another Yunnan Chinese indica P2 got the seeds fom dubi :)
Don´t know the exact orgin of this landrace

pic is taken six weeks from seed. Grown in soil and coco and stands in a sunny window.

i´l post some budshots and a smoke report when it´s time ;)

Last edited:

viljami

mushuthewhale said:
Nice pics of the afghan viljami - lovely colour on the leaves. Do your have any more info on this strain, since they are not really that informative about this particular plant, regarding stretch, yield etc.

Well, first time growing it, can't say much about it. I'm growing it with cob and TFD skunk1 , the afghan is much hardier than those others. Seedlings got a little too rootbound and lower leaves on calio and skunk got yellow, no signs on afghans. Less mites on them too. 4/5 had fat fingers, one male had narrower leaves and was culled. They do give some odours even in veg.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheHashAssassin

viljami said:
Well, first time growing it, can't say much about it. I'm growing it with cob and TFD skunk1 , the afghan is much hardier than those others. Seedlings got a little too rootbound and lower leaves on calio and skunk got yellow, no signs on afghans. Less mites on them too. 4/5 had fat fingers, one male had narrower leaves and was culled. They do give some odours even in veg.

interesting you noticed that with the mites. I would like to study it further sometime, but I think that sativas are more prone to the mites then most indicas. Last show inside I ran last year got mites, but they only hit the willie nelson, lebanese (which is at least 50:50), and NL #5 the most :chin:

Latest posts

Latest posts