What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

immune to ingested cannabis?

try rice crispy treats, low temp all the way, marshmellow's melt at a very low temp and absorb tons of butter.
i use 2 oz trim and 4 stick butter, cook it all day on low and strain.
slowly start adding mellow's to the already warm butter. (i like the strawberry flavored mellow's)
once the butter is absorbed mix in rice crispy(berry are good)

i usually don't wait till they cool and pig out. i would always over do it and not touch the rest of em. feeling like i was paralyzed, wanting to move but couldn't find the motivation to even think about it. lol i stick to smoking now. i'll burn some hash if i wanna kick it up a notch. i know why that cop called 911, i felt like i was going to die too. and i smoked a ounce a week.

all i'm trying to say is that your not missing out on anything! that shit was crazy.

G

If you don't feel cannabis butter, you should get your liver checked. Bile comes from the liver, and its what helps your system break down and absorb fats from the food you eat. I have never met anyone in my whole life who didn't get dizzy and nearly vomit, let alone get stoned, from the pot food I've made.

I certainly don't think that you are eating the pot food, digesting and absorbing the fats allowing the THC to flow into your blood stream, then just not feeling it due to some 'immunity'. I doubt vehicle has any relevance as long as it is still getting to the blood stream.

I think it has to do with your body failing to process it properly.

ZoomBoom said:
If you don't feel cannabis butter, you should get your liver checked. Bile comes from the liver, and its what helps your system break down and absorb fats from the food you eat. I have never met anyone in my whole life who didn't get dizzy and nearly vomit, let alone get stoned, from the pot food I've made.

I certainly don't think that you are eating the pot food, digesting and absorbing the fats allowing the THC to flow into your blood stream, then just not feeling it due to some 'immunity'. I doubt vehicle has any relevance as long as it is still getting to the blood stream.

I think it has to do with your body failing to process it properly.

Agreed, could be a bad liver, vitamin deficiency (B6?) or maybe inefficient digestion for some other reason.

Some guy on this thread was saying a slow metabolism (i.e. being overweight) was good for THC absorption, but I think he's got it backwards. High metabolism means quick burn, which means an intense and sudden high from the THC in fat. Low metabolism means slow burn, storing the THC in your cells for gradual release later, maybe over a period of days, weeks or months...the effect being so slow you might not notice it, except for feeling spacey from time to time...

I only tried the digestion route once, at age 17, and it failed. OK I was a novice back then, but there was no experienced guru to help guide me, so gimme a break. I had grown some weed in the forest and got really impatient with the progress of my babies, so I clipped a couple fistfuls of leaves off and tried smoking them raw. Yeah, that didn't work as you might imagine, because they weren't dry, so I stuck them in the microwave for a quick cure. I saw sparks and smoke, so I took them out and stuck them (slightly cooked) into some Reeses candy (the peanut butter and chocolate) and ate them. Well as you might expect, there was no effect.

Then a few days later a neighborhood boy, not a friend of mine, stumbled upon the plants, and his conservative Christian parents called the property owner, who decided to clear-cut and burn the whole forest including all the trees and shrubs, leaving an empty wasteland. This is symbolic of where the human race is headed on this planet Earth. I knew right away that people are insane, that the thing people really love to do is destroy stuff. Fire, bullets, bombs and nukes, that's what makes the world go 'round. Just a couple folks like us that love the bud.

I think the guy who recommended milk-based cannabis digestion was right on. Drink it on an empty stomach and see what happens. Also try popping a multi-vitamin with breakfast and see if it makes you feel better and if it assists in improving THC digestion. Remember vitamins have synergy together, don't just take one for "B" vitamins, take a good multi from a reputable brand instead. btw, it is easier to o.d. on vitamins than on pot.

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
It's all about tolerance, if you've reached the stage where you can still feel in control and not have paranoia and giggles galore then edibles can be useless to you.

I think a huge part of edibles not working is also cooking method, if you ever pass 325 degrees while cooking you've essentially vaped a good portion of the weed off, it will still fuck you up but not as much.

Use a meat or candy thermometer while cooking, if you do decarboxylate your stash wrap it tightly in aluminum foil so no air escapes and let it cook a bit in the oven on low.

I;m a scrawny fucker at 190 6'5" myself :rasta:

S

Suby said:
It's all about tolerance, if you've reached the stage where you can still feel in control and not have paranoia and giggles galore then edibles can be useless to you.

I think a huge part of edibles not working is also cooking method, if you ever pass 325 degrees while cooking you've essentially vaped a good portion of the weed off, it will still fuck you up but not as much.

Use a meat or candy thermometer while cooking, if you do decarboxylate your stash wrap it tightly in aluminum foil so no air escapes and let it cook a bit in the oven on low.

I;m a scrawny fucker at 190 6'5" myself :rasta:

S

Yeah I'd buy that bit about tolerance. I no longer get the giggles, sadly. To me pot is no big deal, and there aren't any surprises in store. I think the giggles come from the "surprise" factor. the brain interprets the high sensation as humorous. But if you're accustomed to it from previous usage then you just have the "stoned" feeling which is kinda mellow.

Paranoia hits sometimes with higher doses, but I can manage that by just concentrating on other things and not worrying about it. After all it's only pot, not anything to be alarmed about, and it's over in about an hour or so.

I don't plan to cook with pot because I don't have that much to experiment with, and need a tried and true method, and smoking is just more efficient. also, I'm a little leery of taking a super brownie that will knock my ass out, and put me to sleep. If I wanted to sleep, I'd just take valerian root or something cheaper. Smoking may not be good for the lungs but it doesn't tax the liver (or does it?) and is easier to control dosage.

However, getting back to the tolerance hypothesis to explain why brownies don't work for some - I still think there's more to it than that. Maybe if you're very skinny, your body has trouble processing fats. That's a fair assumption, isn't it? So if the fats are passing straight through your gut, then you are probably not absorbing much THC. It is going directly to the toilet. That was why I recommended drinking the milk because the fats in liquid form might be easier to absorb. Or hell another idea is just use alcohol, and let it absorb directly through your gums--make some "potka". I hate to suggest that, because alcohol is antagonistic to pot, but it's an idea.

Same thing happens to my friend. I usually have to eat double the regular dose. But the only time I've ever gotten him high off edibles was when I made him eat about 10g's worth and he was a wreck and fell asleep 45 mins after the effect started. So some people just don't do well with it I suppose. He was a big kid though, prob weighed about 210 and was 6 2. It takes me about 2.5g-3.5g of butter to feel anything. Also depends on what method is used. I find that oil works better on people like him.

Jeff Lebowski said:
I think maybe amoeba has it about the fat idea. I make the brownies, cook them pretty low and it works wonders for others but for me its nothing, which is okay. I just like the brownie at that point, hehe. Id love to try a milk recipe though, any suggestions?

The traditional milk-based drink from Morocco is known as Bhang. It contains spices like cinammon, cardamon, cloves and maybe a few other things, similar to chai I suppose but I've never had it before. There's a recipe here on icmag, just look for it. I may try this route myself. I have to get out of smoking, it's making me sneeze and cough like it always used to do, plus the neighbors may eventually smell it.

razor ridge

chocolate/penutbutter/oat cookies-no bake, fudge-no bake, my butter will rock your ass, never had anyone say they didnt get off on it, 1 tablespoon of the last chocolate walnut goo I made will waste you all night

I've never gotten high off edibles either... Have made various edibles myself, per directions, nothing. Have had space cake and other goodies in Amsterdam, maybe half a dozen times, nothing. Have soaked a 2 gram bud in olive oil, then ate it raw, nothing.

And I have a low smoking tolerance (certainly compared to many of the smokers on icmag). I can take one hit off of high potency bud and stay baked for a couple hours. A small bowl of decent mexi brick keeps me baked for an hour and a half.

I haven't tried it in years, I'll give it another shot next time I have the chance - I am fatter than I used to be, maybe the extra fat floating around in my blood will help?

The Skipper never shows any effects from our Island edibles, while others are simply floored. I don't have an explanation as all of us here are medical users and we all use the same source.

Safe Harbor
Gilligan

nobull56

ICMag Donor
The Skipper never shows any effects from our Island edibles, while others are simply floored. I don't have an explanation as all of us here are medical users and we all use the same source.

Safe Harbor
Gilligan

Gilligan, if you were a GKG, your banana bread tastes great!!:2cents:

Now to the thread, have the folks tryed eating hash or keif? My wife's father never had edibles work, took off on 1g hash! Now is more sensitive, edible, keif or hash; .25 to .5g for pain control.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Great thread! To all those who haven't felt the amazing difference of your weed backed instead of smoked, you are in for a treat one day. The buds that are too small or I'm too lazy to manicure get run through the coffee grinder (finest setting). The brownies in this photo are made in a 9" x 9" cut into 16 pieces. I use a Ghirardelli triple chocolate chip brownie mix. I ad in chopped almonds, pecans, and real butter (as has been said) the THC likes fat to grab onto. Right before I put it into the oven I top them with mini M&M's.

picture.php

8 grms into the mix = .5grms per brownie. My brownies will make anyone happy :joint:

picture.php

Lil 'o Me

Farm hand
Veteran
I just started cooking with hash, and prefer it to cannabutter. You can make ANYTHING using hash, and its alot less messy than making cannabutter. If anyone is having diifficulty feeling the affects from eddibles, try eating on an empty stomach, wait about 15 mins and then eat something else. This may sound gross, but in order for your body to get a high from consumption, you've got to produce enouph bile in your digestive system to proccess the THC. The more bile your digestive track creates to break down food, the better effect from THC eddibles.

blastfrompast

Veteran
4oz popcorn to 500ml coconut oil is the ratio I use...

1/2 tsp in a cup of hot chocolate does most people..

2tablespoons and you will see tracers and most likely green out....

1tablspoon is just right if you wanna waste away an afternoon on the couch...

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ate a whole try of brownies once cuz they "weren't working"

The next day I realized I had been riding the rain in circles for 16 hours..

SmokedFish

i have seen this phenomenon present itself in several forms.

1. some people are actually immune to it. it cannot be denied. they eat enough to have an elephant cruizin the clouds and yet no effect.
2. this group is the same type of people that claim they aren't drunk when they cannot stand up straight. i think its the same kind of ego thing for these freaks.

me, im never drunk or baked so i dont fit in these groups. lol

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I haven't ever had anyone eat my edible or sometimes edible thc concoctions...a few said they don't get high off edibles,,, but they usually were the ones stuck on my couch for hours....lol...30 plus years or so...yeehaw... that would suck to be truly immune from edible high tho...sucks to be you

Steven Seagul

I tried different kinds of cookies and cakes and never felt anything. The last time I actually kinda felt narcoleptic, but no high or stone, I just went to bed.